SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Disappointed With Sig No GGI Triggers on Legions
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Disappointed With Sig No GGI Triggers on Legions Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
I just visited a local shop where I've made quite a few purchases. I'll probably be putting a 226 legion on layaway shortly. I looked over everything in the cases, and everything there had a solid trigger. The one I'll layaway is used, and has the solid trigger. Others pointed out that going to a metal injected hollow trigger is a new development, but all the Legion pistols in the cases at this dealership had solid triggers.

The used legion had slight holster finish wear, but was mechanically perfect. The trigger was excellent, xray sights looked great. Only cosmetic wear at the muzzle area, and not much of that. Less than nine hundred bucks, seemed a no-brainer. It even comes with both .40 and .357 barrels.

If someone is making an order through the internet for a pistol, and there's no way to examine it prior to arrival, then it's possible that one might not get the solid trigger. With a counter case full of Legions, if one is particular about the trigger, it's easy enough to choose the pistol one wants. I wouldn't pay twelve hundred dollars without closely examining it first.

My 229 Legion has the solid trigger, and the quality is noticeably better than my stock 229's. I didn't think one in particular was bad at all until I got the Legion and could compare them. Now the previous 229 will probably head to Bruce Grey because having seen the difference in quality between the triggers, especially on the double action pull, I wouldn't want less. I might just order a kit instead of send off the pistol, too.
I noticed this morning when comparing a couple of older SigPro 2340's, the trigger on those is much better than my 229's. It might be that the SigPro's have just seen a lot more shooting and are better broken in, but both of those pistols are quite smooth consistent. The stock 229's didn't feel rough at all until I compared them to the SigPro's and the Legion. The 226 Legion in the shop today felt every bit as good as the 229.

I read in the Robert Burke FAQ that the Legion trigger can be improved further, but I can't imagine how.

I compared the other pulls to my P220, which I thought was good, and it's quite rough in comparison. I was satisfied with it until I got the Legion...now I want to do something with the P220, as well.

As for false claims...Sig still hasn't taken down the assurance that the P320 is "drop safe" without a trigger safety. Glock claims perfection, which has never been the case, but I choose to carry it. I can think of a number of firearms and manufacturers that have made claims that weren't quite correct, or even blatantly incorrect.

It may be that the Legions in the case locally were older than the ones shipping with the metal injection molded triggers. It may be that the pistols are going out with both. It may also be that the pistols have the same quality trigger, same part as designed by Bruce Grey, same functionality.

There is strong misperception, a myth, that metal injection is inferior, and it's not. If that's the only concern, then it's unfounded. The term "mim" is thrown around on firearms boards as a negative. It is not.

Has anyone asked Bruce Grey about this?

It sure is interesting that you are making sure to buy Legions with the solid GGI trigger while at the same time saying the MIM one is no big deal. Congrats, your dealers has older Legions for you to pick from. Moving forward, new buyers are gonna get hosed if they think they are getting a $50 P-SAIT as part of what justifies the increased price of the Legion.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:
It sure is interesting that you are making sure to buy Legions with the solid GGI trigger while at the same time saying the MIM one is no big deal.

I said nothing about making sure I'm buying legions with a solid trigger. Nothing of the kind. Nothing remotely close. I'm looking at a used legion, and yes, it has a solid trigger. Wouldn't have mattered if it didn't; I care about the trigger pull only. I couldn't care less who blessed it.

What I did say was that ever legion in the shop, including every brand new one in the counter, has a solid trigger, and that I know this because I took the time to look. Reading comprehension is key.

quote:
Congrats, your dealers has older Legions for you to pick from. Moving forward, new buyers are gonna get hosed if they think they are getting a $50 P-SAIT as part of what justifies the increased price of the Legion.

Used legions are plentiful. I wouldn't pay the new asking price for a legion, regardless of what diety blessed the trigger. Solid, hollow, I don't care.

If it has a good trigger, then that's what matters. Whether it's "mim" or not is irrelevant to me.

