SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Any 5 inch PPQ Owners?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any 5 inch PPQ Owners? Login/Join 
posted
Curious if anybody has one of the long slide PPQs and what you think of them. Trying to decide what my next purchase will be. Any info appreciated.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2739 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
I do. It has a nice trigger out of the box, and the slide is super easy to manipulate. However, I couldn't get it to fit my hand quite right. The large backstrap felt the most like my P-series Sigs, but it rubbed a blister at the base of my thumb after one match. The medium felt good, and I could reach the mag release without shifting my grip, but my strong hand fingers wrapped around such that when I squeezed tightly with my support hand, it felt like I was displacing my strong hand fingers. It just wasn't for me.

I was about to put it up for sale, possibly for a P320, when my wife said she wanted to try it out. The medium grip fits her well, she can operate the slide and reach all the controls, and she shoots it fairly well for someone who doesn't shoot a lot. So it's hers now.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had one and recently sold for, guess what..a sig with SRT.
Yeah the ppq has a great polymer trigger but it doesn't come remotely close to a sig with SRT. I was also not a fan of the sights.

Posts: 62 | Registered: June 10, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AJRB:
I was also not a fan of the sights.

I blacked out the rear dots and put a Dawson FO front sight on mine.

quote:
Originally posted by AJRB:
I had one and recently sold for, guess what..a sig with SRT.
Yeah the ppq has a great polymer trigger but it doesn't come remotely close to a sig with SRT.

It's really apples and oranges comparing a PPQ to a P-series. If you compare it to other polymer striker-fired guns, it fares pretty well.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
The 5"PPQ and the P320FS are two of my favorite range guns. I took an old friend to the range last week and brought several pistols, the PPQ 5" was his favorite. I have a red fiber optic front sight and talons on it...bought it when they first came out- never an issue.

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I really wish Walther hadn't "forgotten" about the 5" conversion packages they had promised to have for PPQ M1 owners...(sigh)...

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
In terms of the "conversion"- with the current $100 rebate you could get an entire pistol for the same price as P320 conversion unit and mix and match as needed. I run my 5" upper on both M2 and M1/classic lowers as I already had the m1 before getting the 5".

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
I like them so much...I bought 2. Favorite hamdgun beside my CZs.

Posts: 1350 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heisrizn
posted Hide Post
What about the Q5 match?

Posts: 1549 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a PPQ 22 with the threaded barrel. One of my closest friends has a PPQ M2 4" and she loves it. I want the PPQ M2 Navy as soon as I can find one in stock. I"m really conflicted between a PPQ M2 Navy and a VP9 with both rebates going on...

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob RI:
In terms of the "conversion"- with the current $100 rebate you could get an entire pistol for the same price as P320 conversion unit and mix and match as needed. I run my 5" upper on both M2 and M1/classic lowers as I already had the m1 before getting the 5".

That's something that I've considered from time to time; amazingly such thoughts coinciding whenever another 5" comes into our shop inventory. Big Grin

But I just don't like the idea of having two distinctly different sets of PPQ magazines to keep tabs on.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by heisrizn:
What about the Q5 match?

Great pistol. Besides the optics capability, it comes with a FO front and LPA adjustable rear.

Posts: 186 | Registered: September 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tuesday was gone when I told her my name is the breeze.
posted Hide Post
I am in the sig srt trigger camp.I know its a hammer trigger setup,but the striker fired pistol is a love it or leave it for me.

The srt is perfect for me.I can feel enough resistance to lock my mind into shooting where the front sight is pointed,but there is hardly any trigger pull to make the front sight move.

I hope that makes sense to you pro shooters.

Thats why i am really thinking hard about the cz tactical gun instead of a striker gun.I just love a sweet 1911 trigger style or feel setup

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post