SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Disappointed With Sig No GGI Triggers on Legions
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Disappointed With Sig No GGI Triggers on Legions Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Be gentle. He's havin' his monthly.

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Grayguns Inc. P-SAIT Trigger

The Grayguns trigger strikes the perfect balance between a short-reach trigger and the standard length trigger. This intermediate trigger is adjustable for over travel."

Not only does SIG claim this trigger is on all Legions, they actually highlight it and provide a picture of it.

While I do appreciate the sarcasm and I do think the drama on this forum has approached 16 year girl levels, claiming one thing while doing another is poor form.

They should at least remove the huge banner on their Legion website that proclaims the P-SAIT trigger when in fact not only is it not but the new one isn't adjustable in the slightest. (My Legion has the P-SAIT trigger and I never attempted to adjust it so it was lost on me anyway).

Fix the website, problem (?) solved. Until the next one, lol.

Posts: 7473 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EmpireState:
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
quote:
Originally posted by dcowboyscr:
This has absolutely nothing to do with how the trigger pull feels. It has to do with a genuine GGI P-SAIT machined trigger(the part itself) being in the gun AS ADVERTISED instead of a hollow back MIM trigger inspired by the genuine GGI trigger but not actually being one. Just another way for SIG to save money.

It has everything to do with the way the trigger feels to me.

It seems the sky is falling again.

It's one drama after another for some on here. My 320 explodes like a nuclear bomb if I hit it with a sledge hammer at a 31.06823 degree inverse angle on a day with an R in it. The finish on my pistol wears after three hundred thousand holster presentations. The double click haunts my dreams and changed my children's sex from boys to girls while still in the womb. Why hasn't sig solved global warming? And now Bruce Grey hasn't crawled on his hands and knees to the factory to laser etch his name on internal parts. How could the sky continue to fall when so much of it has already come down?

What really pisses me off is that when I fire a Sig, the bullet doesn't always land dead center in the bullseye. Come to think of it, the damn thing won't clean itself, either. And what's this business about having to send firearms back to Sig for upgrade? Why can't they come to my house? Good Lord, it just gets worse and worse.

A ridiculous and stupid post in response to someone looking for information about who is making a trigger.

Not at all. The whining and bitching about double clicks, slinging mallets at pistol slides, finishes, and triggers is childish and asinine, however, and it seems to be one drama after another. If one were to give much credence to all the sky-is-falling drama here, one might be forgiven for believing that Sig embodies the antichrist.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
I think your missing the point. It is about SIG advertising and selling guns based off having the GGI trigger and in return getting some other trigger in your gun.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
quote:

Not at all. The whining and bitching about double clicks, slinging mallets at pistol slides, finishes, and triggers is childish and asinine, however, and it seems to be one drama after another. If one were to give much credence to all the sky-is-falling drama here, one might be forgiven for believing that Sig embodies the antichrist.

What are you even talking about? Having legitimate questions and concerns about an expensive product is not whining or bitching or childish. What is though, is people like you who will come into a thread to hurl insults at people with those concerns. I bought a 320 because of the recommendations here about how it was awesome and had an amazing trigger. Got it home....click crunch click crunch click crunch. It had the double click which was annoying to say the least. I posted here and was told "its normal". Well, no...it isnt. Sig fixed that too on the voluntary upgrade. Sold the gun for a loss. But now a certain group here think they are cool guys and poke fun at anyone who questioned/didn't like that double click. Just how you are doing with that and now criticizing someone looking for information on whether or not the product is actually coming with the parts that it is advertised to have.

Posts: 3569 | Registered: February 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
The whining and bitching about double clicks, slinging mallets at pistol slides, finishes, and triggers is childish and asinine, however, and it seems to be one drama after another. If one were to give much credence to all the sky-is-falling drama here, one might be forgiven for believing that Sig embodies the antichrist.
I'm going to operate under the assumption that you're not an idiot, which means that you understand the hints I've dropped on you in this thread.

Before this week, had someone asked me about your behavior here, I would have told them that it was unremarkable and that you had never- as far as I can recall- popped up on my radar, but now, you have my undivided attention.

