SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    If you rely on the 357 SIG cartridge in at least one defensive handgun, please take this poll.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you rely on the 357 SIG cartridge in at least one defensive handgun, please take this poll. Login/Join 
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
I have to say with me being new to the 357 Sig cartridge.... just this past November... I am really surprised at how many folks here have a gun or actually multiple guns in this caliber.

Who would have thunk it?

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love the .357 sig round. It performs very well in all the tests I've seen as well in the 239 so that is my carry round and the 239 my choice of ccw

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GroundedCLK:
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:

P220 converted to P357 by GGI.

Can I get some details on this ?

GGI orders a custom barrel from Bar-Sto, which Bruce modifies. He orders custom mags as well. Ends up being 10 rounds in a regular size mag.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all who responded. I’m a little surprised by the number that’s approaching 200. That’s a tiny sample of the total number of members here, but it’s still more than I anticipated to respond to a poll.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
The older I get the less I'm starting to like the extra ump that the .357 sig produces, not to sure why maybe shooting to much 9mm has made me into a wimp. I shoot a G32.

Posts: 5587 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...30601935/m/324107199

Confused

That thread is about converting P220s to 10mm, not 357 SIG, unless it's buried in the discussion someplace; page number?

Oh, duh. Sorry about that. I saw "P220 conversion".

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
2 Glocks in 357 Sig here. One is a well used G33 that is just amazing with the round it also has a 40 S&W barrel for extra options.

The other is my G31 kept for garage & barn needs.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P229 with both barrels, but the 357SIG barrel lives in it.

Posts: 1626 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
I have two that serve in a backup role to my primary pistols.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My EDC is a P320, Backup P229 Legion, and Fun shoot is a P226 Legion all in 357 sig. Will be buying the P320 Legion soon. Bought the first P229 in 357 sig my local gun store got, sold it when the Legion series came out. Should have kept it!

Posts: 4 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dubdubu
posted Hide Post
I almost always carry a 239 in 357. If I need a higher capacity I'll switch to a 226 in 9. I always carry at least 2 spare magazines.

Posts: 68 | Location: St Louis Co, Mo | Registered: November 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Invalid poll. There is no "bacon" option.

Posts: 16 | Registered: December 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Dude. The 357SIG makes it's own bacon. And now back to your regularly scheduled thread...

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
this is a duplicate to what I put in another post:

I put a 9mm barrel in my P239 sig designed for 357/40... kept the original slide and recoil spring with rod and even used the 357 magazines..... 9mm functioned perfectly.... tried the 9mm mag and it worked too.

I then started thinking and put a 9mm barrel in my P226 Legion 357 and guess what? No problems at all... shot fine with the 357 recoil spring and slide using the 357 magazines....

Not sure about any other Sig or other pistols but it seems the simple and easy way to shoot cheaper in at least a P239 or P226 in 357 or probably even 40 cal is to just get a 9mm barrel.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barry1967
posted Hide Post
P226 Elite and
Glock 32

Glock is a bit much but the 226 is much more comfortable to shoot.

More than a few, less than others!

Posts: 1199 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: June 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tenacious
Tempestuous
with Integrity
posted Hide Post
My SIG P Classic pistols are all .357Sig/.40S&W capable.

Posts: 787 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
I have bought 4 pistols chambered in that brilliant little round from my agency as new pistols were issued, love them all!

Appx. year manufactured and model below:

1998 P226 DA/SA Non-rail
2004 P226R DAK
2012 P229R DAK
2012 P239 DAK

I have also added these:
1998 P229 DA/SA Non-rail
2012 P226 DA/SA Elite Dark

Will be adding an early P226 Legion in .357 Sig as soon as funds allow and would not mind having a Heckler and Koch USP357 Compact, either. Although I bet that last one jumps like a cat on hot asphalt when you trip the trigger, LOL!

.357 Sig is a fantastic cartridge, excellent street record for stopping quickly, feeds perfectly and annoys 'FBI jello junkie' fanboys.
What's not to love?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TexasRaider,

Posts: 801 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
P226
SP2340

Posts: 3239 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by colt_saa:
Are you only looking for defensive 357SIG firearms that are manufacture by SIG?

I have almost as many non-SIG manufactured firearms as those that came from SIG

I have had more than one since the mid 1990s

Not only do I have 357SIG chambered firearms for defense, I also have 357SIG firearms for target shooting and even a few that are collectible

I am not going to bother with a list in this thread

I suspect that one could have a nice day just ogling the contents of you Gun room. A drool towel orbib might be required though. Big Grin

Posts: 6914 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
glock 33, daily carry for many years
p229 circa 2000, first intro to the cartridge, daily carried for about a decade.
p229 circa 2008, wanted a railed version.

i carry a shield more often now, only for size and weight. if there was a shield in 357 or similar size and weight with similar reliability...id probably own it.

Posts: 775 | Location: FL | Registered: November 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post