SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Do we need to start buying 10 round mags?
Page 1 2 3 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Do we need to start buying 10 round mags? Login/Join 
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted
I searched and did not see this topic.
Please direct me to any threads previously started on this subject if any.

Not wanting into feed into the media fed panic of a Democrat run political system.
Just a thought in my head I'd like feedback on.

Do we need to start buying 10 round magazines to replace our "high" (I would call standard) capacity capable pistol magazines?

I see media fed rumors of a future Biden $200 tax per magazine over 10 rounds.
That isn't just new purchases, that is for currently owned mags.

I can't see the government having ANY way of knowing who owns what.

I can't see current law abiding citizens paying this tax or selling said mags to the government.

Any input or discussion would be appreciated..

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Report This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
Your location says Texas, you new here? I don't see Texas playing commie games....

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Report This Post
Road Dog
Picture of BennerP220
posted Hide Post
Lol. I’m not payin anyone ANYTHING for what I already own. What I currently own is mine and last I checked this is still free country. I guess they’ll have to come get ‘em. They’d better really want ‘em!

Posts: 3446 | Location: Southwest Indiana | Registered: December 12, 2004Report This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
I think it was Pennsylvania or New Jersey that banned normal capacity mags. Law enforcement got containers waiting for all these mags to be turned in. I think they got a cardboard box worth....

Posts: 1352 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Report This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
Your location says Texas, you new here? I don't see Texas playing commie games....

Nope, been in Texas 58 years.
You obviously didn't understand the OP.

I didn't state I was going to take Joe Biden's dick up my ass and pay a $200 tax for every over 10 round mag I may, or may not, own.

I merely asked for nationwide opinions on the subject at hand.

If you've been in Texas awhile, you'd know we've had Democrat governors in the past.
With the influx of a possible open border coming soon, another Texas Democrat governor, Senate, or majority of House members, isn't that far out of the realm of possibility.
Along with the people that are fleeing California, New York, Illinois, and other democrat run states moving here, but for some reason keep voting in the Democrat politicians and policies that they fled from.

If Biden, or Harris, keeps their promise of putting Beto in charge of federal gun laws, we are screwed.

But thanks for the helpful input.. Roll Eyes

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Report This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BennerP220:
Lol. I’m not payin anyone ANYTHING for what I already own. What I currently own is mine and last I checked this is still free country. I guess they’ll have to come get ‘em. They’d better really want ‘em!

quote:
Originally posted by Beanhead:
I think it was Pennsylvania or New Jersey that banned normal capacity mags. Law enforcement got containers waiting for all these mags to be turned in. I think they got a cardboard box worth....

Thank you..
These are the responses I was hoping for...

Picture of bolo4tom
posted Hide Post
only if you're going to bend over and comply with that BS...

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
First off, ANY attempted executive fiat would be met with immediate legal challenges. They will go all the way to SCOTUS and likely won’t survive. The best the left can hope for two years is a 50/50 split with Kamelatoe being the deciding vote. I don’t think they’ll fair well either. Believe it or not, the left is in pretty deep fear of losing the house in 2022. So, despite the big talk, don’t expect much there.

Let’s pretend for just a moment I’m wrong about every bit of that. That Slow Joe and the Hoe magically ban everything the day after they cheat their way to victory. You still have to be caught, tried and convicted. And being convicted at jury trial in free America likely won’t happen. Depending on where you live. Around here, no way in hell you’ll be charged, let alone convicted for possession of such items.

Let’s say I’m completely wrong on that too. Why start buying 10 rounders today? Why wouldn’t you be buying standard capacity magazines to bury in the back yard?

Unless you plan on complying, I wouldn’t be purchasing 10 round magazines.

“We” aren’t buying 10 round mags. You may, but I won’t be.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Report This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
First off, ANY attempted executive fiat would be met with immediate legal challenges. They will go all the way to SCOTUS and likely won’t survive. The best the left can hope for two years is a 50/50 split with Kamelatoe being the deciding vote. I don’t think they’ll fair well either. Believe it or not, the left is in pretty deep fear of losing the house in 2022. So, despite the big talk, don’t expect much there.

Let’s pretend for just a moment I’m wrong about every bit of that. That Slow Joe and the Hoe magically ban everything the day after they cheat their way to victory. You still have to be caught, tried and convicted. And being convicted at jury trial in free America likely won’t happen. Depending on where you live. Around here, no way in hell you’ll be charged, let alone convicted for possession of such items.

Let’s say I’m completely wrong on that too. Why start buying 10 rounders today? Why wouldn’t you be buying standard capacity magazines to bury in the back yard?

That is good advice.
No, I don't plan on complying.

Of all the firearms I have legally bought and/or (may have) sold in my lifetime, the feds don't have a clue to what I do, or do not own.
Nor it is any of their business.

