SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Bond Arms guns
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bond Arms guns Login/Join 
posted
anyone here own/carry one?

There was an infomercial on tv about them ,
sort of like the Henry rifle commercials.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54489 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I don't really get what market they're aiming for...

With the miniscule subcompact single stack .380 and 9mm pocket pistols available these days, I don't see the point in a derringer, other than purely shits-n-giggles. Folks would be better served with more than just two shots in their defensive firearm.

Posts: 32414 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine is more or less a prop for Cowboy action shooting. Mine is in .45 Colt which is what I shot in my pistols and my rifle.
It is as big as a J frame Smith .38 and feels heavier. Has 3 fewer shots and about a 1/10th as accurate. Damn clunky to cock and shoot one handed.
Semi useful with snake shot in it to slip in my pocket whilst turkey hunting, but that is about it.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would be interested in one of their Bullpups (formerly known as Bobergs), but it's a hefty chunk of change. As an added disincentive to buy it, their rollmark is particularly hideous.

Posts: 516 | Registered: October 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dusty3030:
It is as big as a J frame Smith .38 and feels heavier. Has 3 fewer shots and about a 1/10th as accurate. Damn clunky to cock and shoot one handed.

Not a Bond, but after my dad passed I discovered he'd acquired an American Derringer M-1 in .32 H&R Mag. Based on my experience with it the above description of a derringer is very generous. Other than the novelty aspect of using it as my BUG BBQ gun, I think it's the most useless firearm I own.

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2539 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
They also have an Auto now. They bought the rights to the Boberg pistol and now sell it as the Bond Arms Bullpup.

https://bondarms.com/bond-arms...s/bond-arms-bullpup/

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
I have a co worker who ordered the Bullpup model, release of them have been delayed until April plus there was a good bump in price. They are honoring his cost thou because he ordered it late last year. Interesting function.

Posts: 2301 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
can this be right?
I looked in to getting a .22 mag in 3 inch stainless barrel .

"they don't sell them , you have to purchase the larger caliber and then buy the .22 mag barrel separately"

I will never ever shoot this thing with a larger caliber

Posts: 54489 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I have a pair of consecutive serial Davis .22 mag derringers I inherited from the old man. I have no idea what he was thinking. They both sit in their boxes, in the safe. One of them, I carried for a little while as a pocket gun, but it seemed so stupid and pointless that I stopped.

Posts: 17046 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I have a .357, but have never fired it.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
can this be right?
I looked in to getting a .22 mag in 3 inch stainless barrel .

"they don't sell them , you have to purchase the larger caliber and then buy the .22 mag barrel separately"

I will never ever shoot this thing with a larger caliber

Looks to be correct. On their website, they only list complete models in .45 Colt, .45 ACP, .357, and 9mm.

If you want another caliber, you have to buy a separate accessory barrel and convert it. They offer accessory barrels in the above calibers, as well as .22LR, .22 Mag, .327, .380, .40, .44-40, .44 Special, 10mm, and .45 GAP.

If you're wanting a small .22 Magnum, you're better off with the Ruger LCR. Less expensive, lighter, better ergonomics, and greater capacity, all in a package that's roughly the same size as a 3" barreled two-shot derringer.

https://ruger.com/products/lcr/specSheets/5414.html

Posts: 32414 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
p220smudge
WARNING: Davis Industries double barrel derringers Model DM-22, in 22 Magnum caliber with a cross bolt safety have been known to wear the shoulder of the hammer allowing the hammer to seat close to or on the firing pins when the safety is in the “on” position. The firing pins are free floating and do not have springs in them to prevent forward movement. This situation creates the potential for accidental discharge.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Bendable, thanks for the info. I guess it's not really that surprising. Now to figure out what to do with them...

Posts: 17046 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of qcsmitty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
They also have an Auto now. They bought the rights to the Boberg pistol and now sell it as the Bond Arms Bullpup.

https://bondarms.com/bond-arms...s/bond-arms-bullpup/

Sorry for the slight thread drift here but in the Bullpup (Boberg) video, Bond lost me at “approved ammo list”. Sorry.

Posts: 3778 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I usually drop my Bond .45/.410 in my pocket in March for emerging snakes. It does the trick

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4357 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
When I first got interested in a Bond Arms derringer several years ago, I spoke with someone at Bond Arms and was told that they would do an exchange on similar price barrel sets as long as the barrel traded was new and unfired. I traded in the useless-for-me .410 barrel and got a 45 Colt only barrel. You might call and see if you can do a similar trade for your 22 Magnum barrel set, or whatever.

My beef with the gun is that the barrels are not regulated to group at any distance, so you get two distinct points of impact.

Shown is my Snake Slayer IV with 45 Colt and 38/357 barrel sets.

Bond Arms Snake Slayer by GaryBF, on Flickr

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While I want to get one some day "just for the hell of it", they are more or less a novelty item. One guy pointed out carrying a Bond Arms with snake shot while turkey hunting. That makes sense to me too especially if it's a big bore. After I satisfy other handguns desires, mine BA Derringer will be a 45acp or 45 Colt and loaded strictly with snake shot.

Posts: 2007 | Registered: March 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post