SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P239 Carpal tunnel confession
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P239 Carpal tunnel confession Login/Join 
Picture of Dbltap
posted
I purchased one of the famous Dan's Ammo
P239 9mm's back when I can't quite remember, 2009 or so. At my request Dan shipped it directly to Gray Guns.

The GG's crew did their well regarded action work. The PW Arms laser engraving was stoned down and the the slide refinished in Super Black.

Some months later it came home and I mentally noted it was just like the last 2 P239 9mm's I had owned and sold off. In the big safe it went to be shuffled around, buried, played with, cleaned and outta sight outta minded.

And never shot until yesterday. Wow what an awesome laser accurate pistol. The DA pull is very smooth and the SA break is just outstanding.
I knew what to expect because the GG's prepped tool steel P225 fire control is a tad better.

None of this is a surprise. What is a most pleasant surprise after not shooting any of my Sig P series since well before carpal tunnel surgery is this. Because the recoil impulse is so different from my Glocks, my Sigs do not drive the grip into the heel of my hand right on top of
the median nerve.

I've never been recoil sensitive but post carpal tunnel I am now. Shooting my G32's is now very uncomfortable as grip gets pounded into the c/t surgery scar. I shot 200 rounds of 9mm and the first shot was same as the last, very comfortable with no pounding of the heel of my right hand.
The P239 holsters and mag carriers have been dug out and dusted off.
The G32 gen 3&4 will be for sale shortly.

Posts: 458 | Registered: August 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I was not aware that the P225 trigger was an improvement addition to a P239.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dbltap
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
I was not aware that the P225 trigger was an improvement addition to a P239.

Just a note comparing both GG's prepped actions, P225 vs the P239.

Posts: 458 | Registered: August 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post