SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    1911 We The People
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1911 We The People Login/Join 
Picture of macfly
posted
Anyone got one of these?

Just ordered one. I have a bunch of SIGs but this will be my first 1911. With July 4th coming up I felt it was my patriotic duty Smile

Posts: 779 | Registered: July 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Faded jeans look, eh? I could stand that, but the grips are kind of cheesy, though.

Q

Posts: 26322 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's cool. If I want my gun to looked "distressed" I will shoot it, a lot! Not into the artificial look.

For ME:
DA/SA= Sig 9mm
Striker fired= Glock 9mm
If it's a .45= 1911
Suppressed= HK in .45
I like anything in 10mm

Posts: 1442 | Location: VA | Registered: July 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of macfly
posted Hide Post
anything to know about sig 1911s that might help a 1911 newb?

addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Well if nothing else you won't be stressing out over its first scratch.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
"Now with the authentic Idiot scratch"

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of macfly
posted Hide Post
Lol. Yeah, i guess i kinda like the finish. One less thing to worry about and its a great gunmetal color. Are usually buy guns to use as carry weapons or they say it in a safe. This one I completely plan to take out and not worry about how it looks so it IS one thing less to worry about!

Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I own a few Sig 1911's & appreciate the small size of the levers especially the safety. They don't snag & are easily flickable.

Posts: 13804 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I played with one at the NRA show and I found it to be comepletley cheeseball. I think the billboard and cheesey MIM hammer ruin it. I think if you want to convey this type of message on a 1911 it should be a traditional looking 1911 not a Sig 1911-ish pistol. Just my opinion.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trigger has the cheese thing going on, too. Military hammer, short trigger, and some walnut..... it would be OK.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the purchase. Hope you enjoy it. I happen to like the way it looks and am looking forward to seeing one next time I head over to the Pro Shop.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2385 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
Cool, but I'd like it even better in straight GI garb. I find the distressed look combined with the modern sights and controls to be somewhat of a contradiction. Short of that, enjoy your new .45!

Posts: 3503 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
Did you notice that there are 25 stars on each grip? nice touch Sig.

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armedprof:
Did you notice that there are 25 stars on each grip? nice touch Sig.

Should have made it 13 stars is what I thought.

Q

Posts: 26322 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:

Man, hopefully the guns that actually made it out to the market don't have that slanted "WE THE PEOPLE". Roll Eyes

Q

addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Man, hopefully the guns that actually made it out to the market don't have that slanted "WE THE PEOPLE".

I picked up on that almost immediately. Distressed in more ways than mere finish, it seems.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Remember, in 1776 they did it by hand, as they didn't have CNC machines. Big Grin

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
Remember, in 1776 they did it by hand, as they didn't have CNC machines. Big Grin

And, they somehow knew we were going to have 50 states. Eek

Q

Picture of Billy346
posted Hide Post
Oh c'mon guys, ease up on him. It's a BBQ gun, not a "life and liberty" piece. Not everyone wants to start out with a series 70 Colt.

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SecurityGeek
posted Hide Post
You could always wear these jeans when you OC a pistol like this:

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/pr...ht-leg-jeans/4457245

"How old would you be if you didn't know how old you was?"

- Satchel Paige

Posts: 194 | Location: Little Elm, Texas | Registered: April 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post