SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Apparently the Gen 5 G17/19 are available for preorder.
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Apparently the Gen 5 G17/19 are available for preorder. Login/Join 
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Don't really see the need for the ambidextrous slide stop. I would fear that it will prove to be a failure point.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11143 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Lord us Gunny's are curmudgeons. I know there were a bunch of us saying that double action is just something that's gonna break, I'll keep my SAA thank you very much. Smile

I am as guilty as everybody else.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jjkroll32:
Don't really see the need for the ambidextrous slide stop. I would fear that it will prove to be a failure point.

The feature is designed to appeal to law enforcement agencies and organizations that have to equip lots of shooters-same with the reversible magazine release. The modularity and ambidextrous controls are selling points when you are chasing LE contracts.

What, me worry?

Posts: 2126 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: September 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It is my understanding that Glock bought or licensed exclusive rights to the Ameriglo BOLD sights (Trijicon HD looking front with serrated, straight, two dot rear) and will be offering them for sale separately.

Posts: 182 | Registered: September 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did the gen 2 compacts that had the cutout in the grip give blisters? That's the one change here that doesn't look good to me.

Posts: 185 | Registered: July 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
I would consider a non-polygonal barrel a step backward.

I can see why people would think that, but when Kyle Defoor swaps in a KKM Barrel after 80-100k rounds and then says groups are in fact slightly improved over the stock, G19 barrel, I can see how Glock might be looking to cut into that loop.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I like the features of the 19. Not sure about that barrel change, though. Fixing something that's not broken, it seems.

quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
^^^^^
I wondered how long it would take! Big Grin

I love that movie.

Still holds up pretty well, too.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jjkroll32:

Obviously I don't know how they implemented it, but in every other pistol design I've seen, the ambi-slide stops I've seen were just a glorified extension to the left-side one... so nothing extra really to be a "failure point"

Posts: 331 | Location: OH | Registered: September 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NoQuota
posted Hide Post

Posts: 594 | Location: St Augustine, FL | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got an email this morning from one of our distributors saying gen 5s are available now and to contact sales rep to order so should start seeing them shortly at dealers.

Posts: 1299 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sammael
posted Hide Post
Any indication about slide/frame compatibility with the Gen 4 guns?

Posts: 567 | Registered: August 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
After 80-100K rounds, I'd expect any new barrel to be more accurate. But even new to new, for a non-competition defensively oriented gun, I would think polygonal would be a better choice, if only for the slight velocity increase, ore what I would think would be the equally slight accuracy increase.

More to the point, I think Glock is now changing things it easily can just for the sake of coming up with features it can advertise for the new model, whether they actually constitute improvements or not.

quote:
Originally posted by dehughes:
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
I would consider a non-polygonal barrel a step backward.

I can see why people would think that, but when Kyle Defoor swaps in a KKM Barrel after 80-100k rounds and then says groups are in fact slightly improved over the stock, G19 barrel, I can see how Glock might be looking to cut into that loop.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sammael:
Any indication about slide/frame compatibility with the Gen 4 guns?

hearing changes with the locking lug and RSA lengths

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Another good article re: Gen4/Gen5 differences...

http://www.recoilweb.com/insid...ck-gen-5-129141.html

Posts: 12537 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
nevermind ^^^^ he got it.

Posts: 6727 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: November 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Quick cut and paste from that article

Previous Generation Compatibility
It’s actually much easier to list what is compatible with Gen 4 Glocks than what isn’t:
-Magazine Release
-Magazines
-Recoil Spring (G19 only)
-Striker spring and sleeve
-Channel Liner
-Spring cups

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Quick cut and paste from that article

Previous Generation Compatibility
It’s actually much easier to list what is compatible with Gen 4 Glocks than what isn’t:
-Magazine Release
-Magazines
-Recoil Spring (G19 only)
-Striker spring and sleeve
-Channel Liner
-Spring cups

just what i was about to post, this will take some time to shake it all out.

Picture of Rotty37
posted Hide Post
Here’s the Full Reveal of the New Glock Gen5 Pistol

Read more: http://www.recoilweb.com/insid...1.html#ixzz4qmjQ48gD

http://www.recoilweb.com/insid...ck-gen-5-129141.html

Some more details and specs here...

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/...17/08/25/glock-gen5/

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4448 | Registered: December 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OnyxShooter:
Did the gen 2 compacts that had the cutout in the grip give blisters? That's the one change here that doesn't look good to me.

Yes it does. It's the one thing I hate about my gen 2 19's, and I am less than enthused to see it on this generation.

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So, should I be expecting a price drop on gen 4 guns? I need an OD 19 and I'll be happy.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post