SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Looking to add a Sub Compact
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking to add a Sub Compact Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
What Q said. P365.

Posts: 1251 | Location: Oregon | Registered: March 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Looks like you already made your decision, I’ll add that I believe you made the right one.

I carry P365 daily, slips easily into front pocket of jeans and just disappears. Love it, easy to carry, comfortable to shoot and as accurate as a larger gun.

I haven’t touched my P938 since I got the P365.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10918 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A P365 with Flat trigger is ideal. I also rotate an XL grip module from time to time as its pretty close in size to a 365 with a pinky extension on the magazine. Still when it gets cold my p225s become my #1 carry pistol.

Posts: 263 | Registered: January 22, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I carry a 365 and my son carries an M&P Shield. He cannot wait to get rid of it and get an FN 509. He hates the trigger on the shield and clunkyness of it.

Posts: 37 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: July 01, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I hope you guys are right because I just bought a manual safety version from Brad in our classifieds. I have a 43 and a manual safety Shield. The Shield shoots well but that safety is just so tiny. For this style of carry gun I want a safety. Not a popular opinion probably. Shoot I’ve heard, and scratched my head at, the argument that safeties make a gun more dangerous. Well, ok. If it’s pointing at my femoral I want TDA or a safety. Call me a Luddite but there it is.

Never shot one surprisingly enough. Like I said I like shooting the Shield but the 43 never really felt that good shooting to me. I would take a 26 over my 43 every day.

Posts: 7346 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see OP already grabbed it but in case anyone else has similar questions and looks at this thread I think its currently really hard to beat the P365 or Hellcat for something that will fit in a pocket. YMMV but I would only grab a P365 NEW due to the olders issues. Everything else so far is about half capacity for the same size.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
I carry P365 daily, slips easily into front pocket of jeans and just disappears.

Not to drift the thread, but I finally have to ask: how are you guys stuffing a P365 into a jeans pocket and having it vanish? Confused All I can figure is that you and your jeans are way different from me and mine. Razz I can carry P365 in a jacket pocket fairly well, but I just can't make it work in a pants pocket.

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
I scoured the many local gun shops this morning for a 365; to include Cabela’s. Nothing. For months.

Heading home I stopped by Fleet Farm - Bingo!

Sold me their display model...it’s been in the case since last evening! LOL

Doing the paperwork now.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Congrats Ronin1069 on snagging the P365 you sought. Smile

I haven't bought a gun since 2010. That was a banner year with a pair of Dan Wesson CCOs (45ACP) and a Sig P238. This was obviously all pre-P365.
Here's one of my CCOs in an Andrews Leather IWB McDaniel II and the P238 in a RKBA pocket holster.

As far as a small 9mm goes I've had a FM M90 Detective since 1994 which is a "chopped" Hi-Power made in Argentina with Belgian FN equipment. It is 6.3” in length, with a 3.7” barrel, frame width (sans grips) is 1", weighs 30 oz unloaded, and takes standard Hi-Power magazines for 15 or more plus one in the tube.

By comparison the P365 is smaller and much lighter at 5.8" in length, 3.1" barrel, 1" wide, and 17.8 oz unloaded. BUT neither would be a pocket carry for me unlike the smaller P238 as that is about as big as I can carry in a pocket and deploy without problems. The Detective is carried either IWB or OWB as would the P365 were I to ever get one.

So although a P365 would be my choice for a small 9mm were I not already in possession of a FM Detective, for pocket carry the even smaller P238 is what works for me as, unlike the OP, I find the 380ACP quite doable. It is very accurate and controllable in the P238. And, as an aside, being a long time cocked and locked pistolero, the P238 has that going for it as well. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member!
posted Hide Post
While I love my p365, it isn't a front or rear "jeans pocket" carry pistol. You can get it in, but you can't get it out, and it'll print loudly. It's great for IWB or jacket pocket carry, or maybe even big pocket pants like 511's, but not jeans pocket carry. My Kahr cw380 is for actual jeans pocket or loose shorts/sweatpants type carry.

Posts: 4340 | Location: Boise, ID USA | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I usually do loose to regular fit and a desantis nemisis for pocket carry. If you like them closer to slim fit then it likely wont work I'd imagine. I'll add that putting a dot on my hellcat changed pocket carry to cargo pocket carry. The advantage is worth it however for my purposes.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Glad you found what makes you happy. My P365 gets only infrequent use, usually for a doctors appointment. It won't fit in my pocket though.

This would make a great 'pocket pistol' but the magazines are hard to come by. Razz

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
I’m a Glock guy - so normally I’d vote for the 43/43X but with the choices given the P365 is the best choice. I’ve owned one as well as a Shield and based on what you want it would be my choice.

Posts: 1957 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
P365 Cool

I've been raving about the P365 ever since I got it early last year. I waited a while for all the bugs to be worked out before jumping into the fray. Anything made in 2019 and after is gtg. I've owned 4 of them (one is the gimmicky SAS). Only have one left, the original one, and I have so far over a thousand rounds of all kinds of ammo through it without a single malfunction, and I have yet to give it a thorough cleaning. This thing handles +P ammo with ease. Recoil is quite manageable for such a small gun.

For me, it's the perfect carry gun. Ten rounds plus one in a subcompact that I can get all my fingers on the grip even without the pinky extension, and that I can easily pocket carry. I no longer carry the P228, and that should tell you how much I like the P365.

About the P365 Extra Large (XL), I know a lot of folks like it, but not me. It just has no appeal to me. A little longer here and there, and it sacrifices all the deep concealability of the original gun. That's my take on it.

Great review. I may have to get one!

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ll go out on the limb here and recommend
The 938 . Because of the small size of the
Subcompact frames , the striker fired sc guns have
A tendency to pull the shots off center .
The larger framed striker gun are less prone to it ,
Easier to master . The sig 938 has a repeatable 1911 type feel
To the trigger , crisp consistently repeatable , albeit a little
Heavy trigger , that lends itself to better accuracy .
Well at least that as been the case in my circles .
I find it interesting that some people are nervous about carrying a
Cocked and locked 1911 type ( (7 lb ) trigger ,with safety on ,
But have no qualms about carrying a pre torqued striker pistol
With no safety on it . You do give up round capacity with the 7+1 of the 938 ,
But I would strongly suggest trying both guns before committing to
A platform that might force you to alter your natural shooting abilities.

Posts: 26 | Location: Rockland county NY  | Registered: December 30, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MrToad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
quote:
Originally posted by tigereye313:

...That said my pm9 is still smaller and slimmer.

As is its almost twin and cheaper brother the CM9.

Not in any significant way... The PM9/CM9 and the P365 are functionally identical in size, yet the P365 has a better trigger and holds 4 more rounds (10 vs 6), with the option of 12 and 15 round magazines too.

Rogue & BigSwede, I'm a PM9/MK9 owner and was wondering how the trigger action compared between the PM9 and P365. Thinking about selling my PM9 to fund a P365.

If you like religion, laws or sausage, then you shouldn't watch them being made.

Posts: 3342 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: April 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My subcompacts for Sigs are P938,P365 and P365XL but the P365 is my go to gun for carry.

Posts: 24 | Registered: January 04, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
You have gotten tons of info on the P365 and others. I will just add my 2 cents on the Walther.

When I was looking for CCW..I really wanted to like the PPS. Everyone raves about them. Got it and it felt like I was shooting a gun make from a 2x4. Sold it immediately.

After the PPS M2, I waited and watched all the reviews. Then I got it. Same experience. Got rid of it as well.

Loved the PPQ...but that is something altogether different.

I will say that despite my agreement with the P365, I cannot being myself to part with my Glock 43. I did get rid of the Shields.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
I carry P365 daily, slips easily into front pocket of jeans and just disappears.

Not to drift the thread, but I finally have to ask: how are you guys stuffing a P365 into a jeans pocket and having it vanish? Confused All I can figure is that you and your jeans are way different from me and mine. Razz I can carry P365 in a jacket pocket fairly well, but I just can't make it work in a pants pocket.

quote:
Originally posted by Xer0:
While I love my p365, it isn't a front or rear "jeans pocket" carry pistol. You can get it in, but you can't get it out, and it'll print loudly. It's great for IWB or jacket pocket carry, or maybe even big pocket pants like 511's, but not jeans pocket carry. My Kahr cw380 is for actual jeans pocket or loose shorts/sweatpants type carry.

Well, I wear Cabela’s jeans and got a lot of junk in my trunk. Not some soy boy, skinny Jean wearing Starbuck’s commando. Wink

Actually, the front pocket on my Cabela’s jeans were TOO big and had to be reduced by sewing through them them to close off the excess.

Desantis super fly pocket holster that stays in pocket while gun is drawn with rectangular flap to disguise shape. To the slightly aware, it might appear that I had a wallet in my front pocket.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10918 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
I carried a PM9 for about 13 years, front right pocket carry in a Desantis Superfly, loved that gun. I never thought about changing up until the 365 came along, going from 7 rounds to 11 is a game changer to me and roughly the same size.

I finally found a bright stainless one a couple of months ago after looking since about Feb., luckily at a shop where i'm known and didn't get gouged. I took it straight to the range and put 100 rounds through it, instant love. Bought it a new Superfly and it's with me every day

About every other week PSA has them available, you can sign up to get email alerts

Carried a PM9 for about 10 years as well. As soon as I got my 365 broken in, the PM9 got traded off.

Posts: 1181 | Location: DFW Metromess | Registered: May 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post