SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Apparently the Gen 5 G17/19 are available for preorder.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Apparently the Gen 5 G17/19 are available for preorder. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Might try a 19. Not sure til I see one in person.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
Im still not seeing anything at the distributors on this.

If it was being released at the end of the month, they would be listed already.

Posts: 7389 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
Received invites from two stores/ranges (one Houston, one San Antonio area) to shoot the new Glocks, as well as purchase if so inclined. August 26th.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walker77:

Supposed to be zero info released until the 25th. No order forms, pics nothing.
Of course now it's the worst kept secret on the webs.
Apparently, one distributor released it to one blue label dealer and order forms were made. It stopped abruptly as if someone screwed up by releasing it.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dealers are holding big promotional launch parties. Here is the one local to me.

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbc...9f800b8e&oe=5A1B452B

Posts: 3278 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It seems from the rumors that the Gen5 will have an Ambi-slide release, as opposed to a reversible one.

I wonder if an Ambi-slide release will make lots of Gen1-4 glock holsters incompatible. Each one of my kydex holsters covers the slide release area on both sides.

Posts: 331 | Location: OH | Registered: September 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My main curiosity pertains to the accuracy of the Gen 5. Somewhere I read that Glock was turning them into a 3" @ 50 yard gun vs. a 3" @ 25 yard gun.

I noticed an increase in accuracy between Gens 3 & 4, so I'm hoping the rumors are true, for if they are, I just might become a Glock owner again (Gen 19 in some cool color).

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Y'know... After watching our new left-handed officer struggle to lock the slide back on his Gen 4 G17 during some training yesterday, I think a definite benefit to the Gen 5's ambi slide lock levers.

But I share lordhamster's concern about holster compatibility. I really want a Gen 5 G19, but I'd strongly prefer it to be compatible with my existing G19 holster collection.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lordhamster:
It seems from the rumors that the Gen5 will have an Ambi-slide release, as opposed to a reversible one.

I wonder if an Ambi-slide release will make lots of Gen1-4 glock holsters incompatible. Each one of my kydex holsters covers the slide release area on both sides.

I asked the same question earlier in the thread. I hope they have a right side delete ready for the millions who already own holsters. If I have to buy new holsters then 0 interest. I don't mind paying for a $5-10 delete however.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:

I wonder if it'll affect holsters. Leather will probably deal with it....kydex not so much.

Didn't see this before I made my holster comment.

Posts: 331 | Location: OH | Registered: September 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walker77:

Blue Label Dealers probably getting them first and they deal directly with Glock INC.

Posts: 604 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You dig
Picture of evolution
posted Hide Post
My local range is opening at Midnight to present the new pistol. Not sure about that whole idea, but.... they will have seven available, two different SKU numbers.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: evolution,

Posts: 2602 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: June 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I might be in for a 19 or 17, or both....

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Apparently the Gen 5 G17/19 are available for preorder

I think I will just wait until the first year public Beta testing is over & Glock makes the necessary updates.

Posts: 67 | Registered: August 13, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JonTy:
quote:
Apparently the Gen 5 G17/19 are available for preorder

I think I will just wait until the first year public Beta testing is over & Glock makes the necessary updates.

A friend brought that up. If these are the 17/19M guns, they have been out in police departments for a year. Should have any issues worked out already.

Posts: 3569 | Registered: February 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Factory stock Glocks have always been a step down in *practical* accuracy from pistols like the VP9,PPQ,P320c,CZP-10C,and a few others. Imho, since some of the *current* production Glocks still have the BTF issues, I am not confident that it will be fixed in the next generation Glock. Some Clocks though can have top tier accuracy and no BTF. IMHO, it is just the luck of the draw when you buy one.

Posts: 388 | Location: Ohio | Registered: November 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm still curious about what they turn out to be. Like any new firearm debut, the more hipe the more sales.
I think a wait and see will be my best bet.

Posts: 397 | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
The Gen 5 19 and 17 (19M/17M)are being unveiled at my range on August 26th.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be Careful What You Wish For...
Picture of Monk
posted Hide Post
No finger grooves? I'll be in for a 17 and 19.

Georgeair: "...looking around my house this morning, it's not easily defended for long by two people in the event of real anarchy. The entryways might be slick for the latecomers though...."

Posts: 11865 | Location: Hoisting the colors in a strange land | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
I swear if its the Glock 44 (a .40 version of the 43), I may lose my mind. Big Grin

I'm hoping that more specific news leaks later this week. Some places are going to be open at midnight for this reveal party.

Posts: 3569 | Registered: February 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post