SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Apparently the Gen 5 G17/19 are available for preorder.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Apparently the Gen 5 G17/19 are available for preorder. Login/Join 
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I have a gen4, but it has the frying pan finish. it looks brand new while the barrel is showing wear.

It's pretty slick though.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dehughes:
I too am curious about the finish change. My Gen 4 has seen a lot of use and still looks excellent...hard to see how the finish could be "improved".

Maybe a change requested by the RFP?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
Ahh the hell with it I'm going to switch to 9mm.

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
I will have to get one in a G17. I like the front strap and flared magwell and I just like Glocks anyway.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:
Ahh the hell with it I'm going to switch to 9mm.

To quote Killian.......YESSSSSS!

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

Hopefully you don't have to "think FIRE in German". Wink

Wink

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
I wondered how long it would take! Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fuimus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Apparently the Gen 5 G17/19 are available for preorder.

Do we have to contact the Glock fairy to order one?

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Preorder, ship in October...just in time for Christmas! Timing is everything. Smile

Posts: 3202 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
Preorder, ship in October...just in time for Christmas! Timing is everything. Smile

Did you? Where? I thought I read early September. I called GT Distributors and the rep that answered the phone didn't know anything about it but said a few other people had called asking. I emailed her the glocktalk link so she looked at it and said she would talk to her manager and call me back.

Also, do we know if the 19 is gonna have that cutout in the front of the grip? I've seen 19M pics with and without. I'd much prefer without, that was the reason I never got a Gen2 19, it rubbed my pinky wrong. I'm definitely going to get a Gen5 with the Ameriglo sights if available.

Posts: 3569 | Registered: February 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EmpireState:
quote:

Did you? Where? I thought I read early September. I called GT Distributors and the rep that answered the phone didn't know anything about it but said a few other people had called asking. I emailed her the glocktalk link so she looked at it and said she would talk to her manager and call me back.

Also, do we know if the 19 is gonna have that cutout in the front of the grip? I've seen 19M pics with and without. I'm definitely going to get a Gen5 with the Ameriglo sights if available.

I called GT Distributors and got the same answer. I called our Glock rep and he said that the GT post was fake, because Glock has no plans of releasing any guns to the blue label program, or the civilian market until all agency orders have been filled. That is expected to be end of the year at least.

In that same vein, I know two different shops that say they will have guns on the commercial side by the end of September at the latest. I've got a dude checking on a third to see what they say, but they are advertising that something big (Glock) is arriving Sept 1.

So, I don't know. I am really confused right now about when the guns are going to be available. Work is supposed to get ours in October, but that was the delivery date of our Gen4s that have been upgraded to Gen5.

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
Ha. Well I'd be pleasantly surprised to see them sooner rather than later. Also hoping that they are available from the factory with those Ameriglo FBI sights. I was going to drive to the GT Distributors location and ask but they aren't exactly close enough (20 miles) just to have a chat.

Posts: 3569 | Registered: February 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by EmpireState:
quote:

Also, do we know if the 19 is gonna have that cutout in the front of the grip? I've seen 19M pics with and without. I'm definitely going to get a Gen5 with the Ameriglo sights if available.

I called GT Distributors and got the same answer. I called our Glock rep and he said that the GT post was fake, because Glock has no plans of releasing any guns to the blue label program, or the civilian market until all agency orders have been filled. That is expected to be end of the year at least.

In that same vein, I know two different shops that say they will have guns on the commercial side by the end of September at the latest. I've got a dude checking on a third to see what they say, but they are advertising that something big (Glock) is arriving Sept 1.

So, I don't know. I am really confused right now about when the guns are going to be available. Work is supposed to get ours in October, but that was the delivery date of our Gen4s that have been upgraded to Gen5.

So much for my hopes of one in December if folks are able to preorder commercial ones, shipping in October..(which prompted my post after reading earlier ones), and it not correct. My LGS has a Gen4 19 Summer Special with night sights sitting in the display case which hasn't moved in almost two months that calls my name every time I'm there...

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
So what you're saying is that the OP is nothing but a...

... Glock tease?

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
I have a gen4, but it has the frying pan finish. it looks brand new while the barrel is showing wear.

It's pretty slick though.

My EDC G23G4 has the matte finish; it's scuffed, scratched, worn and thin. And pocked with pitting in spots. Actually I've grown to like it the way it is. It's got character, not a bad thing for a plain looking, blocky service gun like a Glock.

But I still miss Tenifer. Cheap Glock bean counters...

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

... Glock tease?

I really hope that the news is true, would love to hear what the new ones are like after several of the forum check them out. Should I get one, or go for the Summer Special, it's name will be "Stefanie" (Heidi, Annette, and Inga are already used here!) Wink

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
In doing a bit of digging, I decided to Google the words "Glock Gen5 Pre-Order" thinking that it would return some businesses advertising their pre-order status.

The first two pages were mainly linked back to the GT thread on the dude saying he can pre-order. There was not one instance of a shop advertising a pre-order status.

Very Curious.

Someone seriously needs to post that "Take my Money NOW" meme.

www.opspectraining.com

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

... Glock tease?

If we are going down this road, I'll have to share this. In the last season of Justified, Raylan is being followed by this big dude named ChooChoo. Raylan gets out of his vehicle and stands in the road, and causes Choochoo to nearly hit him with his car. Choochoo sticks his head out the window and yells "Get out of the road, cock holster". The running joke between me and some of my coworkers has become "Get out of the road, Glock holster" in homage to Choochoo.

www.opspectraining.com

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Someone seriously needs to post that "Take my Money NOW" meme.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I believe the trigger design is springless like the g42/43 trigger

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post