SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Condition 3 glock holster.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Condition 3 glock holster. Login/Join 
posted
This came across my face book feed today.

All i have to say is, answer to a question no one asked.

https://m.facebook.com/story.p...6&id=432473226773551

For those that follow the link.

Glock holster. Clock condition 3

rotate glock 45 degrees counter clock wise on a pivet point.

Push down on glock handle till the slide is drawn back and a round is chambered.

Continue to draw as normal, but at a 45 degree counter clockwise cant.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Jethro as in Bodine?

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried to find the vid on you tube. I am not sure exactly what it is called. The closest thing i have found is a air soft company.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Yeah. No thanks, lol.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Hmmm...

quote:
Jethro International Inc.
Address: 35 West Ave, Nayong Kanluran, Quezon City, 1104 Metro Manila, Philippines

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6211 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Talk about "riding the slide". Looks like trouble.

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
There was a similar holster design discussed on the forum a few years ago, from a company in Spain.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/...s-automatic-holster/

As the OP said, it's a solution in search of a problem. Condition 3 carry is a relic of a bygone era, where guns weren't drop safe, holsters were rudimentary, and internal/external safety mechanisms couldn't be fully relied upon.

Posts: 32493 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
There was a similar holster design discussed on the forum a few years ago, from a company in Spain.

Similar concept. The gun is holstered with an empty chamber. When needed, the user pushes down on the grip until the slide is fully retracted, chambered a round, and then the retention on the holster disengages and allows the gun to be drawn.

As the OP said, it's a solution in search of a problem.

I wonder if this is a product directed at police/security forces that have to carry condition 3? Still seems unnecessary.

Posts: 2957 | Location: NM | Registered: July 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post

The videos there are amusing. I could be a lot faster too if I didn’t have to hit the target after drawing and firing. The comment about the video was also enlightening; I never knew that rushing a shot would cause a malfunction. (Those Glocks. Wink )

It wouldn’t surprise me in the least if there are police/military forces that are required to carry with empty chambers. If so, we can scoff as much as we want, but most professional gun-toters around the world have no choice about such things and if I were in that situation I’d be happy for a holster like that.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

If you're that afraid to carry a Glock with a chambered round so it is actually useful when you need it instead of a club (they are too light to be effective for this) or throwing object, buy another kind of gun. Good God. Roll Eyes

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Absolutely silly. If the requirement was to carry with nothing in the chamber, then it seems that cycling a round after draw is far less likely to result in a failure. Still dumb.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After you fire a round and a new goes in , then when you draw do you loose the live round when you draw?

Posts: 621 | Location: GA | Registered: September 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of qcsmitty
posted Hide Post
I can see it practical for one-armed users opposed to carrying chambered. Otherwise, not.

Posts: 3778 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How would one re-holster the gun ?? Do you unload it every time you want to holster ???

This doesn't seem like a good idea at all .....

Posts: 1272 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like a 200 decibel CLICK waiting to happen. Eek

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I think there are places where you can't carry one in the chamber. (Not in this country).

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:

If you're that afraid to carry a Glock with a chambered round so it is actually useful when you need it instead of a club (they are too light to be effective for this) or throwing object, buy another kind of gun. Good God. Roll Eyes

I have known folks who carry Glocks who take it as gospel that carrying condition 1 with any gun will lead to you shooting yourself. They tend to be patronizing towards anyone who does carry the normal way.

quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:

The videos there are amusing. I could be a lot faster too if I didn’t have to hit the target after drawing and firing. The comment about the video was also enlightening; I never knew that rushing a shot would cause a malfunction. (Those Glocks. Wink )

It wouldn’t surprise me in the least if there are police/military forces that are required to carry with empty chambers. If so, we can scoff as much as we want, but most professional gun-toters around the world have no choice about such things and if I were in that situation I’d be happy for a holster like that.

Someone posted that the maker is in the Phillipines. I'm just guessing that they're not allowed to carry w/round chambered over there. From this point, you're debating the merits of racking one handed out of the holster vs. two handed slide manipulation. Seems ridiculous to us, but that would be the world they live in.

Posts: 2957 | Location: NM | Registered: July 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Highway:
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:

I have known folks who carry Glocks who take it as gospel that carrying condition 1 with any gun will lead to you shooting yourself. They tend to be patronizing towards anyone who does carry the normal way.

quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:

Someone posted that the maker is in the Phillipines. I'm just guessing that they're not allowed to carry w/round chambered over there. From this point, you're debating the merits of racking one handed out of the holster vs. two handed slide manipulation. Seems ridiculous to us, but that would be the world they live in.

The video is from the phillipines, The product we are unsure about. The closest i have found is a european air soft company.

Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
WTF is that? No thanks. That would defeat every piece of training I have had and there is no way I want to train myself to use such a retarded system.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16391 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post