SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Gun store guys - How is P365 effecting sales of the competition?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gun store guys - How is P365 effecting sales of the competition? Login/Join 
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
You still shopping at Fields and Streams?!

Posts: 1343 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Okay. Part of the reason I'm asking this questions is to determine if the P365 will force the other big players in the SS subcompact market to redesign their offerings to be single stack sized double stacks (a la the P365)?

Many people automatically assume that smaller dimensions are better in a carry gun. But something that is not on any specification sheet is how well a gun shoots.

My son picked up a P365 a few weeks ago and has already sold it. My son and I both find the Shield to be very shooter friendly. The P365 seemed a little too small, particularly in the amount of contact area with the backstrap. Although a gun's "fit" is highly individual, the P365 will not appeal to everyone.

Posts: 625 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: March 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a P365, like the way it feels in my hand, have about 300 rounds through it, no malfunctions, with no sign of barrel peening or any of the other problems, found in the earlier versions.
It also shot amazing benchrest 2-3 inch, 25 yard groups. I got lucky with my PPS M2, a couple of years ago, as it's also been trouble free and shoots tight groups.

Posts: 22 | Registered: April 15, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Bingo! I like capacity but not with the reduced ability to draw and present under duress rapidly. I carry IWB and have found that smaller grip (365) ergonomics don’t exactly equate to quick presentation times, for me. Btw, I was able to put some rounds down range through a 365 w/ X-ray sights yesterday. It’s a nice gun and can do everything my G43 does.
quote:
Originally posted by gc70:
quote:
Okay. Part of the reason I'm asking this questions is to determine if the P365 will force the other big players in the SS subcompact market to redesign their offerings to be single stack sized double stacks (a la the P365)?

Many people automatically assume that smaller dimensions are better in a carry gun. But something that is not on any specification sheet is how well a gun shoots.

My son picked up a P365 a few weeks ago and has already sold it. My son and I both find the Shield to be very shooter friendly. The P365 seemed a little too small, particularly in the amount of contact area with the backstrap. Although a gun's "fit" is highly individual, the P365 will not appeal to everyone.

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
I'm perfectly happy with the 229C in 9mm. Not much bigger, and a 15 round mag that's not real fat. everybody gets too banged out of shape over these small guns. Hard to shoot well, and they all seem sort of rushed to market. When I want a small single stack, I carry A 225.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Definitely not effecting anything. Possible affecting sales. Cool

As soon as I can find one at reasonable cost, my Karh PM9 and G26 are on the block.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LtJL:
I'm perfectly happy with the 229C in 9mm. Not much bigger, and a 15 round mag that's not real fat. everybody gets too banged out of shape over these small guns. Hard to shoot well, and they all seem sort of rushed to market. When I want a small single stack, I carry A 225.

Not much bigger??? That’s funny. That’s like comparing a Mini Cooper to mini van. At 10 yards it’s plenty easy for me to shoot well. Just sayin’...

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
The usage is correct.

effect
NOUN
1A change which is a result or consequence of an action or other cause.

quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:

As soon as I can find one at reasonable cost, my Karh PM9 and G26 are on the block.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
quote:
The usage is correct.

effect
NOUN

quote:

I wouldn't have started this, but for the sake of education, the original usage is NOT correct. The OP used the word "effecting" as a verb, not a noun.

Posts: 3424 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a P365 for a total of 3 weeks and 4 range trips. IMO if Sig could have made the grip just a tad more traditional, they would have had a winner. I replaced the 365 with a Shield M.2.0 and am very happy I did.

Bill

Posts: 137 | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by andronicus:
I handled one at the local Field and Stream store. They had it priced with a holster for $670 I think. I didn't think it worth replacing my Shield for a 2 round gain. I mean it felt ok for what it was. Not for$700 after tax though.

Field and Stream is owned by Dick's.

Posts: 92 | Location: Down South | Registered: October 25, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Field and Stream is owned by Dick's.

HA! I see what you did there!

Posts: 4648 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ezra
posted Hide Post
The P365 does not even make it to the display case at the shop. We have a waiting list of paid buyers. If we had more, we would sell every one of them.

Ez

“To the last, I grapple with thee; From Hell's heart, I stab at thee; For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee”

- Herman Melville -

Posts: 5655 | Location: Eastern Washington State | Registered: September 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I passed one up a couple weeks ago for $500. I like the concept, but I'll give it a couple years to see how they hold up.

Posts: 934 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by honestlou:
quote:
The usage is correct.

effect
NOUN

quote:

I wouldn't have started this, but for the sake of education, the original usage is NOT correct. The OP used the word "effecting" as a verb, not a noun.

You are right that the original usage is not right. But "effect" can certainly be used as a verb. To wit:

Noun: That had a bad effect on the economy.
Verb: I am hoping to effect change in the quality of grammar on Sigforum. Smile
Verb: The P365 does not affect me because I'm delighted with my PPS Classic and my PPS M2 9mm subcompact singlestacks.

Cheers!

Posts: 165 | Registered: October 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
IMO if Sig could have made the grip just a tad more traditional, they would have had a winner.

Big Grin

I'm sure they're super bummed. They wouldn't be sitting on all those unsold units . . . if only they had listened to you.

Posts: 10729 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Okay, so every P365 that enters a gun store is immediately spoken for. Are the Shields, G43s, LC9ses, etc., just sitting forlornly on the shelves, or are they still selling at the rates they used to?

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gwmac:
I had a P365 for a total of 3 weeks and 4 range trips. IMO if Sig could have made the grip just a tad more traditional, they would have had a winner. I replaced the 365 with a Shield M.2.0 and am very happy I did.

I own a couple of P365's. What's "not traditional" about the grip?

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IMO, the grip seems straight up and down and almost round in shape, compared to say a Shield.

Bill

Posts: 137 | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Okay, so every P365 that enters a gun store is immediately spoken for. Are the Shields, G43s, LC9ses, etc., just sitting forlornly on the shelves, or are they still selling at the rates they used to?

That's a good question. I'm going to try to get to the range this week; I'm going to ask. Busy gun store with a big collection of all the major stuff.

Posts: 165 | Registered: October 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post