SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    SAIG 229 & M11-A1
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SAIG 229 & M11-A1 Login/Join 
posted
I would appreciate how SIG lovers poll the 229 & M11-A1 (9mm of course.)

Question:
Which pistol wins on aesthetics?

Choices:
M11-A1
Equal
Not Sure

Question:
Which pistol is more suited for CCW?

Choices:
M11-A1
Equal
Not Sure

Question:
Which pistol is more accurate?

Choices:
M11-A1
Equal
Not Sure

Question:
Which pistol has less "perceived recoil?"

Choices:
M11-A1
Equal
Not Sure

Question:
If you could only have one, which pistol would you own?

Choices:
M11-A1
Equal
Not Sure

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
For the P229 are we talking long or short extractor?

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

Posts: 3088 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dcowboyscr:
For the P229 are we talking long or short extractor?

Sorry DCCowboysscr but I did not even think about specifying the 229 that specifically. My thoughts were the 229 general. I hope you can answer or respond to the poll with that thought in mind and not considering whether it has a really long or short extractor.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Only reason I choose the M11A1 over the "general" P229 is that it has no rail.
General P229 means current (non-legacy slide) production gun.

Q

Posts: 26317 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

Oriental Redneck: Is a legacy slide something that is continued on a current gun but was on a previous gun which was discontinued such as the 228?

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SSAreGreat:
quote:

Oriental Redneck: Is a legacy slide something that is continued on a current gun but was on a previous gun which was discontinued such as the 228?

The original P229 had the half height serrations and short external extractor for its slide. SIG eventually did away with that slide, when they came out with the full height serrations and long external extractor P229, around 2009. That's what the current production P229 looks like. So, they call the old slide the "legacy" slide.

This year, SIG just released a limited run of the legacy slide P229, with fancy G10 grips, and call them the P229 Classic Carry.
See example here: https://www.budsgunshop.com/ca...29+9MM+CLASSIC+CARRY

Q

Posts: 26317 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SSAreGreat:
quote:

The original P229 had the half height serrations and short external extractor for its slide. SIG eventually did away with that slide, when they came out with the full height serrations and long external extractor P229, around 2009. That's what the current production P229 looks like. So, they call the old slide the "legacy" slide.

This year, SIG just released a limited run of the legacy slide P229, with fancy G10 grips, and call them the P229 Classic Carry.
See example here: https://www.budsgunshop.com/ca...29+9MM+CLASSIC+CARRY

Thanks for the post. Very interesting. I always learn a lot on this Forum.

posted Hide Post
I voted equal for all because the M11-A1 is a P229. And there's so many different P229 models. If you're getting a P229, decide what options you want then determine which version matches your wants.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post