SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    If you rely on the 357 SIG cartridge in at least one defensive handgun, please take this poll.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you rely on the 357 SIG cartridge in at least one defensive handgun, please take this poll. Login/Join 
Just an ACARS message
with feelings
Picture of qxsoup
posted Hide Post
3x226
1x229
1x239
1x2202

Yea I like .357sig.

220/229/228/226/P6/225/XO/SP2022/239

Posts: 3062 | Location: The Queen City (the one in Ohio) | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
I guess I'm a relative .357 Sig virgin.

Only 1, a P229 DAK chambered in .357 Sig. It started out its life as a .40, but once it became mine, it was rebarrelled in .357. I've conducted a bit of unscientific testing with some venison and pig carcasses and old clothes and I've decided on Speer 125 grain Gold Dots.

While I love the gun, and the cartridge, I really wish the ammo were more cost effective.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I have one P226 in 357SIG. It’s the only gun in that caliber. It was my duty gun.

I EDC a G19, or a j-frame 38

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11275 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
P229 & G27 converted

Posts: 4028 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P229 .357 sig primary carry. Many rounds stockpiled. Gold Dots are my go to ammo.

Posts: 39 | Location: SOKY | Registered: March 09, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
(2) P239 with one being my EDC at the moment
P229C SAS
P229
SP2022

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1906 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
I have one. A H&K USP compact in .40 cal that I put a .357 Sig barrel in. I took it in trade after looking and finding the barrel. Otherwise, I would pass. It is literally my hedge against another ammo shortage in the future.

I need to replaced the dead night sights and it is all good to go.

Posts: 1351 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RGRacing
posted Hide Post
I have a P226R in 357SIG. It is the only gun I have in that caliber. It came to me as a 40 S&W but I ordered the 357 barrel next day.
I keep it at my bed side in 40 S&W - Concerned of over penetration and Loudness in doors. It also has a Light. I feel it is my best home protector.
Reloading for 357 Sig helps with the fun factor.

Posts: 494 | Location: Mpls, MN | Registered: January 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
229 Legend in 357 Sig.

Sgt. USMC 1970 - 1973

Posts: 411 | Location: Columbiana, Ohio  | Registered: May 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
H.O.F.I.S
posted Hide Post
Taurus PT957
SIG P239x2
Sig P229x2
Sig P320
Sig 1911 Nightmare Carry

All in 357 Sig

"I'm sorry, did I break your concentration"?

Posts: 1513 | Location: Above water | Registered: September 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
As for the cost of 357 sig.... I buy my practice ammo from Georgia Arms at our local gun show....
500 rounds bulk in a 30 caliber ammo can for $165.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I didn't vote, as I don't own one, but I am always keeping an eye on the classified section for a .357 barrel for a 229 or a Sig Pro. I missed out on the last one that I saw come available.

If I can find a barrel, one of my 229s will be a home defense gun with that barrel installed.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
I've got a few... Cool

[2] HK USPc - My current EDC Wink
SIG P226
SIG P320c w/ X-Carry Grip Module

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8878 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
M&P full size in .357 Sig for a nightstand gun.
I have been shooting the same gun for the last 3 steel challenge matches. I love the sound it makes on steel!

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been carrying an HK P2000 LEM in .357 SIG for years. I like it so much I bought another one NIB to keep in the safe... just in case I needed a spare.

I have a SIG P229 with both .40 and .357 SIG barrels... don't think I've ever even put the .40 barrel in the gun.

The one with the most rounds downrange is my Glock 35. Years ago I sent the slide off to Jarvis gunsmithing and they fitted a .357 SIG barrel to it. That gun just shoots and shoots. Sweet ride. Same as the SIG, I carry the spare .40 barrel around in its gear bag but it never seems to get put into the gun.

I'm blanking on his name right now, but there is a custom guy out there that specialized in making direct impingement AR uppers for 7.62x25 Tok. I sent him all the parts and he made a 9" AR upper for me that runs on Glock .357 SIG mags. DI so very little recoil. DDLES lower.

And finally... you know you really like .357 SIG when you special order a custom T/C Contender barrel for it! I just made the order like a month ago. MGM, 12", full bull, Super 14 forend holes, stainless, spiral fluting with black in the flutes... I'm going to put a scope on it and find out just how well the cartridge can really do. I'll shoot a lot of vermin with it on my property and I may very well harvest an Okie deer or two with Gold Dots. If it would every get here... I knew it was going to take 2-3 months...

"Hope" is the thing with feathers -
That perches in the soul -

Posts: 687 | Location: Vinita, OK | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sig 229 that I use as a carry pistol and a Steyr M357 that I use mainly as a range toy but have carried on occasion.

Posts: 147 | Registered: January 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My edc is either a p229 in 357s or a m&p compact in 357s. I am a big fan of the round and its performance

if your gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough.

Posts: 148 | Location: enfield ct | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have one, a Glock gen4 G33.

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A 226R in 357 converted from DAK to DA/SA here. I also have a 40 conversion barrel and 22 LR slide conversion for it.

Also a 229 in 40 with a complete 357 upper to switch back and forth.

The round is cheap if you reload it. Nearly the same cost as reloaded 9mm for me so it's a no-brainer.

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GroundedCLK
posted Hide Post
I have a few of them and I love the caliber.

Sig 239
Sig 229
Sig 226
Sig 226 Elite
HK P30
HK USPc
HK P2000
Glock 32 x 4
Glock 33
Sig Fastback

Posts: 1843 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: January 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post