SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Gun store guys - How is P365 effecting sales of the competition?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gun store guys - How is P365 effecting sales of the competition? Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bionic218:
A Shield or PPS or LC9S or PF9 or whatever may be in the same class, but at half-ish the price, how is that really competition? A 365 at $549 or a LC9S at $239 or a Shield at $299 really aren't the same thing to me.

I'm very tempted by the M&P 9 Shield. I've had a couple of Springfield's XD units, and I don't like the grips -- they're like a cheese grater in the hand after a few dozen shots. The Shield, however, seems very well liked and the grip looks a lot more comfortable. Its list is something like $450, but a trip to Davidson's on the web shows me I could get it in hand for about $355 out the door. That's about a $175 savings over the P365 from my LGS. That's nothing to sneeze at, though perhaps that savings would be consumed adding night sights to the Shield. (Or just get the Performance Center version?)

As I look at the Shield, though, I have to wonder about that pivot-in-the-middle trigger. Is that awkward at all? Does the shooter even notice it? Is it necessary / can it be replaced with a "normal" trigger? There probably are more questions I haven't thought to ask yet. For instance: what's the difference between M&P Shield (180021) and M&P Shield M2.0 (11810), besides $212 MSRP?

It's not like the money is burning a hole in my pocket, or I don't have a pistol at all. But I'm tempted to say, "If P365 doesn't show up soon, I'll buy a Shield."

(Or a Ruger PC Carbine, but that's a whole other topic.) Wink

God bless America.

Posts: 13497 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Decided to give this a bump.

The new wrinkle is the Glock 43x / 48. They've been out a few months now. How have they changes the sales equation, especially vs the P365? They don't exactly compete with the P365, in that they're bigger. But I have to bet they're drinking out of the same pool of gun buyers' cash.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are these recent posts relative the P365 being
difficult to purchase?
I do buy LE and I could order one in the morning.
And these over suggested retail prices for real?
It'd be nice if all posts would be dated automatically.
One thing about these P365 pistols....they really grow on you once you have one. I never thought my Shield would wind up a desk gun!
With a DeSantis E-Gat holster I'm carrying while wearing a T-shirt....yea! It's already warm here in the Tucson area.
Stay safe
Poli Viejo

Posts: 395 | Location: Green Valley, Arizona | Registered: May 01, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 43x/48 seems to be more of a fad/fan type purchase for most areas, except mag limit areas. Not much either does that takes away from a better sized concealment pistol, and the capacity is sorely lacking to compete with a slightly wider proven compact ie 19. The standard 43 did compete in the concealment market, though. If someone comes out with a 15 round metal mag that is reliable for the 43x/48, then they might really take off. For 10 round mag limit areas, the 43x/48 makes sense. Could be Glock sees some writing on the wall...

Posts: 166 | Registered: September 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
My take on the 43x/48 is that Glock felt the need to respond to the P365, but couldn't come up with a way of doing it directly (meaning coming out with a 43 sized 10 round gun.) So they did what they could do, and reworked the basic 43 design to address the requests they've been getting (ie putting out a single stack 19.)

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Horn:
It'd be nice if all posts would be dated automatically.

They are.

Posts: 516 | Registered: October 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
365 sales have slowed. They're generally available everywhere now. The 48 sales have slowed and distributors have plenty. 43X is the current hot item. Supply is still a little behind demand.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post