If you choose to pay full price, then it's all on you as the consumer; buyer beware, and if you don't like the product, don't buy it. This is a universal concept.

I had a chance last year to attend a class in which a number of shooters had legions and the consensus was universal; they all liked them. Still didn't interest me at that price point, but I'm seeing a lot of nearly new legions at a considerable discount, and with those available, I have no need to buy new.

Bruce Grey made some comments about the trigger in the Legions, not long ago. I don't have the interest or the time to hunt it in, and perhaps he will weigh in, but he did have something to say about it.

It's his design.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
It sure is interesting that you are making sure to buy Legions with the solid GGI trigger while at the same time saying the MIM one is no big deal.

I said nothing about making sure I'm buying legions with a solid trigger. Nothing of the kind. Nothing remotely close. I'm looking at a used legion, and yes, it has a solid trigger. Wouldn't have mattered if it didn't; I care about the trigger pull only. I couldn't care less who blessed it.

What I did say was that ever legion in the shop, including every brand new one in the counter, has a solid trigger, and that I know this because I took the time to look. Reading comprehension is key.

quote:
Congrats, your dealers has older Legions for you to pick from. Moving forward, new buyers are gonna get hosed if they think they are getting a $50 P-SAIT as part of what justifies the increased price of the Legion.

Used legions are plentiful. I wouldn't pay the new asking price for a legion, regardless of what diety blessed the trigger. Solid, hollow, I don't care.

If it has a good trigger, then that's what matters. Whether it's "mim" or not is irrelevant to me.

If you choose to pay full price, then it's all on you as the consumer; buyer beware, and if you don't like the product, don't buy it. This is a universal concept.

Fair enough. Though another thought is, do the MIM triggers have as a good a pull as the original P-SAIT Legions? Don't think we know yet...

That said "buyer beware" is good and all, but doesn't address the (now) false advertising on the part of Sig, they still say it has a GGI P-SAIT, that is no longer true. That is not cool whether a particular individual consumer is fine with it or not. It is also different than a generic slogan like "Glock Perfection" or "To Hell and Back Reliability."

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can't say. I'm thinking about trying one of Greygun's trigger kits, though for my stock 229, and may be for a 220, as well.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Last problem I had Sigs advertising or website was when they advertised the SP2022 as shipping with 3 mags. Which was a selling point for me. I bought one and it arrived with 2 mags. I called and bitched. Sig sent another mag 4 days later.
Sig website now shows 2 mags only so that was corrected.
If I spent the extra $$$ for the Legion expecting the true GG trigger and got the gun with something else, I would be on the phone ASAP and insist they live up to the advertising.
Worked for me!

One shouldn't have to do that when you pay $1K plus for a pistol.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Can't say. I'm thinking about trying one of Greygun's trigger kits, though for my stock 229, and may be for a 220, as well.

I don't have the kit, but I sent my W. German P226 to GGI for the carry/duty action job and short reset trigger mod many years ago and it is outstanding. I just put a P-SAIT in it this month. If there is any creep or grit or stacking in the DA pull...I can't detect it. The P-SAIT is also a noticeable improvement over stock (saying something considering the action job it already had). The reach is perfect, smooth trigger face feels good in DA and subjectively, it feels lighter, probably owing to the better leverage from the slightly shorter reach. Over ravel is also precisely set now...but honestly, I didn't notice any over travel issues before.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I don't have the kit, but I sent my W. German P226 to GGI for the carry/duty action job and short reset trigger mod many years ago and it is outstanding. I just put a P-SAIT in it this month. If there is any creep or grit or stacking in the DA pull...I can't detect it. The P-SAIT is also a noticeable improvement over stock (saying something considering the action job it already had). The reach is perfect, smooth trigger face feels good in DA and subjectively, it feels lighter, probably owing to the better leverage from the slightly shorter reach. Over ravel is also precisely set now...but honestly, I didn't notice any over travel issues before.

Good to know. I'm hoping to see Bruce in Mesa at the December training, so perhaps will set something up then.