SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    My Favorite SIG Pistol
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Favorite SIG Pistol Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I can't choose my favorite. My P220 (KC and KF), P245, P239-9, P938 or 1980 P6.

I love them all.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
For me its my SP 2022 in 9mm.

Posts: 1949 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Austin228
posted Hide Post
I have had 9mm P220 EU, P6, German P225(not A1), W.German 9mm P226, P228,9mm P250SC, 9mm P290RS, 9mm SIG PRO 2022, SIG P238.

I love all the German P-series but honestly my favorite shooter is the SIG PRO 2022.

Posts: 1467 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: March 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
Tough call to pick one. For me 228 in 9mm and 239 in 357 Sig. Both outstanding.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1529 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and every one of them words rang true and glowed like burnin’ coal.
Picture of TannerBoyl
posted Hide Post
For me, it’s the Sig P220ST with the older style proprietary rail. My brother owned it and was getting ready to sell it. I took it to the range and immediately knew that I needed it. Since then, I’ve purchase two of them and one with the standard rail.

I absolutely love the way the P220ST feels in my hand and it shoots like a dream!

Posts: 4591 | Location: Redondo Beach, California | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
My favorite Sig(s) are a tie between my M11-A1 and my 229 TT in .40.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1677 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
for me it was the P226. Then I picked up a P6 (1980) and it has been the P6 ever since..

Posts: 4 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A couple weeks ago I’d have said my 229 or one of my 239s. Then I acquired a 226 Legion SAO (used). So I’ll stick with that.

Posts: 672 | Location: Merced, California | Registered: October 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H&K-Guy:
My favorite SIG is the P228. It fits my hands the best of my SIGs. I am never getting rid of this sidearm.

Plus, it was a gift from Q, so it's kinda' special to me. The generosity of that man still confounds me.

H&K-Guy

I will be labeled a heretic for saying this, but the P-228 is one I never fell in love with, despite my efforts to do so. I’ve owned three of them now, and really, REALLY wanted to fall in love with them like most every other SIG lover, but it just didn’t happen! I much prefer my P-229/357/40 over the 228, and despite the fact they’re practically identical in feel, balance and appearance, the 229 just “works” for me where the 228 didn’t. Totally and completely illogical I know, but it is what it is!

Oh, and regarding Q... yeah, the dude most DEFINITELY rocks! Most generous person I believe I’ve ever known!!!

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 4550 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
I had a P6, so close enough. It sure was an awesome gun, wish I didn't let it go. I too felt like it was just perfect. The only thing I could dislike was the heavy DA, but other than that it was just great. It really did just feel natural in the hand and point easy. I'm trying to pickup another, but we will see. They are typically quite a bit more than the $300 or so I originally spent, but I'd love to get a 225.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2433 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
+1 on the P225-A1. Slight edge over my West German KA dated Nickel P228. To me the Only thing that could be better that a P225 would be an all stainless or Nickel P225.

Posts: 263 | Registered: January 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Working for Water
Picture of Chance228
posted Hide Post
I too have had many Sig models. My favorite is my KF P220 .45. A close second would be the P225 you speak of. Classic, single-stack Sigs are perfect.

Posts: 1050 | Location: Central New Jersey | Registered: February 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My 226 is on my nightstand every night - my 229 spends it life in my console vault - the 365 is my EDC. I do love my 2022 and P6 as well. I guess I like the 226 the best of all.

+

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will get by
Picture of Rustyblade
posted Hide Post
Favorite is my 1st Sig purchased, a P-239 in 40 ( and 9mm and 357 Sig). As a carry gun it is still in rotation. Next would be a Trailside with a L&G 2moa red-dot. In competition it is down 2 points from my M41.

Do not necessarily attribute someone's nasty or inappropriate actions as intended when it may be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

Posts: 1291 | Location: Delray Beach | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine is the SIG M11-A1.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 879 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You’ve gotta hand it to the German pistol designers and manufacturers of the 1960s/1970s. The P5/P6/P7 designs were so good, the Germans themselves could not pick a winner and authorized all 3...

Still, my personal preference is the P228. I can’t fault your choice of the 225, but the 228 is just perfection for me (and apparently a lot of others).

---------
If you appreciate private ownership of firearms, please join the NRA, before it's too late. (Benefactor Member)

Posts: 77 | Registered: April 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Agreed, for the OP's reasons.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
Mine is my P226 West German with the nickel finish. Just seems almost perfect.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I have four Sigs, a German P220 .45ACP, a W. German P226 9mm, P239 9mm, and my P365 which is my current EDC.

My favorite Sig right now is the 365, It gets carried in a Sticky pocket holster with a flat based 10 round mag, I carry it OWB with a 12 round mag. in either method, I carry a 15 round spare mag on my belt. With 1K rounds fired through it I have I have 100% confidence in it.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My favorite Sig is my 226. I sent it to The Sig Armorer for an action job. While it was there I was considering buying a Glock 17 to replace it. I didn't and I'm glad I didn't. The 226 came back as almost a new pistol. Robert did a fantastic job and I absolutely love shooting this pistol. It is hands down my favorite and the one I will NEVER,EVER sell. What a tack driver. Reset is great, low trigger pull weight, smooth,glass like action, I can't say enough. It is so good that it is now both my on duty AND off duty gun. I carry it in a Kramer IWB holster which I bought used from another member here which was another great purchase as I love the holster almost as much as the gun it carries.

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post