You do understand that this is a discussion forum, yes? And you do understand that a substantial portion of the conversations which take place here have to do with the concerns of those members who have encountered issues with their SIG firearms, yes?

SIGforum did not bring the drop fire issue to light. Are we not supposed to discuss it? You belittle the concerns- genuine concerns IMO- of P320 owners who are startled to find out that their pistols are not drop safe? You don't want members to talk about the double-click issue? You can't understand why this would bother some P320 shooters?

All we're doing- in these things that you suddenly have a huge problem with- is perfectly normal stuff. Take any brand enthusiast board- doesn't have to be firearms- and you will find discussions such as you see here.

Ain't no drama queens here, partner. Oh, they show up, but I tend to that stuff.

The only drama queen I see here right now is you, and I suggest that you find a solution for your attitude problem PDQ.

Regarding this particular thread, I read the comments of the OP before he edited his initial post. He clearly explained the issue. I saw nothing wrong with his post.

Let members discuss whatever they wish. If you have a concern about the subject matter or tone of a thread, use the report-this-post icon that appears in the lower right hand corner of each post and I will give it my prompt attention, as do I always.

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by akaSigFreak:
quote:
Originally posted by pblanc:
The March 2017 gun trigger definitely looks like a Grayguns P-SAIT trigger. The October 2017 trigger with the hollowed out backside is not, unless Grayguns has changed the design.

I purchased a P-SAIT trigger from Grayguns within the past 6 weeks or so, and it is solid on the back, so I doubt the design has changed.

Gray Guns has not redesigned their P-SAIT. My original post explains the "hollow" trigger. It was designed by GGI but is a Sig MIM produced part.

You mean an IndoMIM produced part. Sig farms out there MIM parts to India.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree, Sig continuing to advertise the Legion as having the magnificent GGI machined tool steel P-SAIT, and now shipping it with an MIM clone...is no beuno.

Sig subbing the MIM clone trigger and changing their ad copy to match is fine IMO.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P6shooter
posted Hide Post
That's pretty sad that SIG replaced the genuine GG trigger with a MIM trigger. One of the things that made me seriously consider a Legion was the fact that it had the GG trigger.

Posts: 820 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: May 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have you called Sig Customer Service and informed them that the newly purchased pistol does not match the website description? If you have and I missed it, I apologize.

I think I will wait to purchase a Legion until this is resolved.

Posts: 2033 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Some might recall how long the Sig Arms website touted their metal framed pistols, lambasting polymer framed pistols, while boasting about their breakthrough SigPro just one click away. I doubt their web staff know about the change.

Posts: 9963 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:
I agree, Sig continuing to advertise the Legion as having the magnificent GGI machined tool steel P-SAIT, and now shipping it with an MIM clone...is no beuno.

Sig subbing the MIM clone trigger and changing their ad copy to match is fine IMO.

If they’d just charge a lower price when they cheapen their guns it’d be one thing. But they put inferior shit in it and charge the same got damn price. That’s what irritates folks.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12633 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just visited a local shop where I've made quite a few purchases. I'll probably be putting a 226 legion on layaway shortly. I looked over everything in the cases, and everything there had a solid trigger. The one I'll layaway is used, and has the solid trigger. Others pointed out that going to a metal injected hollow trigger is a new development, but all the Legion pistols in the cases at this dealership had solid triggers.

The used legion had slight holster finish wear, but was mechanically perfect. The trigger was excellent, xray sights looked great. Only cosmetic wear at the muzzle area, and not much of that. Less than nine hundred bucks, seemed a no-brainer. It even comes with both .40 and .357 barrels.

If someone is making an order through the internet for a pistol, and there's no way to examine it prior to arrival, then it's possible that one might not get the solid trigger. With a counter case full of Legions, if one is particular about the trigger, it's easy enough to choose the pistol one wants. I wouldn't pay twelve hundred dollars without closely examining it first.

