SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P210 CARRY in 2021 Catalogue
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P210 CARRY in 2021 Catalogue Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Sorta reminds me of a single-stack Wilson EDC X9.

Posts: 32495 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I see CZ 97 in it for some reason.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Neat I suppose. Not liking the grips myself, primarily because of their choice of color. Just my opinion: its shortened length and the all-black theme loses much of the elegance of the original 5" configuration--whether Swiss, German or American--with walnut panels. The style and proportions of the original is still my ideal as being the best looking pistol design ever; this to my way of aesthetic feels a bit mutt-like and downmarket in comparison.

Hope SIG does well with it nonetheless, else it'll disappear just as fast as the reimagined P225 (A/A1/A-1/oh whatever) did given SIG NH's propensity to move on quickly whenever something doesn't meet their perhaps too lofty and optimistic sales expectations.

-MG

Posts: 1979 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Sorta reminds me of a single-stack Wilson EDC X9.

Didn't SIG and Wilson do some sort of joint-project work on the P320 at one point? The grips shown on the P210 Carry really do seem a lot more reminiscent of the EDC X9 grips in the picture you posted than do the grips shown when the P210 Carry was trotted out for SHOT a couple of years ago.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
The P210-C's grips appear most similar to what's found on the Sig Nightmare series of pistols.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Take the Wilson. I think Sig did a shitty job. Should have tried to stay true to the P210 lines, cut back duct cover, old school grips.

Major dissapointment.

Posts: 1153 | Location: Decatur, GA | Registered: November 14, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Looks very functional to me.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any new information on this or did it just sort of fade away?

Posts: 26 | Registered: June 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Two things. That Carry is awful. I’m not a 210 guy at all but for fucks sake that isn’t a 210. So what’s the point?

Number 2, in that catalogue the 365X is gone. No short slide with optics cut. Seems unlikely that they kept the shitty SAS but not the optics ready version. Probably an oversight.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Two things. That Carry is awful. I’m not a 210 guy at all but for fucks sake that isn’t a 210. So what’s the point?

Number 2, in that catalogue the 365X is gone. No short slide with optics cut. Seems unlikely that they kept the shitty SAS but not the optics ready version. Probably an oversight.

Man. That’s rough…

What makes you say that? I held the 210 carry at shot show a few years ago. It was kinda cool. Is it antiquated in capacity and weight? Yea sure, but who cares, feels great and looks cool.

I am a 210 guy. I don’t understand the hate.

NRA Training Counselor
NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 2506 | Location: FL | Registered: May 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The P365X actually wasn't around when that catalog was released.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Q.

It’s not hate. I don’t like the 210. Does nothing for me but I don’t hate it just don't see the appeal. That Carry version though takes everything iconic about a classic design and chucks it. Honest question to you 210 lovers, is that what you envisioned or want from a 210 Carry?

I suspect this makes the 225a1 seem long lived.

Posts: 7459 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would certainly consider the Carry.

The P210 is one of the more elegant pistols in its price range.

The EDCx9 isn't really a comparison, in form, function, appearance, and certainly not price.

I paid about twenty seven hundred for mine, I think.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Honest question to you 210 lovers, is that what you envisioned or want from a 210 Carry?

I suspect this makes the 225a1 seem long lived.

Well, I'm going to feel funny admitting this because I've bitched about grips being too short on other models like the 228/229, but I was expecting a slightly shorter (say, one round less in the magazine) grip frame.

But other than that? Yeah, pretty much.

As for the 225A1, it's still struggling to go cheap on the used market. Then again, I did want a slightly longer barrel and slide on that.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I love my Sig P210A Target.

The only thing I have in my safe that matches it in terms of fit and feel is my Staccato R, which cost $500 more, and the P210A is classier-looking Smile

The P210 Carry, though... It looks like a nice pistol. I imagine it'd be wonderful to shoot. But a 4 in. bbl pistol with a single-stack mag doesn't do it for me, functionally-speaking.

I tend to go from 3 in. bbl single-stack pistols for carry--usually IWB, to full-size pistols, single- or double-stack, carried OWB.

Now, a Sig P210 compact, with a 3 in. bbl... that might grab my attention Smile

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I like it. I've never shot a P210, so I have zero appreciation for the heritage of the gun, apart from the fact that I hear they shoot really well. I like large metal-framed single-stack guns, so I could see this one agreeing with me. Unfortunately it's a moot point as Sig doesn't seem to be getting them out the door, and even if they did I'm pretty sure it would be out of my price range.

Looking through this catalog is actually pretty depressing. It's almost entirely specialized (Legion, Pro, Elite, "Emperor Scorpion" whatever the heck that means!) upmarket stuff and almost exclusively 9mm. What ever happened to the well-built, practical everyman models that put Sig on the map in the first place? I'm sure these are still good guns, but I don't want to pay double the price for a fancy finish or logo, when the base models have everything I want or need.

Posts: 8543 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Ew. Do not like.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I missed the Emperor Scorpion lol. Seems like a can’t miss with that name.

Yup, not long before they go back to the rainbow models.

Ps, I still love my 225a1’s. I bought one from Q where he mixed and matched some grips and it’s almost perfect.

Maybe I need to try one of these 210’s out. You guys are rarely that far off the mark.

Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
No rail?

Posts: 9957 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
No rail?

On a P210?!?! *ewwww*

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post