SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Question/comment about P365 mags and other Sig mags
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question/comment about P365 mags and other Sig mags Login/Join 
Smarter than the
average bear
posted
So with the newly designed P365 mags, Sig seems to have put double stack capacity in a thinner package. Do we expect to see follow through to other Sig pistols? I think it would be nice to have other double stack pistols with a thinner overall profile.

Although I did buy a Glock, I only bought the one, but my understanding is that their mags cross platforms. As in you can carry a 17 round mag (or a 33) as a spare for your subcompact if you'd like.

With the P365, I'm thinking it would be nice to be able to carry a full size mag as a spare. But this would require Sig using the same mag profile in the full size guns. Does anyone see this happening? A redesigned P226? If not, I'd like to see Mec-Gar provide some full capacity mags.

And last question- is there something fundamental about the Glock design that allows using larger mags in shorter guns, ie. with no issues of over-insertion? I have some 30 round Beretta mags for the 92 series, but they have a plastic sleeve around the bottom so that they cannot be over-inserted. At least I think that's the purpose.

Posts: 3424 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
You can put 226 mags in a 228
The 224 accepts 229 mags.
365 has 12 round mags.....need Sig to make 15 rounder.

Posts: 2295 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post