SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Which discontinued Sig to buy?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which discontinued Sig to buy? Login/Join 
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfe 21:
220 compact or 239? Which would you buy? Purely a range toy. I don't carry or have any intention to start. No, both is not an option right now.
As a range toy that is never to be carried, I would not buy either of the two.

I would be looking for something with a longer barrel, not a shorter one.

Perhaps a P220MSE

These have the very fine LPA adjustable rear sight and a 5" sight radius for improved sighting accuracy.

If we are limiting the choice to only those two, I would get a P239 in 357SIG

The P239 and 357SIG cartridge are a match made in heaven. These are very accurate compact auto loaders that handle the recoil of the cartridge extremely well.

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 00464b
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GaryBF:
P239 with Hogue rubber wrap-around grip.

What He Said

Posts: 658 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: July 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
239n in 357 Sig. Range toy with carry option in both urban and woods environment. Great gun!

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1553 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I vote for the P220

Posts: 1177 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
I love my P239s. Yes, they’re heavy, and no, they’re not really compact, and the single stack has limited capacity. But they look good, feel even better, and shoot even betterer! I like the.40 round, and there is more and more cheap .40 ammo showing up. 357sig if you want to blind, burn, and deafen them!

Posts: 3435 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
P239

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post