SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Disappointed With Sig No GGI Triggers on Legions
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Disappointed With Sig No GGI Triggers on Legions Login/Join 
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted
Someone questioned when Sig changed the Trigger on the Legions. They showed a picture of a recently manufactured Legion P229 with a Hollow Trigger and not the Solid Gray Guns Inc P-SAIT like Sig advertises. I contacted Gray Guns and asked about the trigger. The first response stated "We aren't making any like that". Then, I forwarded a picture of the hollow trigger on a P229 Legion. They then responded: "That is a Grayguns Designed SIG Factory MIM Trigger. Its based off of our trigger Design, however we still make a tool steel trigger if you would like one." I have a problem with SIG advertising this as a Gray Guns Inc P-SAIT trigger when it's not. If they have changed the specs- they need to update the info and adjust the price accordingly.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: akaSigFreak,

Posts: 1227 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: February 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glock Stock & Barrel
Picture of gtmtnbiker98
posted Hide Post
That was me on FB with the question. Rather ticked about the unadvertised change. Couldn’t care less about the trigger, that same trigger failed in my P226 Legion.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4436 | Location: Southcentral Ohio | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
They probably have a disclaimer somewhere, in fine prints, "Materials and specs are subject to changes without notice." LOL.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
From the early days of the Legion it's long been my understanding that the Legion never used an actual GG trigger bow. I'm pretty sure that Mr. Gray himself stated that here on the forum, that he only did consulting work on the Legion trigger and that SIG was and is responsible for its manufacture. I also recall SIG stating that as well, that Grayguns was involved with the design of the trigger.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
From the early days of the Legion it's long been my understanding that the Legion never used an actual GG trigger bow. I'm pretty sure that Mr. Gray himself stated that here on the forum, that he only did consulting work on the Legion trigger and that SIG was and is responsible for its manufacture. I also recall SIG stating that as well, that Grayguns was involved with the design of the trigger.

If you go to the Sig Legion sight each gun description states It comes with a “Gray Guns Inc P-SAIT trigger”. If it not a genuine GG trigger I would consider their description false advertising. Also by the description it reads like the Legion pistols have their standsrd AEP package. I have felt the pull of a few legions and it is pretty close to some of my pistols that have the AEP service.

Posts: 535 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Legions have not undergone an AEP package or any other type of hand tuning.

SIG claims that the Legion internals have undergone some type of "automated polishing" but I have not heard anyone say exactly what this entails.

Posts: 372 | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
Well this is super disappointing. I was thinking about getting a P229 Legion in the next couple months. Why does SIG continually shoot themselves in the foot.

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

Posts: 3088 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This pisses me off. If true, that they advertise a GG PSAIT trigger, and it’s not then they are doing false advertising. If true they should say, something like, triggers designed by Gray Guns and under Sig manufacture.

Posts: 367 | Location: Williamsburg, VA,  | Registered: June 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We checked a couple...

This one is dated March 2017:

October 2017:

Osage County Guns
Wright City, MO

Posts: 767 | Registered: October 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glock Stock & Barrel
Picture of gtmtnbiker98
posted Hide Post
My Sept/17 P229 has the new MIM adjustable trigger.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4436 | Location: Southcentral Ohio | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The March 2017 gun trigger definitely looks like a Grayguns P-SAIT trigger. The October 2017 trigger with the hollowed out backside is not, unless Grayguns has changed the design.

I purchased a P-SAIT trigger from Grayguns within the past 6 weeks or so, and it is solid on the back, so I doubt the design has changed.

Posts: 372 | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dcowboyscr:
Well this is super disappointing. I was thinking about getting a P229 Legion in the next couple months. Why does SIG continually shoot themselves in the foot.

While it may be disappointing to some, is it really surprising?

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The trigger on the P229 .357 Legion I just got is very good. I dont really care who did the work. It as good enough in the store to purchase. It's better than my stock 229's. Good enough for me.

