SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Rattler Pistol - Handstop recommendations?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rattler Pistol - Handstop recommendations? Login/Join 
posted
Just picked up a used Rattler pistol and I like it a lot. Took it to the range for the first time and decided I’d like to have a small handstop or AFG up front.

Anyone have any personal recommendations?

I was looking at the BCM handstops, but it might be a little big for the rattler.

Thanks for any input!

Posts: 139 | Registered: February 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Make sure it's a handstop and not a Vertical Foregrip which would make it an AOW / NFA item.

I use the Magpul MLOK handstop on my CZ Scorpion pistol and it works great (I think the rattler is MLOK as well).

https://www.magpul.com/firearm.../m-lok-hand-stop-kit

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use Arisaka Defense's finger stop on my short barreled affairs. Extremely minimal.

https://arisakadefense.com/col...s/finger-stop-keymod

Posts: 5159 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You know the funnels they put on sick dogs? The rattler needs one of those installed just before the muzzle.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3523 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
BCM KAG for me. Available in M-Lok as well as original KeyMod these days.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
I use Arisaka Defense's finger stop on my short barreled affairs.

I second this. Their VFG and optics level kit are also great products.

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the recommendation, I’ve never heard of arisaka defense, I’ll definitely check it out

Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I have a new one from KAC I’m not using

Posts: 3078 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wildheartedson0105:
quote:

I use their light mounts as well and have one of their Scout clones. Good everything.

Posts: 5159 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

If you can, try it before you buy it.

I like the Arisaka finger stop on longer handguards, like my 15" AR. And Arisaka makes great gear.

However, on short handguards like on the Rattler, my wrist doesn't sit right to work with a flat, minimalist hand stop like that. I need a bit more angle for my wrist to be able to rest comfortably at such a short arm extension.

For example, my shortest handguard is on my CZ Scorpion EVO, where I've used a Stark Industries angled foregrip, which I've found to be very comfortable:

But everyone's built differently, so it may work for you.

Posts: 32490 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Press hard,
Three copies
posted Hide Post
I’ve settled on the Naroh Arms, positive stop but not rough on ungloved hands.

A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Posts: 2200 | Location: VA | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Make sure it's a handstop and not a Vertical Foregrip which would make it an AOW / NFA item.

I use the Magpul MLOK handstop on my CZ Scorpion pistol and it works great (I think the rattler is MLOK as well).

https://www.magpul.com/firearm.../m-lok-hand-stop-kit

I'm happy with the Magpul product on my B&T APC9. Just enough of a stop to do the job.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
quote:

If you can, try it before you buy it.

I like the Arisaka finger stop on longer handguards, like my 15" AR. And Arisaka makes great gear.

However, on short handguards like on the Rattler, my wrist doesn't sit right to work with a flat, minimalist hand stop like that. I need a bit more angle for my wrist to be able to rest comfortably at such a short arm extension.

You bring up a good point regarding ergonomics that I had not considered. I used the Arisaka stop on a FAL (replaced by a Arisaka VFG) so to be fair, I wasn't exactly cramped for space.

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ended up trying a magpul m lok AFG, I shaved it down so it fits pretty flush all the way back against the magwell, only downside is I have to totally remove the upper to take the BCG out.

Grip fees really good and more natural than breaking my wrist down on such a short handguard like you were saying.