SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Apparently the Gen 5 G17/19 are available for preorder.
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Apparently the Gen 5 G17/19 are available for preorder. Login/Join 
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted
Basically the M with Gen 5 stamped on it. I'm interested, although I'm really digging my Gen 4 G19.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Where are you seeing this?

Wink

No issues with my Gen 4s either, but always intereseted to see something new. Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I was fine with Gen 3. What does Gen 5 have? Bluetooth?

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
^^^^
Wireless reloading

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
It's the FBI M model. Makes sense. The tooling and frame manufacturing are already in place. I doubt they will be available in other calibers. It's a 2 pin with ambi release. Maybe a 34 down the line as the frame is common.

I think it will be limited to the 17/19 for the foreseeable future as it's alfready in production for LE.

A couple of folks on GT have been talking about it. They were able to preorder Gen 5 G17/19. Most people were poo pooing it until they were able to order.

TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
17/19 only in the beginning. The timing was ideal. Trump = gun industry slowing. Gen 5's mean they keep selling Glocks. I'll be buying a few once they've been proven.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12556 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:

It's what the Gen 5 doesn't have.

Posts: 826 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:

This about covers it:

Posts: 17041 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
^^^This. No finger grooves. Didn't hey add front cocking serrations to it recently?

Posts: 4979 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:
^^^This. No finger grooves. Didn't hey add front cocking serrations to it recently?

That was the Gen 4 FS Summer special. I think they had some slides that had some blemished roll marks and somebody said "I think I have an idea to get rid of those blemished slides."

Kinda like what SIG did to get rid of all those P224 slides after it flopped. Turn it in to a P229 "carry".

TCB all the time...

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:

Personally, I hope it looks just like it's pictured. I'll get one in one flavor or another, eventually just to have one of every generation.

Posts: 17041 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
I like the Gen 3 over the Gen 4. Heck, I still have a G19 Gen 2 that gets carried.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16374 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
I hate the idea of the ambi slide lock. I'll hold one, but doubt the finger-groove-less-ness will make me dump my gen4 that I love so much.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Add front serrations and take away the ambi slide stop and I'm in.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7933 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I think there is a new barrel, new RSA voodoo and the FBI ameriglo sight combo will be available.

TCB all the time...

We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
I hate the idea of the ambi slide lock. I'll hold one, but doubt the finger-groove-less-ness will make me dump my gen4 that I love so much.

I'm torn. I'm a lefty, but like the 3 pin design.

TCB all the time...

addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Knowing me I'll probably get the G19 at some point. No grooves is definitely nice. So the ambi slide stop eliminates the need for the third pin, eh? Would be nice if they clean up the mushiness of the Gen4 triggers while they were busy deleting all of the other stuff. Glad to see that the 'summer serrations' didn't make it as a regular thing; those just looked bizarre in general, even worse in hand.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:

I wonder if it'll affect holsters. Leather will probably deal with it....kydex not so much.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12556 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
^^^^
Wireless reloading

Nonsense. That's for the Gen6 guns and beyond when they finally get the brainwave activators dialed in right. GPS targeting is for the Gen5. Keep it straight, else you'll be accused of spreading fake news.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Here's the reported list of changes on the Gen 5 models:

No finger grooves
Different finish
Ambidextrous slide catch
Traditional rifling
Modified recoil spring assembly
Modified safety plunger
Flared magwell
Front magazine well cutout (like the Gen 1/2)
Extended magazine baseplate (but previous Gen mags will still work)

(They must be waiting for the Gen 6s to incorporate Bluetooth and GPS.)

I'm definitely in for a G19.

Posts: 32399 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post