SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Gun store guys - How is P365 effecting sales of the competition?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gun store guys - How is P365 effecting sales of the competition? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gwmac:
IMO, the grip seems straight up and down and almost round in shape, compared to say a Shield.

Sig designed the magazine; they spent a long time designing the magazine, then built the pistol around it. The size of the grip, and the shape, exists because of the minimal magazine. There is absolutely no more to the pistol than necessary; it's amazingly small and thin for the capacity. I've been carrying one for the past few weeks in a pocket holster. It's really well suited for the role.

I find nothing unusual about the grip.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just back ordered one to maybe replace my PPS M2 as my off-duty.

Posts: 710 | Registered: November 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwd1985:

My P365 replaced my PPS M2. I really liked the PPS M2 (which in turn had replaced an LC9s PRO), but I would accidently activate the mag release with my grip sometimes. Obviously that would be a humongous mistake in a gunfight...so I was really looking forward to the P365's release. I love mine, I went from carrying 14 (6+8) rounds of 9mm to 22 (10+12), all in the same sized package.

I qualify in July and am going to move away from my 1911. I hope the 365 comes in time so I can run it and qualify. Having extra rounds is a huge plus!

Posts: 710 | Registered: November 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Still haven’t seen one in person. They go as soon as they come in around here. I would reallly like to handle one just to see what it’s all about. I carry a G 26, or a G43 with 7+1 so I’m not clamoring for one.

They never make it to the display case around here.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hi-power man:
Based on my experience, I don't believe the P365 will have any effect on the competition's sales,or maybe it will help them. My experience:

I've been on the lookout for a 320X carry for weeks. All the shops have the same story, we get one and it sells right away. But, we have several Glock 19X in stock if you want to look at one. And the Glock wins unless you might be holding out for the rear sight plate.

The P365 story is the same, the one or two that show up sell, and the shelf is empty. But the shop has G43's and they are selling. One shop told me they have sold G43's to almost everyone looking for a P365.

Unless you have a safe full of Sig's and want the latest you may decide to buy what's available. I know Sig wants to sell pistols but they seem to be dragging their feet with these two.

I was thinking about getting a 365 but knowing how things go I got a shield instead, I'm very happy with my purchase and don't see myself getting a 365 in the future.

Posts: 929 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Soggy,

Any update on this, or have the P365s not landed in enough numbers to make a dent yet? And if not, do you see people holding off on single stock subcompact 9s in anticipation of the P365s showing up?

quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
We haven't had enough 365s to feel things out for sure, but once SIG rolls them out in massive numbers I tend to think that their subcompact competition will be in huge trouble. The few SIGs we got in yesterday vanished in hours; they all went to buyers looking specifically for the gun. To a person none were interested at all in comparing the 365 to any other gun, as I said these individuals were already fixated on the SIG. When the initial rush subsides some and dealers can actually keep them in stock more than a few days, then we'll see just how things will go when the casual, undecided shopper has a chance at them.

It's only my opinion, but I will add that before the next batch of 365s arrive, our shop would be best served to sell as many Shields, LC9-Ss, XDSs, 938s, etc. that we already have in inventory as we can. We're already OUT of G43s and have been since February (except for one G43 with a CT laser), as distributors have had extremely low to no inventory on the littlest 9mm Glock since Christmas.

We're still selling G19s like crazy, particularly the Gen5s. Maybe when the 365 arrives in large numbers even those sales might change.

EDIT: I forgot to add that we were selling ours for $549. Still below MSRP but frankly I thought that was actually too high considering what we paid for them and the usual margins we see in the gun business. But I don't have final say on things like this. And high demand does weird things. Just a tidbit to pass along...

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Still haven't seen enough product from SIG. Since I last posted only a couple have come through; both sold before they ever hit the floor. But the requests for the gun are endless. If SIG ever gets to making them in massive quantities like S&W does with the Shield and Glock with the G43, then we can finally see some traction. And domination, I still firmly believe.

And yes, more of our customers are holding out for the 365. Both Shield and G43 sales have slowed noticeably. G19 sales however have not. There seems to be the perception that they are two entirely different guns, not directly competing with one another. The G26 is the direct, more natural counter to the 365 in the minds of buyers shoppers. (When there aren't any of the guns to sell--c'mon SIG, get on the ball--we can't very well call those customers 'buyers', now can we?)

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
We have has 30 come through the shop. I agree with soggy_spinout, Sig should up their game and get more product out.

We could sell every one we can get. Supposedly we are getting 8 more in Friday. But that will only cover the end of the prepaid list of customers.

