SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Anyone recognize this 1911 maker?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone recognize this 1911 maker? Login/Join 
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted
It's a serious KABOOM supposedly a Nighthawk. Do not know if the story is legit. Doesn't look like Nighthawk to me unless they just did some custom work. Also supposedly 10mm.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yeah, that's where I saw it, but the mark on the grips and the rear of the slide don't look like Nighthawk to me. So, I'm wondering if anyone recognizes the emblem on the grips and slide and knows who the maker/builder is.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
Did you read the article?

quote:
Nighthawk has never seen anything like this before and are building the owner a new gun as I post this.

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
That's a Heinie Edition Long Slide 10mm by Nighthawk Custom:

http://www.nighthawkcustom.com...ls/heinie-long-slide

The grips and slide have the Heinie logo:

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post

Heinie Specialty Products Incorporated.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
The first comment on that linked article (over a year old, btw) is from Nighthawk themselves confirming it was their pistol and they were investigating and building a new one for the owner. Later down, it is stated that the root cause was a squib from factory Armscor 10mm ammo.

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PGT:

quote:
Nighthawk has never seen anything like this before and are building the owner a new gun as I post this.

Read the article, not the comments. Couldn't get to them originally. So, yes. I take what I read with skepticism until corroborated.

Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBird679:
The first comment on that linked article (over a year old, btw) is from Nighthawk themselves confirming it was their pistol and they were investigating and building a new one for the owner. Later down, it is stated that the root cause was a squib from factory Armscor 10mm ammo.

Thanks. I was able to get to the comments from my desktop.

Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
I usually take most articles with a heavy dose of salt without confirmation. I like to corroborate what I read.

Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I knew immediately it was a Nighthawk Heinie edition. They are generally tame design wise compared to other Nighthawks.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:

Heinie Specialty Products Incorporated.

No, no, no...

Wink

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I posted this kersplosion last year. Not very pretty ah ? Looks like castings.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGWolf:
quote:

quote:

Read the article, not the comments. Couldn't get to them originally. So, yes. I take what I read with skepticism until corroborated.

that quote IS from the article, very last paragraph.

Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:
Nighthawk has never seen anythingg like this before and are building the owner a new gun as I post this.

Yep, as I said, read the article, including the quotes you mentioned, was skeptical. I don't take what I read at face value without coroboration. Didn't recognize the gun as a Nighthawk or the Heine logo so posted here.

So, yes I read the article. What I DIDN'T read were the comments attributed to Nighthawk Custom, which another poster posted to this thread mentioned. That is what I was referring to.

Don't know why you have a bur under your saddle about this.

Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
Thank you everyone else for your informative and constructive comments!
quote:

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:
Nighthawk has never seen anythingg like this before and are building the owner a new gun as I post this.

Yep, as I said, read the article, including the quotes you mentioned, was skeptical. I don't take what I read at face value without coroboration. Didn't recognize the gun as a Nighthawk or the Heine logo so posted here.

So, yes I read the article. What I DIDN'T read were the comments attributed to Nighthawk Custom, which another poster posted to this thread mentioned. That is what I was referring to.

Don't know why you have a bur under your saddle about this.

because I never mentioned comments. the answer was in the article itself

Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by SIGWolf:
Thank you everyone else for your informative and constructive comments![QUOTE]

Roll Eyes

Posts: 7398 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
How come the barrel is not blown apart as the slide and frame? Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like the barrel hood is cracked. That would indicate that the majority of the KB took place there I would think.(That bullet must have been lodged just into the rifling).Maybe the barrel tilted after the bushing got blown off and cracked the rest of the gun. I bet that bushing is good and cracked wherever it is.

I would think the locking lug would be sheared or severley damaged as well.

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post