SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig 320 c and snap caps
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 320 c and snap caps Login/Join 
posted
I have tried using snap caps for dry firing with my Sig 320 and they seem to bind the pistol making it very hard to retract the slide. Anyone else experience this? Any solutions?

Posts: 139 | Registered: August 31, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Which snap caps are you using?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
I have not had this problem with A-zooms and P-series pistols, but you could check a few things.

- Is your chamber clean?
- Are your snap caps too long for your chamber (both the molded "shoulder" and the nose)?
- Do your snap caps have rough or chewed up edges or sides that could be rubbing on the chamber?

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had the same issue with mine with the A-zooms. After repeated use, tje issue becomes apparent. While i never confirmed the measurements on the cap, the "case" headspace appeared to be marginally longer than the chamber itself. The slide cycle would jam the cap in the chamber and eventually the aluminum was worn off sufficiently. Because of this, and a couple other issues, I disposed of the A-zooms.

"I won't engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man."

Posts: 29 | Location: TX | Registered: October 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never had a problem with any isnap caps. I typically use snap caps for the first 500 dry fires after lubing a new pistol.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Which snap caps are you using?

A zooms

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JAFO:
I have not had this problem with A-zooms and P-series pistols, but you could check a few things.

- Is your chamber clean?
- Are your snap caps too long for your chamber (both the molded "shoulder" and the nose)?
- Do your snap caps have rough or chewed up edges or sides that could be rubbing on the chamber?

Yes
No
No

posted Hide Post
I have the same issue with my 320C and Azooms.

Posts: 840 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
I was visiting a friend and he let me try a few snapcaps in .45 ACP. These were a plastic/polymer material.

I noticed that they were binding up when it came time to eject them. In looking at the casing surfaces of the snap cap (and I didn't notice the manufacturer) there was visible flashing along the mold seam. He hadn't used them yet and I expect the diameter/concentricity was off. The decision was to take a ceramic file and smooth up the surface.

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post