The 365 is killing G43 sales in our shop. The shield never sold well in our store. We marked down the last 3 we have and wont be ordering any more shields. Despite the hype surrounding the shield, every customer who trys it, walks out with a PPS instead.

The current best selling small 9mm, in our shop? The Ruger ES9. Great trigger. Has a manual safety which a lot of new shooters want. $308 OTD. We sell every one we can get.

soggy_spinout is right forecasting domination by the 365 - IF - we can get enough of them to actually sell! Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. That was the information I was looking for.

Picture of GJM365
posted Hide Post
As of 2 weeks ago, Sig had 232,000 backorders....unquestionably having effect, a huge effect, on competition.

Posts: 20 | Registered: January 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Refloating this to ask a related question to the same audience. Have the latest set of problems with the P365 that have been bouncing around the internet (striker breakage, trigger spring problems), cut into sales of the gun?

Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Refloating this to ask a related question to the same audience. Have the latest set of problems with the P365 that have been bouncing around the internet (striker breakage, trigger spring problems), cut into sales of the gun?

Nope, not one bit.

Almost as fast as 365s get on the shelves, they're being bought at the shop I work at. Pretty much all of the 365 customers I've talked to have heard of the issues with it. From all the 365s we've sold so far, there have been no complaints about them from the owners.

Our store is sitting very well on stocking all three types of magazines for them, too. Especially the twelve round mags.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
Used to work at an FFL.

The P365 may be trendy right now. There is a long waiting list at my FFL and plenty for other Tupperware available. So, right now, I'd say, yes, it is having an impact perhaps.

Depends though it people of buying because they are new or buying a P365 when they would have otherwise bought some other polymer gun.

I don't know that sales alone are going to answer that question.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doesn't seem that many are making it into local gun shops. I've been chatting with fellows who work at other LGSs and the flow of 365s have been a trickle at best. As a result we've sold out of G43s because people are tiring of waiting for the 365; now I have to figure out how many of the Glocks I want to bring back in; I'm still convinced that if the floodgates of the SIG ever breaks loose, no one will want much of anything else and it pains me to not want us to be caught out with a large back stock of G43s to unload if that happens. Yet all the other companies have to be thanking their lucky stars that SIG has been unable to flood the market with them...like S&W did last year with the cut-price Shield (which BTW whose current sales level have dropped off most significantly for us since the 365's introduction and hasn't climbed back up like the G43's has).

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Doesn't seem that many are making it into local gun shops. I've been chatting with fellows who work at other LGSs and the flow of 365s have been a trickle at best. As a result we've sold out of G43s because people are tiring of waiting for the 365; now I have to figure out how many of the Glocks I want to bring back in; I'm still convinced that if the floodgates of the SIG ever breaks loose, no one will want much of anything else and it pains me to not want us to be caught out with a large back stock of G43s to unload if that happens. Yet all the other companies have to be thanking their lucky stars that SIG has been unable to flood the market with them...like S&W did last year with the cut-price Shield (which BTW whose current sales level have dropped off most significantly for us since the 365's introduction and hasn't climbed back up like the G43's has).

Good point.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have sold out . We had 125 P365 and when we had them no other same size gun sold( G42/43 or Shield).We did keep one to use as a renta,and to let people hold it and people are deciding to wait instead of buying a G43 or Shield. We have no time table as to when we will get any in stock.

Posts: 633 | Location: PHILADELPHIA,PA,USA | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I figure maybe production has stopped until they can figure out the problems.

quote:

Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Giving this a bump for any updates. Have the perceived reliability / quality issues impacted sales at all. Are you still selling every one that hits the store, and could sell more? Or are sales cooling off?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Giving this a bump for any updates. Have the perceived reliability / quality issues impacted sales at all. Are you still selling every one that hits the store, and could sell more? Or are sales cooling off?

In the last couple of days we had a handful (six) come in and go out even faster; all left without any need of a waiting list which btw we don't use. This region is still very much staving for the gun, and the reported problems aren't affecting demand much if any at all.

I did note that one of LGSs was running a big discount on the PPS M2 recently; sounds like they were going for $290/$300 or some such for the non-LE (2 mags only) version. Was told by a customer that they sold out quickly. It's probably the only way the competition will compete with the P365 is to discount, and heavily.

Even though I currently don't carry it, I would've like another PPS M2 for that possible eventuality, if I'd only known in time.

Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:

Still no impact in sales from the initial issues the 365 had and since the collective memory is quite short, those couple issues seem to be fading while 365 sales are still full steam.

Our store hasn't received any 365s for a couple weeks now. I can't help but remember when the SIG factory rep posted here and made mention of the 'tens of thousands produced'. I don't know where the hell they're all going, but they sure ain't showing up around this area.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post