SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Mounting the Aimpoint ACRO P-1 ... questions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mounting the Aimpoint ACRO P-1 ... questions Login/Join 
posted
(assuming it ships!) The unit mounts with a screw clamp to a rail/bar that appears to be "center slide" ... I'm sure there are better terms/words. This brings up a couple question to me:

1) Will the milling shops be able to mill slides directly for the clamp?

2) This would seem to make narrower slides available for mounting since the limit or problem with RMR is the width of the mounting holes/screws. For example (if I'm correct) the rather narrow CZ could be direct milled and not need a mounting plate?

Further thoughts?

Posts: 1417 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Slides can be directly milled for the Acro, although it's a bit trickier than many of the other mini red dot optics.

There are already a few shops that currently offer slide milling for Acro P1s. http://primarymachine.com/ is one of them.

They do offer Acro milling for CZ slides. Primary Machine lists it as available for the CZ 75, SP-01, SP-01 Tactical (including Shadow & Shadow 2), P-07, P-09, P-10C, P-10F, P-10S, and 97.

http://primarymachine.com/cz-optic-milling/

But they can also mill CZ slides for many other mini red dots too, so it's not like the Acro is the only option for CZs.

Posts: 32414 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Slides can be directly milled for the Acro, although it's a bit trickier than many of the other mini red dot optics.

There are already a few shops that currently offer slide milling for Acro P1s. http://primarymachine.com/ is one of them.

They do offer Acro milling for CZ slides. Primary Machine lists it as available for the CZ 75, SP-01, SP-01 Tactical (including Shadow & Shadow 2), P-07, P-09, P-10C, P-10F, P-10S, and 97.

http://primarymachine.com/cz-optic-milling/

But they can also mill CZ slides for many other mini red dots too, so it's not like the Acro is the only option for CZs.

Thank you. A further question please. Is the Primary Machine milling on a CZ slide direct, or do they use an adapter plate?

Thanks again.

Posts: 1417 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Direct milling.

Posts: 32414 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
There are also mounting plates

I have an Acro on a Glock MOS

I wish I could find another one

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any feedback on the acro vs rmr so far? I've been oddly drawn to it.

Posts: 3040 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anubismp:

I'm also curios ...

Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Dunno. Talk of milling slides and adding an unknown mass makes me cringe. It seems like the engineers made the slides a specific mass and thickness for a reason.

But I'm no expert.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Placed an order for an ACRO Friday for my P320-M17 - now the waiting.

Michael

Posts: 1093 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anubismp:

I will probably go on a rant … er, discussion of optical sights on guns that are carried in holsters all the time, but until then, the huge advantage—IMO, of course—of the Acro is that it’s a closed device. I cannot imagine carrying and relying on any of the traditional sights suitable for mounting on pistols for any serious purpose. Unless one lives and operates in a sterile environment like walking around an airport all day.

The ones that have a huge open catchment behind the lens will … well, sooner or later catch water, snow, dust, dirt, and perhaps the latest McFlurry. Once that happens, the gun will be sightless. It won’t matter if there are large irons that extend above the base of the RMR because it won’t be possible to look through to see the front sight, much less the target.

The ground-breaking advantage of the Acro P-1 is that when the rear window becomes obscured it will be a simple matter of wiping the obscurant off with one’s thumb*, which is not possible with sights that have a bowl to hold obscurants and resist their removal. That will still be slower than engaging the target if that huge optical device wasn’t in the way, but not much.

I am very interested in the Acro and hope to learn how they work in actual use. If anyone gets one, please keep us posted.

* Sort of. But at least easier than any other RMR sight I am familiar with.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47363 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I really like the Acro...mine was delivered the Saturday before Easter

I got it, mounted it and...

Promptly had emergency surgery on my spine Easter morning

So I haven’t gotten to shoot it yet

observations...

I always had trouble picking up the dot with the trijicon RMRs

When I started using the deltapoint pro it was a whole different ballgame

I was worried the Acro would be like looking through a tunnel and I would struggle with the dot

I don’t. The deltapoint still has a larger window, but I pick up the acro just as quickly (I get to do a lot of dry fire here confined to my bed)

I also have a bad astigmatism and the aimpoint dots, for whatever reason, show up clearer to me...this is true with the comp m4, the T2, and the comp M5 I have looked through. And it is the same with the acro.

It’s also very light. Mounts well to the pistol. It’s not as high on the gun as the deltapoint..obviously it is a rectangle so it’s max height is maintained for the entire optic, but it is smaller than a deltapoint

If I could find another I would buy it. I guess I just got really lucky with this one. I’m hoping sometime in the next two weeks the damage to the nerves in my spine heals some and I can go shoot it

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
I really like the Acro...mine was delivered the Saturday before Easter

I got it, mounted it and...

Promptly had emergency surgery on my spine Easter morning

Kevbo ... thanks for the observations!

I hope your recovery/rehab goes flawlessly ... take care.

Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
The new Trijicon looks interesting, but they did not choose to seal the rear, same issues sigfreund addressed.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matthew03:
The new Trijicon looks interesting, but they did not choose to seal the rear, same issues sigfreund addressed.

Trijicon SRO

Q

Posts: 26192 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by matthew03:

Trijicon SRO

Maybe they'll release a version with the RMR battery setup and sealed top end.

Posts: 6029 | Location: Romeo, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Finally...after almost 4 months. Screws shipped weren't the correct size and I had to modify the base plate slightly to accept the correct M4x.7 screws. From what I've read on various forums, the screw/base plate discrepancy was due to lack of precise schematics provided to Aimpoint.

Michael

Posts: 1093 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My ACRO also arrived a couple of days ago after 5 months. I promptly mounted it on an MOS Glock no issues. I can't tell exactly from your picture but I'm guessing no chance of backup irons on the M17???

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
My ACRO also arrived a couple of days ago after 5 months. I promptly mounted it on an MOS Glock no issues. I can't tell exactly from your picture but I'm guessing no chance of backup irons on the M17???

Correct - would take some fancy milling and I don't think there's enough metal there to work with. Haven't tried it yet but since the ACRO is a tube it can work a little like a rear aperture sight if the dot goes down.

Michael

posted Hide Post
Of course the DPP always had that option and now springer precision have figured out a solution for their RMR plate, so it can be done.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post