SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Bought a Glock 44 yesterday
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bought a Glock 44 yesterday Login/Join 
posted
I bought a Glock 44 yesterday. I only put 120 rounds of CCI Blazer through it so far but it worked just like every other Glock I own. I called Glock this morning and they said I could put on any kind of night sights that I wanted. The polymer slide actually feels like a regular steel slide. They also said it takes a gen 4 connector so I will be putting a Ghost Edge in it soon. Overall I am happy with it and think it is a fun gun.

Posts: 74 | Registered: March 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
Cool! I've thought about looking for one of these also. Always interested in range reviews and reports.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcsabolt2
posted Hide Post
That's my next purchase!

----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf

Posts: 3627 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TikritTourist
posted Hide Post
Polymer slide sounds interesting!
Hoping to check one of these out at a local shop.
.22lr is always fun... (for 20 min or so, ha!)

Tomorrow’s battle is won during today’s practice.
- Samurai maxim

Posts: 753 | Location: Northeast US | Registered: August 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope glock is right on sights. and that's a huge plus. I ruined an AA slide by trying to put real glock sights on it and it cracked.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The really great thing is that it fits any Glock 19 holster. And the mags are the same way. So if you carry a G19, no easier way to get in some practice.

I don't even carry a G19 and I'm still considering one!

"Hope" is the thing with feathers -
That perches in the soul -

Posts: 687 | Location: Vinita, OK | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried to go Glock and sold them all off, but this one might be worth a try because almost every other .22 LR version of a full size centerfire pistol is cheap and crappy Umarex or GSG with non-standard parts. This is a real Glock lower with a factory conversion slide. But seriously - 10 round mags? Pretty weak when Kel-Tec is making 30 round mags...

I swore off "replica" .22's after the P22 and Sig Mosquito and stuck with purpose built ones - Sig/Hammerli Trailside (2), Ruger Mark II Competition, and S&W Model 41.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
10 rd mags?

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
I tried to go Glock and sold them all off, but this one might be worth a try because almost every other .22 LR version of a full size centerfire pistol is cheap and crappy Umarex or GSG with non-standard parts. This is a real Glock lower with a factory conversion slide. But seriously - 10 round mags? Pretty weak when Kel-Tec is making 30 round mags...

I swore off "replica" .22's after the P22 and Sig Mosquito and stuck with purpose built ones - Sig/Hammerli Trailside (2), Ruger Mark II Competition, and S&W Model 41.

Glock has stated that reliability was top concern with the design and testing of the Glock 44 and I believe their testing used more than 2 million rounds of ammo. Single stack magazines are the most reliable for the 22 LR and that is why Ruger, Browning, Walther, Smith and Wesson, CZ, SIG, and others use them in their 22 pistols/conversion kits. Glock may very well release a 15 round magazine if they can design one to meet their reliability requirements and if not I am sure some third party manufacturers will and when they malfunction it will not be Glock's problem.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ordered some Ameriglo Spartan night sights and a Ghost Edge 3.5 connector. I'll let everyone know how they work out when they arrive next week.

Posts: 74 | Registered: March 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xaircav
posted Hide Post
I have a 44 inbound and a spare set of Glock front and rear steel sights that I hope fit. I’ll use my MGW sight pusher. I was also wondering if extended controls from a Gen 5 19 will work.

I have flown among the trees and looked into the face of the enemy.

Posts: 785 | Registered: October 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I impulse bought one today as well.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RioGrande481
posted Hide Post
I have a 44 being shipped to my FFL now. Should have it Friday.

I guess it is an impulse purchase, or maybe exuberance because the price of .22LR is back where it once was.

RioGrande481

“I didn’t get where I am today by everything smelling of Bolivian Unicyclist’s jock straps!”
C.J. Supercut 1976

Posts: 524 | Registered: August 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would be interested in seeing reports as to how it handles ammo from different manufacturers. CCI mini mags of course are now way more affordable, but I wonder about the really cheap stuff, such as Federal Automatch and Remmington.

My Ruger SR 22 handles all of it pretty well, as does my Buckmark.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I’ve got one on the way as well. I’ve already got a S&W M&P .22 that has been flawless but I have been wanting this gun for years so I had to buy one.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You dig
Picture of evolution
posted Hide Post
Disappointed to be reading a number of reviews that say it is very ammo picky. CCI Stingers seem to be the only round that cycles reliably.

Hopefully this is inaccurate.

Posts: 2602 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RioGrande481
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by evolution:
Disappointed to be reading a number of reviews that say it is very ammo picky. CCI Stingers seem to be the only round that cycles reliably.

I have a lot of the cheap Remington stuff. It works fine in my other .22s, so I hope these reviews are inaccurate too. It would be sad if Taurus makes a better .22 than Glock.

RioGrande481

“I didn’t get where I am today by everything smelling of Bolivian Unicyclist’s jock straps!”
C.J. Supercut 1976

Posts: 524 | Registered: August 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well, the OP said it worked with Blazer, so ...

Posts: 27956 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RioGrande481:
quote:

I have a lot of the cheap Remington stuff. It works fine in my other .22s, so I hope these reviews are inaccurate too. It would be sad if Taurus makes a better .22 than Glock.

All kidding aside, I played with that Taurus at a gun store and came away more than impressed. Taurus did a good job on that gun. Great size, great grip and ergos, decent trigger and a 16 rd magazine.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine has been totally reliable with Remington Golden Bullet, Winchester Wildcat,CCI minimag, CCI standard and some old Quikshok ammo.
I would be reluctant to change the rear sight as a metal rear sight might not play well with a polymer dovetail cut.

Posts: 668 | Location: NH | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post