SIGforum
Apparently the Gen 5 G17/19 are available for preorder.

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/430601935/m/5390046824

August 11, 2017, 10:24 AM
dehughes
Apparently the Gen 5 G17/19 are available for preorder.
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by dehughes:
I too am curious about the finish change. My Gen 4 has seen a lot of use and still looks excellent...hard to see how the finish could be "improved".

Maybe a change requested by the RFP?

Likely so. I'm quite curious now.

August 11, 2017, 08:31 PM
Chowser
Coworker is going to our local LE dealer to get a 43. I told him to ask if he could preorder the gen5 17 and 19. We'll see what they tell him..

Not minority enough!
August 11, 2017, 08:36 PM
RogueJSK
I asked at our local cop shop/Blue Label dealer today, and was told that they haven't heard anything about it.

Oh well. I've been pining for several years for a grooveless Gen 5 G19. I guess I can pine for a while longer.
August 11, 2017, 11:06 PM
wrightd
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
I was fine with Gen 3. What does Gen 5 have? Bluetooth?

Good I wasn't eating over my keyboard !

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster
August 12, 2017, 11:31 AM
hile
17M and 19M are definitely on my list, especially since my EDC load has become 147gr bonded (Gold Dots) from DoubleTap.
August 12, 2017, 11:34 AM
mbinky
I actually like the recontoured nose of the slide. Reminds me of my G37 (yes, I own a 45 GAP...don't judge lol).
August 12, 2017, 11:47 AM
newmexican
Looks good, I wouldnt mind a g17 one myself.
August 12, 2017, 12:28 PM
EmpireState
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
I asked at our local cop shop/Blue Label dealer today, and was told that they haven't heard anything about it.

Oh well. I've been pining for several years for a grooveless Gen 5 G19. I guess I can pine for a while longer.

Finally got word from GT Distributors. The next day, an email went out to reps that they are not selling or taking orders....but the guy on the phone said to call back in a few weeks. Either its a well planned hoax or we should see them soon. One point I'd like to mention is that Glock overall is pretty good about getting things made and released after annoncement. I could be wrong but Glock tends to not showcase guns that are years out from release or not released at all.
August 12, 2017, 05:26 PM
jljones
quote:
Originally posted by EmpireState:
quote:

Finally got word from GT Distributors. The next day, an email went out to reps that they are not selling or taking orders....but the guy on the phone said to call back in a few weeks. Either its a well planned hoax or we should see them soon. One point I'd like to mention is that Glock overall is pretty good about getting things made and released after annoncement. I could be wrong but Glock tends to not showcase guns that are years out from release or not released at all.

Do you realize how screwed up that is? That someone, somewhere within GT is thinking "I would like to find the guy that started this on the internet and strangle him?". You know if you and I called there were 300 others just like us that did.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

August 12, 2017, 07:40 PM
smithnsig
There is supposed to be some kind of release party at select ranges the end of august.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...
August 12, 2017, 07:45 PM
EmpireState
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by EmpireState:
quote:

Do you realize how screwed up that is? That someone, somewhere within GT is thinking "I would like to find the guy that started this on the internet and strangle him?". You know if you and I called there were 300 others just like us that did.

Oh for sure. I like a good conspiracy theory though....I'd bet that the receipt is legit and the store/employee got talked to about doing it. We'll see though. I mean, if they come out in the next two weeks then maybe something did happen. Either way, I have to admit...its got me a little excited. A Gen 5 with the Ameriglo sights sounds awesome.
August 13, 2017, 07:21 AM
jljones
Sorta reminds me of 5 or 6 years ago, when the rumor spread that a hurricane was going to shut down gas production, that would render the pipeline to our area dry for several days. There were sporadic reports of "The gas delivery man came into my store today, and said that the next gas I would be getting is $4 per gallon. FILL UP WHILE YOU CAN".

Madness ensued. People standing in line to get gas. Guys finally getting up to pumps with 10 gas cans to fill up. NOTE- This hurricane was to happen 1500 miles from where I live. The forecast for us at that time was hot and humid. And stations ran out of gas. It was funny. You could set across from a station that was out of gas and watch. Someone would pull up to an empty station with bags over the pumps and pretend to be fueling and 40 cars would flock to the pumps and look at the bags over nozzles like it was a monolith.

Someone said yesterday at IDPA that you could start a rumor around here that it was going to snow Aug 27 (average temp of 70), and there would be a run on milk and bread the 26th.

It is funny all in all.

www.opspectraining.com

August 13, 2017, 07:53 AM
WARPIG602
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
There is supposed to be some kind of release party at select ranges the end of august.

Thats correct, our range here will have them to shoot and purchase on the 26th.

August 13, 2017, 08:39 AM
dehughes
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:

Thats correct, our range here will have them to shoot and purchase on the 26th.

Well there ya go.

August 13, 2017, 09:17 AM
P6shooter
Can't wait to see what new problems these new Glocks have.
August 13, 2017, 03:49 PM
dehughes
quote:
Originally posted by P6shooter:

Glass half full, my friend. Smile

August 13, 2017, 07:36 PM
JBP55
quote:

Nothing like the new P320 pistols.
August 13, 2017, 08:27 PM
jljones
quote:
Originally posted by dehughes:
quote:

Glass half full, my friend. Smile

Yeah, that was my thought.

www.opspectraining.com

August 14, 2017, 11:58 AM
bubbatime
quote:
Originally posted by JBP55:
quote:

Nothing like the new P320 pistols.

August 14, 2017, 02:08 PM
Dtech
I just confirmed with our local Blue Label dealer that they are taking preorders as well for delivery at the end of the month. They are honoring the 2017 Blue Label prices for the Gen5 too. ($425) I'm glad I haven't used my GSSF coupon yet even though I was tempted on a couple different occasions over the past few months.

My best guess is that Glock had already ramped up production capability to meet the needs of not just the FBI contract but the potential of the Army contract as well and are now ready to offer a substantial inventory for agency and public sale.

I already have a 2nd Gen G19 so I am leaning toward the G17 but haven't decided for certain yet.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling