SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P365XL 10 rounds? or 12?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P365XL 10 rounds? or 12? Login/Join 
posted
with the soon to be released P365XL with a 12 round magazine.
My concern is with the at least 9 US States with a 10 round max. is Sig also offering a 10 round mag for this gun? Or is the only option is to have the Mags pinned (or blocked) as per what ever the state law is?
I have pre-ordered this gun, but still hoping it can be shipped to New Jersey with 10 round mags not the current 12, I will even pay for the 10 rounders, then in a year or 2 when and if the law changes again(1994) I will be able maybe one day to use the current 12. But as for now NJ has a 10 mag maximum capacity.

Posts: 13 | Registered: June 04, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
More than likely 10 rounders will be available. Sig does it for their other guns so there would be no reason they wouldn't do it for this gun.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4521 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of deadmanmike
posted Hide Post
I already have a working prototype base plate for the 10RD mags. Just waiting on the gun to be released or to get a hold of a grip module. Rumor has it that SIG is already working on an option for those in restricted states.

=============
Certified Sig P-Series Armorer
Certified AR-15/M16/M4 Armorer
Certified 1911 Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer
Certified Sig P320 Armorer
Certified Glock Advanced Armorer
Certified MPX Armorer
Certified MCX Armorer

Posts: 1587 | Registered: June 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought the XL was supposed to use the new 15 round magazine that's been just released for the 365. The magazine comes with two bases; one for the 365, and one for the 365XL.

The 365 is already built around a 10 round magazine, and will accept larger.

It seems somewhat counterintuitive to make the pistol an XL and then use a smaller capacity...why not stay with the 365 as-is?

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Because of the optic, xl comes with the slide already cut for a optic.

Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
I thought the XL was supposed to use the new 15 round magazine that's been just released for the 365. The magazine comes with two bases; one for the 365, and one for the 365XL.

The 365 is already built around a 10 round magazine, and will accept larger.

It seems somewhat counterintuitive to make the pistol an XL and then use a smaller capacity...why not stay with the 365 as-is?

The flush fit mag for the XL is 12 rounds, which is the slightly extended mag for the 365.

quote:
Originally posted by rbdjr:
Because of the optic, xl comes with the slide already cut for a optic.

If you get the gun and can't get mags you will likely be able to chop the grip down to the standard 365 length and use the standard 10rd mags. Or swap the grip module to the standard one.

Posts: 6030 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I live in NJ 10 round max

Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
According to Osage County Guns, the 10rd P365XL is in the Sig 2020 catalog. They wrote:

it is also worth noting that the P365XL is getting 10rd variants:

365XL-9-BXR3-10 - P365, 9MM, 3.7IN, X-SERIES, BLK, STRIKER, X-RAY 3 W/NS PLATE, POLYMER GRIP, (2) 10RD STEEL MAG, OPTIC READY

365XL-9-BXR3-MS-10 - P365, 9MM, 3.7IN, X-SERIES, BLK, STRIKER, X-RAY 3 W/NS PLATE, POLYMER GRIP, (2) 10RD STEEL MAG, OPTIC READY, MS

365XL-9-BXR3-RXZ-10 - P365, 9MM, 3.7IN, X-SERIES, BLK, STRIKER, X-RAY 3 W/NS PLATE, MOD POLY GRIP, (2) 10RD STEEL MAG, ROMEO ZERO

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4521 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info! i have been waiting.I will see if available anyplace

posted Hide Post
When we order from the distributor there is an option for either 10 or 12 round mags. My state has no limit.

Posts: 17140 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post