SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    M17 Issues While Suppressed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M17 Issues While Suppressed Login/Join 
posted
Full disclosure, I know very little about boosters/Nielsen devices. I have a new M17 with a Silencerco threaded barrel with a MiniBoss 9mm can (Omega 9k) attached (via a Silencerco 1/2x28 piston). While firing with the can attached, the slide short strokes and doesn’t eject the spent case. With the can off, the slide cycles fully - no issues. My CZ P09 and threaded Glock 19.4 don’t experience any issues with the same setup. Is this likely an issue with the M17’s lockup with a suppressor, or an issue with the piston?

Obligatory photo:

Posts: 469 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
what ammo are you using? same in all the guns?

are the other guns suppressed more broken in than your M17? It may be spring tolerances, specific ammo, but as long as you have the piston, it's obviously just the combo of that suppressor with that gun. so looking at different ammo and/or recoil spring weights, and just breaking in the pistol, you may find your answer.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of incogneato
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hoothrewpoo:
Full disclosure, I know very little about boosters/Nielsen devices. I have a new M17 with a Silencerco threaded barrel with a MiniBoss 9mm can (Omega 9k) attached (via a Silencerco 1/2x28 piston). While firing with the can attached, the slide short strokes and doesn’t eject the spent case. With the can off, the slide cycles fully - no issues. My CZ P09 and threaded Glock 19.4 don’t experience any issues with the same setup. Is this likely an issue with the M17’s lockup with a suppressor, or an issue with the piston?

Although I haven't run a can on my M17 yet, I do know the lockup is much tighter on it than my standard full size P320. If you haven't put a lot of rounds through it, it ma need a bit of break-in to loosen up a bit before running it suppressed.

I do not the stock RSA also seems to be a bit softer on the M17, so it may be undersprung for running a can reliably. As PorterN noted, you might want to try a metal guide rod (Gray Guns FAT, Springer, etc.) and various recoil springs to see if it improves.

I am curious... did the Silencerco barrel require any fitting, it did you only remove the loaded chamber indicator for it to fit the slide?

BTW- Your M17 "X" looks wicked!

Posts: 124 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was using 115gr WWB in all of the pistols - same box shooting 5-round strings. The P09 ang G19 have several hundred rounds through them... these were the first rounds through the M17 (only fired about 25 total). I’ll shoot it a little more without the can to see if things loosen up.

The threaded barrel was drop-in after removing the LCI. No fitting required.

Thanks for the help.

Posts: 469 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hoothrewpoo:
I was using 115gr WWB in all of the pistols - same box shooting 5-round strings. The P09 ang G19 have several hundred rounds through them... these were the first rounds through the M17 (only fired about 25 total). I’ll shoot it a little more without the can to see if things loosen up.

The threaded barrel was drop-in after removing the LCI. No fitting required.

Thanks for the help.

Yep, you need a lot more rounds through it for break in. Plan on 3 to 5 hundred. Mine became so much smoother to cycle after 400rds. You will probably have to play with spring rates as mention above as well.

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is a common issue with brand new P320s it seems. They often require several hundred rounds through them to break them in and loosen them up before they will function reliably suppressed. Happened to me, happened to my brother. No issues after that initial break-in though. Happy shooting!

Posts: 27 | Registered: January 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post