If you handle one and don't like it, you are still given the privilege of not buying it, you know.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of akaSigFreak
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pblanc:
The March 2017 gun trigger definitely looks like a Grayguns P-SAIT trigger. The October 2017 trigger with the hollowed out backside is not, unless Grayguns has changed the design.

I purchased a P-SAIT trigger from Grayguns within the past 6 weeks or so, and it is solid on the back, so I doubt the design has changed.

Gray Guns has not redesigned their P-SAIT. My original post explains the "hollow" trigger. It was designed by GGI but is a Sig MIM produced part.

Posts: 1227 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: February 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gordynismo:
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:

If you go to the Sig Legion sight each gun description states It comes with a “Gray Guns Inc P-SAIT trigger”. If it not a genuine GG trigger I would consider their description false advertising. Also by the description it reads like the Legion pistols have their standsrd AEP package. I have felt the pull of a few legions and it is pretty close to some of my pistols that have the AEP service.

SIG really need to revise the description on their website. Sure, it was accurate in the beginning, but it is no longer. It is clearly not a GGI P-SAIT, now.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
The trigger on the P229 .357 Legion I just got is very good. I dont really care who did the work. It as good enough in the store to purchase. It's better than my stock 229's. Good enough for me.

If you handle one and don't like it, you are still given the privilege of not buying it, you know.
This has absolutely nothing to do with how the trigger pull feels. It has to do with a genuine GGI P-SAIT machined trigger(the part itself) being in the gun AS ADVERTISED instead of a hollow back MIM trigger inspired by the genuine GGI trigger but not actually being one. Just another way for SIG to save money.

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

Posts: 3088 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I see a lot of SIG DA/SA guns in a years time. Sadly, there is a wide variance in actions on factory guns in the Legion series. They range from really good to WTF? I think I'm just going to stick with non tail 226s, and replace the MIM parts as I desire to.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
This has absolutely nothing to do with how the trigger pull feels. It has to do with a genuine GGI P-SAIT machined trigger(the part itself) being in the gun AS ADVERTISED instead of a hollow back MIM trigger inspired by the genuine GGI trigger but not actually being one. Just another way for SIG to save money.

It has everything to do with the way the trigger feels to me.

It seems the sky is falling again.

It's one drama after another for some on here. My 320 explodes like a nuclear bomb if I hit it with a sledge hammer at a 31.06823 degree inverse angle on a day with an R in it. The finish on my pistol wears after three hundred thousand holster presentations. The double click haunts my dreams and changed my children's sex from boys to girls while still in the womb. Why hasn't sig solved global warming? And now Bruce Grey hasn't crawled on his hands and knees to the factory to laser etch his name on internal parts. How could the sky continue to fall when so much of it has already come down?

What really pisses me off is that when I fire a Sig, the bullet doesn't always land dead center in the bullseye. Come to think of it, the damn thing won't clean itself, either. And what's this business about having to send firearms back to Sig for upgrade? Why can't they come to my house? Good Lord, it just gets worse and worse.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Have you tried Midol?

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
quote:

It has everything to do with the way the trigger feels to me.

It seems the sky is falling again.

It's one drama after another for some on here. My 320 explodes like a nuclear bomb if I hit it with a sledge hammer at a 31.06823 degree inverse angle on a day with an R in it. The finish on my pistol wears after three hundred thousand holster presentations. The double click haunts my dreams and changed my children's sex from boys to girls while still in the womb. Why hasn't sig solved global warming? And now Bruce Grey hasn't crawled on his hands and knees to the factory to laser etch his name on internal parts. How could the sky continue to fall when so much of it has already come down?

What really pisses me off is that when I fire a Sig, the bullet doesn't always land dead center in the bullseye. Come to think of it, the damn thing won't clean itself, either. And what's this business about having to send firearms back to Sig for upgrade? Why can't they come to my house? Good Lord, it just gets worse and worse.

A ridiculous and stupid post in response to someone looking for information about who is making a trigger.

Posts: 3569 | Registered: February 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post