SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    meprolight nighsights
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

meprolight nighsights Login/Join 
posted
Yesterday i've discovered that my MK25 meprolight frontsight was dead, i've bought the gun in 2013, after that i've looked to my P320C and... the frontsight was dead,i've bought the gun in 2014, as i have a p320FS with the frontsight in perfect condition, i've decided to install it on my P320C, so after the change the frontsight was... dead!!! WTF!!! i've bought one from Brownell's 2 years ago and after 1 month the tritium was dead!
Have anyone experienced something similar?
I can't find a sightstool for the P320. I've tapped the baseplate of the frontsight and not the frontsight himself to avoid cracks and damage but it doesn't help visibly.

Posts: 467 | Registered: November 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Tritium night sights typically have a shelf life of about 12 years. It wouldn't hurt to contact SIG or BROWNELL'S about a replacement.

I've never had a night sight just go 'dead', especially as quickly as you've experienced. They do get progressively weaker over time but are still visible.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I have never had a night sight just plain die. I have some on a P245 that are OLD and still ever so slightly glow (not usefully but do glow)

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Night sights fail. I purchased a P224 new when they first came out and the front sight went out about one month later. I contacted Sig and told the that the LE Dept I work for had Sig Armorers on staff, and they sent me the sight and requested that I return the dead one to them.

No hassle. If you dont have a certified armorer, they may want you to sent the gun back to them, bud my guess is that they will fix it.

Posts: 545 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
They die when the radioactive material leaks out and disappears.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The problem is that here in switzerland sig sauer CS is inexistant the waiting time for parts or everything is 6 months!!! I m sure they have no sights in stock. For exemple we have no solutions for the volontary upgrade programme they don't want to hear something about this problem. I will contact meprolight directly.

Banned
posted Hide Post
I dropped a slide once time, back in the 1990s. The tritium leaked out. I had to replace the sight. It can happen

Posts: 531 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
So I took my P245 to the range today. It is dated 99 (KK)

When I got home I took it to a dark room and the nights still glow. They are so faint your eyes pretty much have to dark adapt and then you need to stare right at them but damn if all three dots are not still putting out a tiny, minuscule glow.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I have had two night sights "wink out," I assume because something happened to make the tritium gas escape. It wouldn't take much. I don't remember if they were Meprolight brand. It could potentially happen to any brand.

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Just my experience, so take it for what that’s worth. Mepro’s customer service SUCKs. I had to argue with them on three separate phone calls to get a front sight replaced that was less than two years old. They were rude every time I spoke to them. Trijicon or Ameriglo are all I use now. Hopefully your experience will be different

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A tritium front sight only doesn't cost that much, I'd rather by a pay for a Trijicon HD replacement than deal with their CS and shipping, waiting...

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i have just 3 frontsights dead!!! this will cost me 25% of a new P320!