SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P250 drop safe question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P250 drop safe question Login/Join 
Picture of ruger357
posted
Not trying to stir the pot...

I picked up a sig 250 last week. In the manual it flat out says "If dropped, the pistol may fire. Keep the chamber empty unless actually firing, ANY GUN MAY FIRE IF DROPPED"

Has anyone heard of any issues with the 250 when dropped or is this just typical CYA they put in every manual? Is there any drop safety built into the 250?

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7942 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
I don't see how. The hammer is shrouded. There is an intercept notch.

I went back and looked at this P250 animation:

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
They put that warning in all manuals. Legal CYA stuff.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Good info Striker. Thanks. I am not familiar with the 250 like I am with other sigs but it was a great deal so I thought I would try one.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7942 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post