SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Found an Italian made all silver 1991 inox Beretta 92FS today
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Found an Italian made all silver 1991 inox Beretta 92FS today Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:
quote:
Originally posted by OpenRoad:

When you say you "know" that stainless steel controls are brittle, what the ACTUAL FUCK are you talking about?

Perhaps not being so rude would engender an intelligent reply.

Based on the contents of the original post, I don't expect one.

Posts: 253 | Registered: January 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OpenRoad:
quote:
I know the stainless controls were brittle so Beretta swapped to carbon steel controls but man! Those things are lookers.
Are you referring to when they switched to black plastic controls and parts with metal inserts?

When you say you "know" that stainless steel controls are brittle, what the ACTUAL FUCK are you talking about?
Mind your manners, or don't bother posting. There is no reason to come out swinging like that. Just be cool.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107486 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry about the reply, it just touched a raw nerve, that's IMO how stupid internet rumors get started. I shouldn't have taken the post that seriously.

Posts: 253 | Registered: January 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
It's not an "internet rumor". Beretta Italy had a metallurgy issue and had some limited failures (slide lock levers and trigger bars I believe). Moving to black coated carbon steel was done for two reasons; cost obviously but also to reduce reliability issues.

The move to plastic coated parts occurred around 2003-2004, another cost-cutting measure to stay price competitive with polymer guns.

I have over 20 examples of the 92 in my collection; last thing I'd do is share made up info about them.

I've been talking to a few folks at Beretta about offering NP3 or hard chromed parts kits to ghost out a stainless gun. They've got a few parts on the site but still missing a bunch.

I've gone the other route and had e-nickel, CCR CPII and NP3 done to a few. CDNN has 92 parts kits for cheap which are good donors for sending to Robar.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This just keeps getting better. Got directed to WAL at beretta forum, who put together some alumigrips with medallions. (thanks brianfede!)

Sure dresses the gun up, more than the original condition that I bought it in, at the bottom of this post.

Then I was at a local gun shop yesterday. They had bins of mags behind the counter by brand, no packaging. I asked to see the Beretta bin and there was a stainless 92 mag with silver metal base new for $25. And they had a clearance priced benelli sbe 2 nib black 26 inch for $1099!

[ URL=http://s1167.photobucket.com/user/Mario_Giberti/media/Mobile%20Uploads/61B7390E-2A0E-43C9-96B8-86B6D032D3BB_zpsl9oz7ie3.jpg.html] [/URL]

[QUOTE=bowtech;1249860]Ok, finally got photos of my new Italian inox 92fs, 1991. Needs a good cleaning, but no major scratches I can see.
[URL="http://s1167.photobucket.com/user/Mario_Giberti/media/Mobile%20Uploads/110AB78F-E20E-47D5-829A-3A3662338AC6_zpsb7aulinm.jpg.html"] [/URL]
[URL="http://s1167.photobucket.com/user/Mario_Giberti/media/Mobile%20Uploads/F2EF480E-BA57-42D4-8937-D737F755A6B3_zpsfssyhlnz.jpg.html"] [/URL][/QUOTE]

Posts: 980 | Location: Portsmouth, NH | Registered: October 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very, very nice. I want one now !

Posts: 154 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: December 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I was fortunate enough to snag one on here quite a few years ago. Very nice!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38642 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice Mario. Beautiful pistol.
Since a lot of people are on a Beretta kick lately, I have a question. What is the significance of a triple serial numbered Beretta? Anything special? All Italian with the box saying, "Made in Italy".

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joatmonv:
What is the significance of a triple serial numbered Beretta? Anything special? All Italian with the box saying, "Made in Italy".

Italian law controls more parts of the pistol as the actual "gun" than the US so they all get marked w/ s/n. The barrel for example is considered a gun so can't be bought/sold easily there.

Some folks like Italian made guns and others don't care. I've seen nice stuff come out of both factories and also really, really bad stuff out of both. Lately, it seems new production from both facilities is not up to snuff so be sure and check whatever you're buying over VERY closely before doing the 4473 and taking it home.

I had to go through four M9A3's to get a "keeper" and a buddy bought a brand new Italian made 92A1 that had such a bad burr inside the slide, we had to use a dead blow hammer to separate it from the frame. Easily remedied with a file and some polishing but should be better QC from Beretta than that.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you PGT.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by joatmonv:
What is the significance of a triple serial numbered Beretta? Anything special? All Italian with the box saying, "Made in Italy".

Italian law controls more parts of the pistol as the actual "gun" than the US so they all get marked w/ s/n. The barrel for example is considered a gun so can't be bought/sold easily there.

Some folks like Italian made guns and others don't care. I've seen nice stuff come out of both factories and also really, really bad stuff out of both. Lately, it seems new production from both facilities is not up to snuff so be sure and check whatever you're buying over VERY closely before doing the 4473 and taking it home.

I had to go through four M9A3's to get a "keeper" and a buddy bought a brand new Italian made 92A1 that had such a bad burr inside the slide, we had to use a dead blow hammer to separate it from the frame. Easily remedied with a file and some polishing but should be better QC from Beretta than that.

Thanks. Good to know.

Posts: 980 | Location: Portsmouth, NH | Registered: October 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post