My 229 Legion has the solid trigger, and the quality is noticeably better than my stock 229's. I didn't think one in particular was bad at all until I got the Legion and could compare them. Now the previous 229 will probably head to Bruce Grey because having seen the difference in quality between the triggers, especially on the double action pull, I wouldn't want less. I might just order a kit instead of send off the pistol, too.
I noticed this morning when comparing a couple of older SigPro 2340's, the trigger on those is much better than my 229's. It might be that the SigPro's have just seen a lot more shooting and are better broken in, but both of those pistols are quite smooth consistent. The stock 229's didn't feel rough at all until I compared them to the SigPro's and the Legion. The 226 Legion in the shop today felt every bit as good as the 229.

I read in the Robert Burke FAQ that the Legion trigger can be improved further, but I can't imagine how.

I compared the other pulls to my P220, which I thought was good, and it's quite rough in comparison. I was satisfied with it until I got the Legion...now I want to do something with the P220, as well.

As for false claims...Sig still hasn't taken down the assurance that the P320 is "drop safe" without a trigger safety. Glock claims perfection, which has never been the case, but I choose to carry it. I can think of a number of firearms and manufacturers that have made claims that weren't quite correct, or even blatantly incorrect.

It may be that the Legions in the case locally were older than the ones shipping with the metal injection molded triggers. It may be that the pistols are going out with both. It may also be that the pistols have the same quality trigger, same part as designed by Bruce Grey, same functionality.

There is strong misperception, a myth, that metal injection is inferior, and it's not. If that's the only concern, then it's unfounded. The term "mim" is thrown around on firearms boards as a negative. It is not.

Has anyone asked Bruce Grey about this?

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
You must have gotten lucky. I have shot some legions with trigger that feel no different then a stock 226. The only real difference I have noticed is with the SAO 226 which I have consistently noticed a better trigger pull then with the 226 SAO elite. Sig is a parts bin company and has been for a very long time. They will slap guns together with whatever parts they have handy. You can order two pistols from Sig with the exact same model numbers and one will have a plastic guide rod, the other a metal. One will have a short reach trigger the other won’t. It doesn’t surprise me one bit that legions are now coming out with whatever parts are laying around. As far as MIM vs non MIM...I prefer the finish quality, feel, and look of the actual PSAIT trigger over any factory MIM trigger from Sig. If I pay for leather seats in my new car and get vinyl I’m going to be pissed. In my opinion allowing Sig to call a shitty hollow trigger a Gray Guns part hurts the Gray Guns name which is synonymous with quality. Quality that can’t be easily duplicated by some company in India churning out parts in mass. I have owned enough Sig pistols to sink and boat and lately, Including the Legions, Sig is doing very little to impress me. It’s quite the opposite actually.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe a simple mistake? Like the short guide rod in 12131's LDC pistol?

I'd sure hope they didn't stop installing Graygun's trigger in the Legion, but who knows.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
avoiding birthday parties
Picture of fjgiie
posted Hide Post
Indo-MIM Inc
907 Billy Mitchell Blvd.
San Antonio, TX 78226-1802

Posts: 1366 | Registered: March 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by burnetma:
I think I will wait to purchase a Legion until this is resolved.

There is nothing to be resolved. The new trigger is MIM, and all Legion's beyond this point will come with a MIM trigger.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I’ve been saying it for almost a decade now, the new Sig is an average product at a premium price. They simply are now worth what they charge for them imo.

They did this with their 1911’s too. Remember when the GSR was first released? It was a really nice gun made up of great parts.

Then one day they cheapened them up and kept charging the same price.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Are they still going to charge a premium?

Posts: 9963 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last problem I had Sigs advertising or website was when they advertised the SP2022 as shipping with 3 mags. Which was a selling point for me. I bought one and it arrived with 2 mags. I called and bitched. Sig sent another mag 4 days later.
Sig website now shows 2 mags only so that was corrected.
If I spent the extra $$$ for the Legion expecting the true GG trigger and got the gun with something else, I would be on the phone ASAP and insist they live up to the advertising.
Worked for me!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16089 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post