SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    My Favorite SIG Pistol
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Favorite SIG Pistol Login/Join 
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
I have been shooting SIGs since I bought my first P220 back in 1977

The P22x family of firearms (metal framed) has proven extremely reliable, accurate and durable in the more than four decades thaT I have been shooting them. Any one of the models could easily fill the bill as a Favorite. It is hard to pick just one

While I have lots of love for the P220 platform, I think that the SIGsauer P22x pistol really shines with the P229 family when chambered in 357SIG

I have a fondness for the steel framed P229s that do not have a equipment rail. That unfortunately narrows it down to only four variations that have been put into production

Among those four, I feel that the P229 Sport is just heads and shoulders above the rest.

I do realize that since this is an offering from the SigSauer MasterShop it is not a production firearm and perhaps should not be included.

On that basis, If I were to look at my favorite Production SIG pistol it would have to go to the P226. This may have been the first WonderNine that I ever fired and I think it is an excellent example of that Era's thoughts on what a Combat Pistol should be.

My first P226 has been with me for many years. I added the Nills grips to it and somewhere along the line I put a SIG OEM threaded barrel in it for the suppressor. I have no clue how many tens of thousands of rounds it has put down range in the decades that I have owned it, but it has been a wonderful companion for me

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H&K-Guy:
quote:
Originally posted by Plasteek:
In my opinion, 10X is way too much on game at 100-300 yards.

Additionally, I believe SWFA only sells the SS scopes inside the US.

I hunted South Africa in 2012, it was an amazing experience; a "kicks like a mule" rifle is definitely an advantage!

MKay, ummm, What? Confused Confused Confused

Shades of IndyFFL ?

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
I have four Sigs, a German P220 .45ACP, a W. German P226 9mm, P239 9mm, and my P365 which is my current EDC.

My favorite Sig right now is the 365, It gets carried in a Sticky pocket holster with a flat based 10 round mag, I carry it OWB with a 12 round mag. in either method, I carry a 15 round spare mag on my belt. With 1K rounds fired through it I have I have 100% confidence in it.

Arm twister Wink

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gambit
posted Hide Post
My P6 remains my most shootable, and favorite, SIG, but I wanted my P226 to be that.
I had work done to that P226 and had the barrel replaced with a BarSto. I added barrels and magazines so that it would shoot 9mm, 357SIG and 40S&W.
I wanted so badly for it to be my favorite, but alas, the P6 remains my favorite although the P226 is wonderful.
I have no doubt that my medium size hands are the reason, but if I had to pick just one, it would be the P226.

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gambit:
My P6 remains my most shootable, and favorite, SIG, but I wanted my P226 to be that.
I had work done to that P226 and had the barrel replaced with a BarSto. I added barrels and magazines so that it would shoot 9mm, 357SIG and 40S&W.
I wanted so badly for it to be my favorite, but alas, the P6 remains my favorite although the P226 is wonderful.
I have no doubt that my medium size hands are the reason, but if I had to pick just one, it would be the P226.

I can't sell my P6, as I could never recover the money I put into it. I bought SIG parts, magazines and a P225 barrel from TGS several years ago. I might have around $700 invested in that terrific handgun.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P226 X5 Competition in 9mm with a set of Nill grips. It's by far the sexiest and most accurate Sig in the collection and it shoots like a dream.

Posts: 417 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: June 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P226. No rail. Simple black checkered grips.

But to further narrow between my 31-yr-old JJ and the newly-bought leftover Classic Carry...

Maybe I’ll eventually try a 229. But on paper and in the store, I just can’t muster the love. It looks like it was involved in a front-end collision. Yet, others praise that model.

Posts: 481 | Registered: June 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post