SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Gun store guys - How is P365 effecting sales of the competition?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gun store guys - How is P365 effecting sales of the competition? Login/Join 
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update guys.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
We got four more in yesterday - out of supposedly sixteen that were "...shipping June 17th!....". Our Sig rep is a lying POS though. Cant believe anything he says.

These four P365s came in the new smaller gray box too. With the arrival of these four our waiting list shrinks down to 8 more needed.

The Ruger EC9 is still selling as fast as we can get them. The G43? Not so much. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Bumping this back up for any updates.

I have a small data point to put out. I was in a Cabela's in PA this week. They didn't have any.

addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
We've had to resort to haggling with distribution channels to get any in, and even then it only amounted to a paltry handful (6 or 7). They did all sell relatively fast but it also did seem as if the mad rush isn't quite as fervent as it was only a month or so ago. Either that our prospective buyers are just tired of hearing "we're out of stock". Or maybe it really IS true that the flow of chatter on the internet IS a powerful thing. I suspect that it was really due to the former.

We're in the usual summer doldrums right now. Sales are generally flat for us with handguns this time of year; most of our customers are looking at new shotguns and a different caliber bolt gun. But there are gun models that are still doing well (in no particular order):

G19, all generations still in production
G26
G43 with factory-installed night sights
G20, again it's the hunters, hikers and fishermen
VP9SK
VP9
M&P 9 Compact 4", though surprisingly we've only sold ONE 3.6". A lot of 'this is the one' chatter, but they never come back to close out the deal.
1911s in general
PPS M2
EC9
380 EZ
SR22
Buck Mark

And the ones that have gone deathly cold for us:

Shield 2.0 in 9mm and 40
G43, seems to be in spurts, and almost always with the factory 3-dot NS. Everything else is flatlining.
Ruger LC9S, any flavor
Security 9
Any Beretta model whose name doesn't start with a '92' or 'M9'
M&P 2.0 fullsize
Any Glock chambered in 357SIG or 40S&W, except the G23. Well at least we aren't sitting on any of the 45 GAP guns.
Walther PPQ and P99
CZ except for the Scorpion EVO
Springfield, except for their 1911s
Caniks
classic P-SIGs
SIG 320 series, except for the X-Frames
938 and Micro 9, kinda tied at the hip
Ruger Mk IV 22/45 Lites
SW22 Victory

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Interesting feedback, Thank you
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
We've had to resort to haggling with distribution channels to get any in, and even then it only amounted to a paltry handful (6 or 7). They did all sell relatively fast but it also did seem as if the mad rush isn't quite as fervent as it was only a month or so ago. Either that our prospective buyers are just tired of hearing "we're out of stock". Or maybe it really IS true that the flow of chatter on the internet IS a powerful thing. I suspect that it was really due to the former.

We're in the usual summer doldrums right now. Sales are generally flat for us with handguns this time of year; most of our customers are looking at new shotguns and a different caliber bolt gun. But there are gun models that are still doing well (in no particular order):

G26
VP9SK
VP9
M&P 9 Compact 4", though surprisingly we've only sold ONE 3.6". A lot of 'this is the one' chatter, but they never come back to close out the deal.
1911s in general
PPS M2
EC9
380 EZ
SR22
Buck Mark

Shield 2.0 in 9mm and 40
G43, seems to be in spurts, and almost always with the factory 3-dot NS. Everything else is flatlining.
Ruger LC9S, any flavor
Security 9
M&P 2.0 fullsize
Any Glock chambered in 357SIG or 40S&W, except the G23. Well at least we aren't sitting on any of the 45 GAP guns.
Walther PPQ and P99
Caniks
classic P-SIGs
Ruger Mk IV 22/45 Lites
SW22 Victory

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Soggy,

Lots of good info in there. Thanks. That's what this thread is supposed to be about.

quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:

G26
VP9SK
VP9
1911s in general
PPS M2
EC9
380 EZ
SR22
Buck Mark

Shield 2.0 in 9mm and 40
Ruger LC9S, any flavor
Security 9
M&P 2.0 fullsize
Walther PPQ and P99
Caniks
classic P-SIGs
Ruger Mk IV 22/45 Lites
SW22 Victory

Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Figured I'd give this another bump to see if there's been any change.

There's now been a lot of water under the bridge as far as issue with the P365, and a few fixes seem to have been worked in.

How has all this played out across the gun counter?

Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
I was just thinking of this thread for those who still haven't found one after receiving my daily PSA e-mail trying to entice me to spend all of my money. This time it's their Halloween Deal, the P365 for $499.99 with free shipping.

https://palmettostatearmory.co...tm_content=12%3a00PM

P.S. Not associated with PSA other than being an occasional customer.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2094 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I need another 12 months or so before I'll consider it.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One local store received a shipment of 20 P365s yesterday. Wonder how long the'll last....

Jerry

Posts: 158 | Location: Oregon | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Not much has really changed for us on the 365 front; still hard to find on the distribution end and SIG has been nonexistent when it comes to deliveries.

In terms of its 'direct competition', the Shield 2.0 has perked up since summer and is again selling well. The G43 family has been doing better as well, though it seems like it's the third choice for many shoppers these days. We shall see how the new subcomps from Walther (PPQ SC) and CZ (P-10SC) will affect things, but I suspect that those will only impact the sales of 'traditional' SC double-stack guns, like the G26, 320SC and VP9SK, and not the 365.

I'm not going to go into as much detail about the rest like I did in summer, but I will say that I wish I had the foresight to have ordered in more USP45 Elites when HK-USA had them available. And ordered more of the Langdon 92 Elite LTTs. As for some of the rest:

Sales up:
ANYTHING 10mm
Shield 2.0 9mm
VP9, both full and SK
G43 (all versions)
M&P 2.0 9 Compact (thanks to S&W sales pricing incentives)
Taurus G2 versions
MkIV, particularly the 22/45 Lites
SR1911, especially the 6700 full size
CZ P-07
Kimber K6S, all versions (shockingly we're sold out now)
P229
PPS M2

Sales steady:
G19 (most versions)
LCP/LCPII

Sales downers:
G19x
G45 (yeah, hard to believe but most shoppers are looking for CCWs)
G19 Gen5 MOS
SIG 320
P226
P220
Legion DA/SA
M&P 2.0 full-size
P-10C
Magnum revolvers

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Interesting that 10mm is selling. I like to see that!

Also interesting to see the P-07 selling. Wonder what that's all about? I like the P-07, just surprised others do too I guess.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Thanks Soggy. This is proving useful beyond seeing how the P365 is doing.

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:

No change for me... I'm still waiting for my LGS to get mine. Razz

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Have you tried another vendor?

quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:

No change for me... I'm still waiting for my LGS to get mine. Razz

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:

Oh, I know there are other vendors out there.
I guess I'm just kinda loyal to my LGS. He takes good care of my needs/wants, and is great to deal with. And I'm in no particular hurry. Wink

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting to see the PPS M2 seems to be doing well across the seasons and against newer competition from the Shield 2.0 and P365.

Posts: 1803 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by saigonsmuggler:
Interesting to see the PPS M2 seems to be doing well across the seasons and against newer competition from the Shield 2.0 and P365.

I think it has a lot to do with the sub $300 price tag. The PPS M2 can be had for as little as $270 online. It’s interesting because the original PPS was considered a premium carry gun when it first came out. I paid around $600 for one when they were first released. The original PPS did feel like a better quality gun to me and I have owned several of both designs.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:

Oh, I know there are other vendors out there.
I guess I'm just kinda loyal to my LGS. He takes good care of my needs/wants, and is great to deal with. And I'm in no particular hurry. Wink

I can appreciate that. In fact, I think my guy kind of saved the day. I was all about them when they came out. Couldn't wait to get one. He said to wait until they came back down to earth - this summer or so - before he could give me my price on one.

So I did, just kept packing my good old G26. Then the issues started, drag marks on mags, sticky strikers, etc. He's got plenty now, and would sell me one at 'my price' but with what I've seen and read, I'm not so sure I'm still in the market.

As far as sales, what do you consider competition? In my opinion, the G43 is the only thing even close. A Shield or PPS or LC9S or PF9 or whatever may be in the same class, but at half-ish the price, how is that really competition? A 365 at $549 or a LC9S at $239 or a Shield at $299 really aren't the same thing to me. That's like saying a Chevy Malibu and a BMW 3 Series are competition because they're both compact cars.

My guy moves a lot of 365s, probably two or three per week. But he'll tell you he moves ten to fifteen of the bargain 9s, things like the PF-9 and the LC9 (and its variations).

Posts: 10729 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If Sig could ever fill up the supply pipeline there would likely be an effect on the competitor's wares. The other factor that could be affecting sales of the P365 is the continuing to be perceived performance issues that SIG should acknowledge and get them remedied post haste. The various gun sites on the internet is loaded with reports of problems with the P365. Here is an example of a fellow that wants to love the P365, but the performance is sub-par.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYCCQjx0M8M

Posts: 6 | Location: Seattle area | Registered: November 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post