SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    My Favorite SIG Pistol
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Favorite SIG Pistol Login/Join 
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted
This is normally done in the form of a question. This time I’m posting it purely as a comment, and whether folks agree or disagree with me is irrelevant.

After over 20 years of SIG ownership, there is only one model that truly rises to the top for me, and that is the original West German P-225. Here are my reasons; it doesn’t matter whether anyone else agrees or not as this is 100% a personal and subjective thing!

1. It is the first model SIG that I ever owned, and I chose it then because it simply “felt” just right.

2. Over all these years, and the four or more P-225s that I’ve owned, I still like it best, plus I have NEVER had a failure or misfeed of ANY kind from ANY of them!

3. The original P-225 with original grips feels like it was literally MOLDED to my hand; the fit is absolutely PERFECT, unlike all other SIG models... and yes , I’ve tried them all!

4. My current JJ (88) date coded 225 is the last one I’ll ever own, as this one will NOT be sold for any reason!!! It is pure perfection, right down to the mild/moderate holster wear which gives it an “honest” appearance!

5. The ONLY addition to this pistol was night sights, and plenty of extra OEM mags!

So there you have it; my opinion and I don’t care if anyone disagrees! Big Grin

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 4550 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
For me it’s my surplus P210, although I’m really liking the BDA .45 I most recently purchased. The 225 is a nice pistol, and definitely the most practically sized of the classic line. I agree on the fit of the single stack pistols with checkered grips, nothing else fits as well.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
My favorite SIG is the P228. It fits my hands the best of my SIGs. I am never getting rid of this sidearm.

Plus, it was a gift from Q, so it's kinda' special to me. The generosity of that man still confounds me.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Your wrong.

Razz. I’m just screwing with you. Great pistol. Great reasons. Shoot it in good health.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Yep, couldn't agree more. The Real Classic (German made) P225 is the best Sig pistol IMHO. Long live the Banner!

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gotta agree with you, Bronicabill...at least the P225 part. I've had a P225A1 for some time now that's a joy to shoot...that said, if EDC is a concern, my P365 is the hands down favorite...and I'll add that it shoots almost as well as the P225, but conceals much better. Neither has suffered from any reliability issues and that includes LSWC target rounds as well as the usual variety of JHP's and FMJ's. YMMv, Rod

5th Spl Forces, Air Force Bird Dog FAC, lll Corps RVN 69-70.... We enjoy the Bill of Rights by the sacrifices of our veterans;
Politicians, Preachers, Educators, Journalists and Community Organizers are beneficiaries, not defenders of our freedoms.

Posts: 725 | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine was an older 229 that was a triple serial number. No date code though.
9mm and shot wonderfully.
No Sigs as of now as I sold them all.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agree. I have twp classic P225s. An early issue Swiss model with Euro mag release and a late issue German commercial model.
Both are outstanding shooters and fit me like a glove.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
Ahhh yes, the Sig P225. Everything the P228 is...and less! Sorry, I just REALLY love the 228!

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing.

Like many who have been here for a long time, I remember when the P-225 held cult-like status.

The P-225 either fit you or it did not. The good news was, if you bought one and discovered it did not fit you, you could sell it and not take a loss, there was more demand than supply. then the P6's were imported and it turned the P-225 market upside down.

I hope to one day again own a P-225.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
For me, the P228 is The Shit. Perfect.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
The P229-1 was the first Sig I ever shot that actually felt comfortable in my hand. Now I've found a few others as well. Some of them don't.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9849 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In my opinion, 10X is way too much on game at 100-300 yards.

Additionally, I believe SWFA only sells the SS scopes inside the US.

I hunted South Africa in 2012, it was an amazing experience; a "kicks like a mule" rifle is definitely an advantage!

Posts: 109 | Location: Fort Wayne, IN. | Registered: February 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
did you miss the bus? 10x scopes and P225?

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Plasteek:
In my opinion, 10X is way too much on game at 100-300 yards.

Additionally, I believe SWFA only sells the SS scopes inside the US.

I hunted South Africa in 2012, it was an amazing experience; a "kicks like a mule" rifle is definitely an advantage!

MKay, ummm, What? Confused Confused Confused

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
For me, the P228 is The Shit. Perfect.

^^^^^^^^^^^
Agreed!

Posts: 1540 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Finding the
sweet spot
posted Hide Post
I’d have to agree, the 225 is probably my all time favorite, but my 220 only trails by a razor’s edge.
Sean

------------------------------------------
Just because you can, doesn't mean
you should.

Posts: 963 | Location: KCMO | Registered: September 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
It’s a toss up between the 239 and 2022 for me.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
This week my TT228 by a nose over my folded slide 220. Just barely.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The P6 is my favorite Sig. Four thousand pound double action trigger pull included (hyperbole), actually the pop-all-primers stock spring does not bother me at all. The funny hooked hammer remind me of the cool Colt Commander hammers on 1911’s.

Daily driver sort of reliability, alloy frame with no sign of strain or stress. Big, usable sights without paint, spots or gimmicks.

Decock lever assurance to which no striker can aspire.

Be there!
Aloha!

Posts: 65 | Registered: September 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post