SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Vicker’s Glock 19 question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vicker’s Glock 19 question Login/Join 
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted
Can anyone who’s into these Vicker’s edition Glocks answer a question? What Gen Glock is the newest version of the Vicker’s G19? I know it has the RTF2 grip, does that determine the gen of the Glock?? Help!

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
Can anyone who’s into these Vicker’s edition Glocks answer a question? What Gen Glock is the newest version of the Vicker’s G19? I know it has the RTF2 grip, does that determine the gen of the Glock?? Help!

All RTF2 Glocks are Gen3, Vickers or not.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Gotcha, thank you! I’m looking at a ZEV Trigger and couldn’t tell which one I needed.

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I try not to ask dumb questions. I went to the Glock website and entered "RTF2" in the little search window, zero results.

Here's the dumb question: What is "RTF2?"

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
It’s alright V Tail. I can’t keep them straight either. RTF2 refers to the specific texture on this generation of Glock.

I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I try not to ask dumb questions. I went to the Glock website and entered "RTF2" in the little search window, zero results.

Here's the dumb question: What is "RTF2?"

Specifically

Rough
Textured
Frame
Vs 2

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was originally offered for a short time as most thought it too aggressive and glock changed it. I happen to prefer it, obviously the general market did not. But it must have a strong following because Glock has bought back a limited run of them currently. They are all G3.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
And, to add to the confusion, the "Vickers" RTF2 is less aggressive than the original plain 'ol Glock RTF2. I'll qualify that statement by saying I have owned both and am not confusing terminology.

If I had to expain the difference, the original RTF2 polymid is a pyramid, and the Vicker's RTF2 is a pyramid missing the capstone.

Posts: 17124 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
And, to add to the confusion, the "Vickers" RTF2 is less aggressive than the original plain 'ol Glock RTF2. I'll qualify that statement by saying I have owned both and am not confusing terminology.

If I had to expain the difference, the original RTF2 polymid is a pyramid, and the Vicker's RTF2 is a pyramid missing the capstone.

Technically speaking, that was supposed to be RTF3, which was advertised to clients at the time of RTF2 launch. Gen4 texture is basically RTF3 with even more taken off of the top.

Posts: 122 | Location: California | Registered: July 09, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:

I agree with you, but only with the colored Vickers. The black Vickers actually reverts to the original RTF2. I got rid of my colored Vickers because they were not up to my standard of roughness. The black Vickers remains with me.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Hmm...the black Vickers frames we got through the shop were also less aggressive than the originals. I was set to buy one of these G19s when they first went live but was put off when I compared them directly against my fish gill RTF2 G17. The difference is subtle for the unfamiliar but quite evident to anyone who's shot with an original RTF2 frame for any amount of time.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Hmm...the black Vickers frames we got through the shop were also less aggressive than the originals. I was set to buy one of these G19s when they first went live but was put off when I compared them directly against my fish gill RTF2 G17. The difference is subtle for the unfamiliar but quite evident to anyone who's shot with an original RTF2 frame for any amount of time.

Well, I must have a special black Vickers, then. Because I am holding it side by side with the original RTF2, and they are equally very rough. I made the same comment, when I received the black Vickers for the first time. I was pleasantly surprised. Cool

Q

addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Well you know, 12131, that all of us here on the forum DO consider you a special kind of guy.

I wouldn't begin to declare why there would be a difference. But perhaps yours was from an earlier batch; I do recall that our first Vickers Glocks came in well after the initial release of the guns to market; our buyer as usually missed out on the early run. Perhaps it might be that Glock had switched to different or new molds mid-stream during the black frame run that they then continued to use as the FDE frames went into production. But it's all conjecture at this point.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by glow:
quote:

Technically speaking, that was supposed to be RTF3, which was advertised to clients at the time of RTF2 launch. Gen4 texture is basically RTF3 with even more taken off of the top.

Yup, and bigger polymids.

That there's some disagreement about the texture on the black Vicker's between two posters who would know makes me wonder if you're both right. I have two Gen 2 19's that are in very nice shape, and both feel different in the hand, only a year or two apart. Glock changes little things here and there with the molds and doesn't say anything about it, I'm pretty sure of that.

Posts: 17124 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I prefer DTF (Dusty78 textured finish) Cool

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hillbilly Dan
posted Hide Post
My grey Vickers Glock 19 is a Gen 3 Glock. It is by the way a great performing gun. It has many things upgraded and added to it which make it just about the perfect carry gun in performance and feel.
Hillbilly Dan
Life Member NRA

Posts: 317 | Location: Murray, KY | Registered: June 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post