SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Found an Italian made all silver 1991 inox Beretta 92FS today
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Found an Italian made all silver 1991 inox Beretta 92FS today Login/Join 
posted
Old school, made in Italy. All silver controls, so this is an older one. Don't see these often, especially in like new shape for $450. On layaway at a local shop. He doesn't pay anything for guns coming in, and prices accordingly on his used gun prices.
Will pick it up next month. Gun budget is gone this mo. Unless I end up selling something in the meantime.
No box and a 10 round mag, but I have extra Beretta boxes and tons of mags .

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MarioG,

Posts: 980 | Location: Portsmouth, NH | Registered: October 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
nice! all silver Italians are worth $$$ these days. I scored one with two white follower stainless mags for $525 last year (they go for 2x that on Gunbroker).

I know the stainless controls were brittle so Beretta swapped to carbon steel controls but man! Those things are lookers.

Here's the one I got...ended up selling it to a buddy but with right of first refusal if he ever sold it.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Here's a picture of mine My pops gave me around 8 years ago.

Posts: 1570 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd jump at 450 all day long. Great score!

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, did not know the all silver Italian made 92's were so pricy. Might have to just pick it up Monday !

Thanks for the info. Now I will have to find the silver mags w white followers

Posts: 980 | Location: Portsmouth, NH | Registered: October 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I paid $650.00, less a few cents, NIB 7 years ago. Sounds like you got a great deal. They are fine pistols.

Posts: 282 | Location: Lake Martin, Alabama | Registered: April 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Called Beretta customer service. My new (to me) 92fs Italian made all silver inox was a ban state gun, came with 2 10 round mags originally, was made in 1991.
So the one mag it comes with may be original to the gun.
Now if the gun shop owner can just find the original box. He is looking to see if he has it.

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Now I will have to find the silver mags w white followers

The only redeeming quality is the metal bases on them. Collectors like the white followers for some reason but I immediately sold my mags (no original box or sleeve so collector status was already diminished)

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked one up a few months ago and put some custom grips on it. $450 is a steal..Congrats.

Posts: 246 | Location: Chicago Area | Registered: November 16, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
You guys are killing me with those pretty Berettas!

Just beautiful.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1681 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Sexy!!

Beretta is the Sophia Loren of the pistol world.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all of the photos. One thing I am noticing is that this 1991 serial number is LOW.
L035xxZ Four digit serial number.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brianfede:
I picked one up a few months ago and put some custom grips on it. $450 is a steal..Congrats.

Tell me about these grips!

Posts: 1092 | Location: Michigan | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WAL made them for me on the Beretta Forum as well as the magazines and base plates.

Posts: 246 | Location: Chicago Area | Registered: November 16, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice, i have been dreaming about a 92 for a long time. The wilson is ok. This, gets my engine running.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
$450 on that gun is an absolute steal, you've done very well.

Posts: 9958 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Excellent price for the gun. My INOX has been a favorite, paid around $600 seven years ago for a NIB example.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Any cool points for an american all silver Inox?

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was that at KTP? Looked like a really nice Beretta at a very reasonable price. Funny, as they are hit or miss on used guns and prices. Congrats. After watching Ronin for the first time, I always wanted one (and a two tone P239).

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by terra:
Was that at KTP? Looked like a really nice Beretta at a very reasonable price. Funny, as they are hit or miss on used guns and prices. Congrats. After watching Ronin for the first time, I always wanted one (and a two tone P239).

No . Not ktp. They have had to cut what they pay due to gun market being down. they got stuck with a lot of used sigs that were worth less after sig lowered prices a year or two ago. They have not lowered prices that much, guess their volume is down.