SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Walther CCP New Version?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walther CCP New Version? Login/Join 
posted
Has Walther improved the CCP improved over the origional release. New shooters have asked me about the Walther CCP as a low recoil reliable pistol. I know that reports from owners was that the original version was not low recoil and not that easy to clean.

Is there a new improved version or just the same pistol in different colors?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
According to Walther website, the CCP M2 now has a simpler takedown system that doesn’t require the use of a tool, which was one of the big criticisms of the original release.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frequent Denizen
of the Twilight Zone
Picture of SIGWolf
posted Hide Post
In another thread some recommended the PPS M2 as much better and not that much different in money.

Posts: 17342 | Location: Northern Vermont | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
The M2 version now has toolless take down, which is a huge improvement. Take down on the original CCP wasn't that horrible, but putting the gun back together was a royal PITA. I genuinely don't like guns sourced out of the Umarex facility (recently I had to send yet another non-functioning Umarex-made "Colt" M4 22LR rifle back because of QC issues and a P22 pistol back for reliability problems...a too common theme with their Arnsberg guns), but at least the CCP M2 should be much more livable than its predecessor version.

I personally would favor (i.e., trust) the company's PPS M2 over any version of the CCP, but I will admit that the CCP is an easier gun to operate for physically-challenged shooters. Nowadays the two-mag PPS M2 sells for about $100 less than the new CCP M2. I don't need a second one, but $275 for the PPS is tempting.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
About twelve threads down from your post...
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/6290045644

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There was a CCP in my safe for some time. (My ex's gun). She had got it thinking it'd be low recoil, but she really didn't like it as much. Ended up buying a SAO P226 Legion, and trading the CCP toward her Wilson Beretta 92 Compact Carry, IIRC. That is now her favorite gun.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have both pps m1 and ccp m1. I applaud Walther Ulm/Umarex for their efforts regarding the take down simplification on the ccp, however, just as I have gotten used to the ccp’s take-down and simplified it to my use, you come up with a take down simplification? No thank you. Same thing with the pps m1, after years of usage to where now the trigger is so smooth and the pistol dead-eye accurate, you substantially lower the price and try to induce me to upgrade, no thank you.

Posts: 627 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: October 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The tool less take down of the M2 CCP is still ridiculous compared to 99 percent of pistols. The only current pistol that is worse is the Hi-Point.

Posts: 838 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fundman:
The tool less take down of the M2 CCP is still ridiculous compared to 99 percent of pistols. The only current pistol that is worse is the Hi-Point.

Thanks for the reply Fundman. Could you be more specific on why the CCP is the 2nd worse pistol? Thank you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is a good video showing the CCP M2 takedown and reassembly. It is still very involved compared to a Glock or Sig 320 for example. I said the Hi-Point is the worst takedown because it requires you to punch out a roll pin in the frame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z631ta5etBk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dat3E-SxRZc

Posts: 838 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post