SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CZ 75 night sight question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ 75 night sight question Login/Join 
posted
I have an older CZ 75 that has the Tru Dot night sights on it and they are completely dead.
I've always liked the Tru Dots that come on the CZ's. Here's my question:
Can I just send the slide to CZ for Tru Dots or is there someone else who does this?
Thanks in advance.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Might contact these folks. They've done some work for me.

czcustom.com

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I'm sure Cajun Gun Works would have no problem installing some new night sights on your slide. A slide can just be sent through the mail.

Posts: 27957 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
How old? True pre b's don't have modern cz dove tails, so the fix is to have it milled for a 1911 style front sight. If it has dove tailed sights, you can change the front with a pin punch.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tha1000:
How old? True pre b's don't have modern cz dove tails, so the fix is to have it milled for a 1911 style front sight. If it has dove tailed sights, you can change the front with a pin punch.

1994 model. She's dinged up a bit but I really like it. No firing pin safety and DA pull is very smooth.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
I'm sure Cajun Gun Works would have no problem installing some new night sights on your slide. A slide can just be sent through the mail.

This is exactly what I did for mine. They will install them as long as the front sight is a removable, pinned type. I think he charged $35 with return shipping (slide only). It was worth it to me.

Edit: He installed the HiViz sights I sent with the pistol.

============================================
Photographs: https://photobucket.com/u/photoman12001
-----------------------------------
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/photoman12001/
-----------------------------------
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/photoman12001/videos

Posts: 1741 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: December 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by photoman12001:
quote:

This is exactly what I did for mine. They will install them as long as the front sight is a removable, pinned type. I think he charged $35 with return shipping (slide only). It was worth it to me.

Pin looks exactly like yours Photoman. Guess I'll be giving CGW a call.
Beautiful pistol BTW. Mines been around the block a few times.

Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joatmonv:
quote:
Originally posted by tha1000:

1994 model. She's dinged up a bit but I really like it. No firing pin safety and DA pull is very smooth.

Mine is a 94, *should* be a transitional period. If you can see a roll pin below the Front sight, you are good. The front is easy to replace. The rear is more problematic. If you aren't comfortable with a punch and a hammer, sending to Cgw USA good option. Good luck

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Is it possible that Meprolight (maker of "Tru-Dot") could "re-lamp" the existing sights for less cost than whole new ones? Can they be left on the slide?

Posts: 27957 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is it possible that Meprolight (maker of "Tru-Dot") could "re-lamp" the existing sights for less cost than whole new ones? Can they be left on the slide?

Did some Google fu and Tru Dots cannot be relamped due to their adhesion process.
They do have a 12 year warranty but I'm not sure if applies to original owner or if it can be transferred.
I'm probably just going to contact CGW and have them put a set on. Have talked to David before and they're great people.

Picture of huskerlrrp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joatmonv:
quote:

Did some Google fu and Tru Dots cannot be relamped due to their adhesion process.
They do have a 12 year warranty but I'm not sure if applies to original owner or if it can be transferred.
I'm probably just going to contact CGW and have them put a set on. Have talked to David before and they're great people.

I just bought an SP01 for a 357 SIG project, and removed the Tru-Glo tritium sights off the slide (already had a 40 S&W slide). They are no more than a couple of months old if you are interested. I removed them with an MGM tool so they are "clean".

Posts: 1789 | Location: North Cackalacky | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post