SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Pistol Value ??

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Pistol Value ?? Login/Join 
posted
I have a Rossi 5 shot .38 special, blued, 2 inch barrel and never fired that belonged to my dad. He bought it and never shot it...just kept it around the house for defense and I brought it home when he died several years ago. It's every bit of 25-30 yrs old and I would like to get a ballpark value on it. Thanks for any help. I can post a picture later if that will help.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Report This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
I'd do an Advanced Search on GunBroker and look at 'Completed Auctions' for Pistols that were SOLD. Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8867 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Report This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Pre-Covid, $200ish, might get $350 currently

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Report This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
I firmly believe that different in parts of the country, guns have different values.

For example, in NY, Model 10 and Model 36 Smiths are worth maybe $125-$200.00 because of all the retired NYPD Cops now selling off older guns. Remember, when the NYPD carried the Model 10, and 36 (Back-up/Off Duty) they were 38,000 strong. Now, since the NYPD switched to 9MM's back in the 90's, we're probably on the tail end of 10's and 36's. So soon values may rise ... IF ... there's a demand.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies folks! That gives me something to go on.

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Report This Post
posted Hide Post
For the original cost of the gun, personally, I would keep it. That is if you are deciding to sell it. Rossi makes some good guns. I have always had my eye on a Cyclops for some reason, no pun intended.

Posts: 6874 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
My dad bought 2 just like yours when i was younger. The 1st one was stolen but he still has the 2nd and it still looks and runs great 30+ years later. Id keep it, it's more value than the $200-300 you'll get selling it.

Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T.Webb:
I firmly believe that different in parts of the country, guns have different values.

For example, in NY, Model 10 and Model 36 Smiths are worth maybe $125-$200.00 because of all the retired NYPD Cops now selling off older guns. Remember, when the NYPD carried the Model 10, and 36 (Back-up/Off Duty) they were 38,000 strong. Now, since the NYPD switched to 9MM's back in the 90's, we're probably on the tail end of 10's and 36's. So soon values may rise ... IF ... there's a demand.

they absolutely do, the net has changed that just a bit, but the same gun will bring different prices in some regions,

guessing that is a Rossi/Rossi, as in made by them, not the new Rossi/Taurus which is basically a rebadged 85,

good guns either way,
my grandmother had a Rossi back in the 70's that ran fine, (it was stolen and replaced with a smith 36)

and yes, 250+ here in the mid atlantic

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Report This Post