SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Differences between HK USPc and P-2000
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Differences between HK USPc and P-2000 Login/Join 
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted
Besides the location of the decocker, what are the main differences between the HK USPc and P-2000? Is one more highly regarded than the other?

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Rail, decocker/safety system and grip.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can also change the uspc's trigger group to one of nine different variants, back and forth from LEM to da/sa etc. The p2000 is whatever it comes from HK as. The reset is longer on the P-series.

Posts: 872 | Location: TN | Registered: December 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
as above plus USPc has more available modes of operation.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Biggest thing is the ability to change configurations with the USPc and side decocker/safety.

The USPc has a less shitty trigger in DA/SA and I say that with love as I love my V3 P2000s. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
One distinguishing feature to me is the interchangeable back straps on the P2000.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GaryBF:
One distinguishing feature to me is the interchangeable back straps on the P2000.

That was the main reason i swapped my Uspc for the P2000. And the lack of safety - im not a fan.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I had both. I thought the triggers were roughly the same, nothing special about them.

The big advantage of the USPc was that you could carry hammer up with the safety on. If that's your preference, then the USPc is your only choice.

I found the texture of the grip to be more comfortable on the P2K, significantly more comfortable enough for me to get rid of the USPc. Looking back I wish I had not gotten rid of the USPc because mine was a two tone 9mm and they stopped making the two tone.

Posts: 13109 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Like many others in this thread, I have both.

In addition to comments on the USPc trigger, P2000 backstrap, I would like to note:

The USPc texture is a bit more aggressive (just below Glock gen4, IMO)

The P2000 grips are a bit smooth on the sides, while the front and back straps are a bit less grippy. The front and back straps have a texture similar to the side “panels” of the USPc.

The P2000 is a bit slimmer in feel. The controls protrude less (the slide stop/release of the USPc has to stick out a bit more to clear the side mounted safety/decocker lever). The slide tapers towards the top.

While I initially liked the right-side slide stop/release lever, I don’t really care for it anymore. In my opinion, it is too weakly connected to any other part of the pistol. If your P2000 rattles, it is likely this piece. I had one that rattled loudly and another that didn’t rattle at all.

The sights are not compatible with one another.

The decocker on the P2000 decocks the pistol almost all the way. The USPc decocker, like the USP, goes to a roughly “half cocked” position.

Technically speaking, HK supports trigger variant interchangility within the USP lineup. Unofficially, the P2000 V3 can change to the V2 LEM, however it will leave a cutout on the frame where the decocker was. One may run the V3 decocker/sear and keep the decocker with the LEM system (in a loose clone of the original Euro P2000, created for a German agency).

I personally find the grip of the USPc a bit small, which biases me towards the P2000. However, the P series pistols do have a very long reset. Almost DAO long.

Posts: 122 | Location: California | Registered: July 09, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Technically speaking, HK supports trigger variant interchangility within the USP lineup. Unofficially, the P2000 V3 can change to the V2 LEM, however it will leave a cutout on the frame where the decocker was. One may run the V3 decocker/sear and keep the decocker with the LEM system (in a loose clone of the original Euro P2000, created for a German agency)

That's a good analysis. I was going to convert my P2000 V3 to light LEM and had decided to leave the decocker in place. I had all of the parts spec'd out ready to order but lost interest when I picked up my G43. I like the ergos on the P2000 and my V3 now pulls duty in my office desk drawer, whereas before I carried it some.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Go to HKPRO.COM.

There is extensive information there.

Posts: 702 | Location: Gatesville, TX | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
I found the ergos of the P2k to be better than that of the USPc. The slide was also slimmer or at least carried much slimmer than the USPc.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9687 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post