SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Wilson Beretta with a drop in threaded barrel?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wilson Beretta with a drop in threaded barrel? Login/Join 
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted
Has anyone with a Wilson Beretta 92 put a drop in threaded barrel into the gun?

I would like a fixed barrel host for a 9mm suprressor and I think Dan Wesson Discretion is ugly as can be. I hate lightening cuts and goofy looking 1911 triggers.

That got me thinking about the Wilson/Beretta. Anyone had success with this? Any other suppressor ready 9mm 1911's I'm missing? Thanks.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would a suppressor be very effective on an open slide? Seems to me it would be kind of like a can on a revolver, lots of noise gap.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Would a suppressor be very effective on an open slide? Seems to me it would be kind of like a can on a revolver, lots of noise gap.

The 92 is a great supressor host actually.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
My 92 excels at suppressed shooting. You should have no issues in your Wilson.

The Wilson is the same (functionally) as the others. My old 92F from the early 80s is the one I shoot the most.
I had AGW thread the barrel. I tried the barrel out on my Brigadier and had no issues.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post