I was just thinking of being ahead of the issue.
You know, why wait to buy toilet paper when the shelves are already empty?

I guess I was thinking more about the firearms that I may end up handing down to my family in the event of my death.
What is the point of owning said firearm if the mags are illegal?

Or just hold on to the them until they become legal again.
Been there, done that.

Looks like I may have fed into the media hysteria that has been running rampant this year. .

If they want to change the laws for future purchases, that I can understand.
Well, not understand, but comprehend.
But to change the laws for things one already owns, I don't understand that.

Thank you for putting this issue back into a proper perspective for me.
I knew I could count on the members here to do that..

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Also, don’t look for a 1994 style “law enforcement exemption” if items are banned, etc. slow Joe hates LE. Your local cops and sheriffs won’t ge exempted citing “getting weapons of war out of the hands of an over militarized police”.

Truly, they’ll attempt to make criminals out of everyone. His security detail excluded, of course. That’ll only continue to feed the uprising.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Report This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Short answer is YES...

Soon as Sig starts making 10 round P220 10mm specific mags I will buy plenty.

Until then I'll continue to buy whatever the hell else I want...it's funny how these "scares" make me actually buy even more.

If they STFU I would probably buy less.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6318 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Report This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
So, you are not new here...got it Smile

Then you probably know that Democrats are on a pretty long losing streak, since about '94. Yeah, we are getting flooded with commies but that isn't new....weren't we supposed to turn Blue in 2016...and again in 2020... it ain't happened yet.

As for national implications, I am not worried about some bullshit gun grab attempt that won't make it past the first challenge from the AG's of Texas and a dozen other states.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
I searched and did not see this topic.
Please direct me to any threads previously started on this subject if any.

Not wanting into feed into the media fed panic of a Democrat run political system.
Just a thought in my head I'd like feedback on.

Well, you are doing exactly that. Congratulations! NOT.
quote:
Do we need to start buying 10 round magazines to replace our "high" (I would call standard) capacity capable pistol magazines?

I see media fed rumors of a future Biden $200 tax per magazine over 10 rounds.
That isn't just new purchases, that is for currently owned mags.

Congratulations. Again. NOT.

But, let's just pretend I'm buying into this panic. What's so magical about the number 10? What makes you think the gun grabbing commies will let you have 10-rounders? What if they say, "We'll limit you to 6 rounds"? Or, how about single shots only? What are you going to do? Want more panic? How about when Beto comes for you guns?

There are only two possible answers. Either you will comply, or you will not. Buying into the bullshit panic is just ridiculous. The time to buy your needed stuff was long ago, not wait until now to act like Chicken Little. Go ahead and give me the eyeroll, too.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
There are only two possible answers. Either you will comply, or you will not.

This. And judging by the overall mood at my LGS, I don't foresee a run on 10-round magazines anytime soon. Even if the tyrants are successful in passing restrictive legislation, in Deplorable County, PA anyway, I predict massive non-compliance. Few if any still believe the Left's mantra of "sensible gun laws".

Posts: 3506 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Report This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Buying 10 round magazines?? Hell I've been buying high capacity mags for everything I have. I don't see how they can ever know what kind or how many mags you own short of a search warrant and good luck with that!

Besides Grandpa badfingers will be back in his basement for good shortly.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
The Sheeples Republik of New Yorkistan enacted such a law years ago. Then, in 2013, further reduced capacities down to "7"! The 7 round limit was challenged in the Western part of the state and overturned. Since a State law can't apply to one part and not another, the law went away. BUT ... not completely away. The Gubner just decided to not enforce the law. And a few years later, he decided to start quietly enforcing it. Every once in a while, we hear of a soldier who was sleeping in his car at a rest stop getting jammed up.

If the reduced capacity law gets passed, you may not turn in your standard capacity mags, but you'll probably start buying reduced capacity mags for range use. Because you're all law abiding citizens. And because, at some point, you'll come to the realization that sound travels!

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Report This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:

This is the side of the fence I’m on, and a VAST majority of law abiding Americans I suspect.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15579 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Report This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I thought some appeals court out west made the decision that the high capacity ban was unconstitutional because 10+ round magazines were a common firearms item?

I'm 63 years old and I really don't see a federal ban or NFA tax on 10+ mags or 'common' semi-auto rifles or pistol that we already own ever happening in my lifetime....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I worked in a gun store all summer. You know who bought all the Glocks and AR's? Mostly liberals. Heck, some of them worked for the Amy McGrath campaign (HQ was next door.) I don't see them supporting gun control any time soon.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Report This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I like 10 round magazines. The BMG is too much fun to shoot one at a time and I'd like to have a belt fed. Big Grin

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Report This Post