SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    If you rely on the 357 SIG cartridge in at least one defensive handgun, please take this poll.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you rely on the 357 SIG cartridge in at least one defensive handgun, please take this poll. Login/Join 
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted
If you have a handgun chambered for the 357 SIG cartridge that you carry or otherwise keep available for defensive purposes, please answer yes to the poll.

If you have more than one handgun intended for defensive purposes and they’re chambered for different cartridges (e.g., a 9mm P365 for carry and a 357 P226 as a house gun), please answer yes.

Note that the two “yes” answers are deliberate. They are for me to get some idea of the number of serious 357 SIG users here, and not for everyone else to participate in the poll. Of course, if you want to express your opinion that the cartridge is louder, is more expensive, is harder to find, and produces more recoil—all while being no more effective than a good 9mm based on your extensive experience shooting bad guys with both rounds, please feel free to do that in a separate post.

Question:
Do you have at least one handgun intended for defensive purposes that is chambered for the 357 SIG cartridge?

Choices:
Yes.
Yes, I do.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47407 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have 3 357 Sigs can I vote more then once Cool

Posts: 119 | Location: Locust Grove, Virginia | Registered: November 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nocturnalcreations:
I have 3 357 Sigs can I vote more then once Cool

You and I would skew the results pretty badly just by ourselves. Smile

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47407 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hairy2dawg
posted Hide Post
2 of them here. Love the round.

Posts: 1276 | Location: Athens, GA | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I have a P226R in 357SIG. It is the only gun I have in that caliber, and it is the only gun I have ever carried.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17276 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of warbird1
posted Hide Post
One full size P320, one P229 DAK SAS and one M&P all in 357 Sig. All started their lives as 40's. Speer Gold Dot is the carry round for the SAS.

If I want it... I need it !

Posts: 44 | Location: Heart of Dixie | Registered: May 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
226ST, pair of 320Fs, 250F, P2022, Steyr M357A1. Tried the XD (not as accurate as the SIGs or the Steyr) and the 226R (prefer steel or polymer with the 357SIG).

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
A P229 and P224 chambered for .357 SIG.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P229C SAS 357 SIG
P229 SAS 357 SIG
P239 SAS 357 SIG

Posts: 82 | Location: TENNESSEE | Registered: October 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a P226, P229, & a P239 in 357 Sig, I usually carry the P239...

Posts: 35 | Registered: October 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I have a few.

HK USP C
Glock 33 gen3
HK P2000
SIG P239
SIG P229
Glock 32 gen3
Glock 31 gen3
Glock 31 gen4 (issued)

I got tired of buying ammo so I switched my department over to it in 2008.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8018 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P226 p239 and HK P2000SK here

Posts: 140 | Location: Western New York | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P239 .357 SIG (x2)

________________________________________________________________________________________
“How dismal it is to see present day Americans yearning for the very orthodoxy that their country was founded to escape.” ~ Christopher Hitchens

Posts: 125 | Location: Pikesville, MD | Registered: February 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
SP2340
P226
P229
M&P Full Size

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Great Equalizer
Picture of colt_saa
posted Hide Post
Are you only looking for defensive 357SIG firearms that are manufacture by SIG?

I have almost as many non-SIG manufactured firearms as those that came from SIG

I have had more than one since the mid 1990s

Not only do I have 357SIG chambered firearms for defense, I also have 357SIG firearms for target shooting and even a few that are collectible

I am not going to bother with a list in this thread

------------------------------------------------------------------
NRA Benefactor . . . Certified Instructor . . . Certified RSO
SWCA

356TSW.com
45talk.com
RacingPlanetUSA.Com

Posts: 5179 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
I have 4 glocks and 2 sigs in 357 sig.

Posts: 7395 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Several:

HK P2000
Sig P239
Sig P229
Sig P226
Sig P2022
M&P 2.0 Compact
M&P 2.0 FS

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by colt_saa:
Are you only looking for defensive 357SIG firearms that are manufacture by SIG?

I'm asking about defensive handguns chambered for the cartridge made by any manufacturer, not all firearms, but not only SIGs.

6.4/93.6

— Plato

posted Hide Post
I am a big fan of the round as seen by my “handle”. However, I do not have one I use for defensive purposes so I feel I should not vote a screw up your survey.

It is good to see people own guns in that caliber. Sometimes I feel all alone in really enjoying the 357Sig round.

Posts: 4054 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have 3: my old P226R DAK duty gun, a P226 red box, and a P229 slide and frame that I bought and added a .357 Sig Bar-Sto barrel. It was our agency duty cartridge until 2019.

What, me worry?

Posts: 2126 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: September 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post