SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Do we need to start buying 10 round mags?
Page 1 2 3 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Do we need to start buying 10 round mags? Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
What 30 round magazines?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
First a couple of things. I already have some low capacity mags should I ever buy one of those evil black guns. 2-10 round mags for an AR and 2-5 round mags for an AK. I am fairly old and have no idea if I have any high capacity mags.

I will willingly participate in a "Buyback" program. The issue is that I never bought any guns from the government so I don't have anything for them to "Buyback". However if I did I would expect market value, not the $200 bullshit they always offer.

All that fortunately living in SC and being constantly unsatisfied I have sold most of my guns privately to fellow South Carolinians at the range or at competitions so I don't have much to tax anyway.

__________________Making Good People Helpless . . . Will Not Make Bad People Harmless!___________________

Posts: 1731 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: May 26, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Concur totally with Jones' post. I've lived through this kind of crap since the JFK assassination. Since then, I've always maintained "excess inventory" of guns, ammo and reloading supplies. Just like with the Thanksgiving lockdown stuff, many LEA's will simply refuse to enforce executive orders.

A lot has to do with where you live. If Biden lifted his pinky and illegally/unconstitutionally banned ALL firearms via Executive Order, San Francisco would be right behind him. Everything I read from polling on the topic is there is really NO support among the general public for "gun control". Especially after Portland, Minneapolis, etc. "Defund the police" also went up like a lead balloon.

Planning is one thing, panic overthinking is another. Don't let the bastards crawl inside your head. Unless...you live in San Francisco. In which case, move to Texas.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

There are only two possible answers. Either you will comply, or you will not. Buying into the bullshit panic is just ridiculous.

When I lived in CA, I did not comply with certain laws, had no intention of getting caught, never did. That is my mindset, everyone else will have to go by their own moral compass.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16699 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Hell I love my USPc .45 and HK45c’s and 10 round mags are HIGH CAPACITY for them. Smile. So I’m good. Razz

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
No.

The mag capacity of my little guns or my 1911s is not even 10 rounds.

All but one of my double-stack guns came new from the factory with 10-round mags; don't criticize me for being old enough to buy guns during the former AWB period.

Posts: 625 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: March 25, 2005Report This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
As for national implications, I am not worried about some bullshit gun grab attempt that won't make it past the first challenge from the AG's of Texas and a dozen other states.

I didn’t think about that. Kentucky’s AG would be on board for that as well.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Report This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Nah, if they rule against too much you might as well drill the third hole and party.

Posts: 9964 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Report This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Apparently some people are "buying into it" and purchasing 10rd GLOCK 19 magazines now. I found a large vendor that had quite a few, had a run on them and are now out of them. I bought their last three, not necessarily to carry but to have just in case.

My preference is still 1911 so I'm good with ten or less.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Report This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post

Posts: 22909 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Report This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
Here’s a locked thread along the same lines.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/4350091674

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Report This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Keep in mind that 15 democrat senators voted NO on the AWB of 2013 that obama wanted after Sandy Hook passed and that had a provision to grandfather all banned items. The total vote was 40 yeah and 60 nay. Senators are much more independent than house members with their 6 year term and that it costs tens of millions of dollars to defend a senate seat. They also remember all the senators that lost their re election bid after voting yes on the 1994 AWB.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/..._Weapons_Ban_of_2013

With ACB at SCOTUS (than you President Trump) now it is very possible that another AWB that passed congress and was singed into law would be shot down at SCOTUS which would mean that many if not all blue state gun bans would become null and void also. I am pretty sure that the democrats want to avoid that. ACB was part of the 5-4 vote that just slapped down the little tyrant governor of NY and told him that no you can't infringe on the First Amendment and shut down/limit freedom of religion because of a pandemic. Poor John Roberts must have been really disappointed with the new girl in town.

Any EO that biden/harris might try to do that bans certain firearms/magazines would be immediately be met with a stay and again be heard by SCOTUS and again jeopardize all the existing blue state gun bans. Even biden/harris are not that stupid.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Report This Post
Picture of Ace31
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
I searched and did not see this topic.
Please direct me to any threads previously started on this subject if any.

Not wanting into feed into the media fed panic of a Democrat run political system.
Just a thought in my head I'd like feedback on.

Well, you are doing exactly that. Congratulations! NOT.
quote:
Do we need to start buying 10 round magazines to replace our "high" (I would call standard) capacity capable pistol magazines?

I see media fed rumors of a future Biden $200 tax per magazine over 10 rounds.
That isn't just new purchases, that is for currently owned mags.

Congratulations. Again. NOT.

But, let's just pretend I'm buying into this panic. What's so magical about the number 10? What makes you think the gun grabbing commies will let you have 10-rounders? What if they say, "We'll limit you to 6 rounds"? Or, how about single shots only? What are you going to do? Want more panic? How about when Beto comes for you guns?

There are only two possible answers. Either you will comply, or you will not. Buying into the bullshit panic is just ridiculous. The time to buy your needed stuff was long ago, not wait until now to act like Chicken Little. Go ahead and give me the eyeroll, too.

^^This is spot on^^ Sleepy will NOT make the same mistakes as the 1994 ban. When he and the wicked black witch of the west are done, you will only own a slingshot. Keep praying nightly for the orange man folks!

Posts: 2162 | Location: Wherever the voices in my head tell me to go | Registered: April 08, 2009Report This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
I bought some 10 rounders for my 1911. Big Grin

The run on 10 round Glock mags could be coming from the already banned states. There are a lot of Glocks in NY, NJ, MA, and CA, and not a lot of mags lately.

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Everyone who doesn't comply and who gets caught should request a jury trial. I can't wait to sit on one of those -- along with the rest of the population here who understands the fraudulent election.

Posts: 471 | Registered: February 15, 2004Report This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beanhead:
I think it was Pennsylvania or New Jersey that banned normal capacity mags. Law enforcement got containers waiting for all these mags to be turned in. I think they got a cardboard box worth....

That's news to me....

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Report This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Honestly, expect they will make a run at all this stuff. They will then "settle" (aka compromise) for the passing of enhanced background checks. Which I believe was their goal all along.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Report This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
What about the Blair Holt Act & the last US lead smelter closing?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Report This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
quote:
Originally posted by Beanhead:
I think it was Pennsylvania or New Jersey that banned normal capacity mags. Law enforcement got containers waiting for all these mags to be turned in. I think they got a cardboard box worth....

That's news to me....

I am unaware of any magazine restrictions at the PA state level. Recently, Pittsburgh's Burgermeister pushed for an "assault weapons ban" but had his dick slapped by the courts who ruled most of the legislation was in violation of the state's preemption law.

Posts: 3506 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Report This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
NOPE. Do the opposite.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8344 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Report This Post