SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Glock 34 gen 5
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 34 gen 5 Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
Hell yeah! What a sweet shooter! I probably overpaid by about $50 or so, but I don't care.

The finger grooves never bothered me at all, but damn do I like them not being there. I never realized how much nicer the grip is without them. Straight from the box to the range, along with my G41 and 30s and a fun day at the range.

It shoots like a Glock 34 should... Very accurate. I love it. I still have my gen 3 34 but I doubt it will be shot much now.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
When you can follow up with more range reports and pics?
I've been thinking of either a 19X or a 17 Gen 5 but the 34 is tempting if one pops up.

thanks

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I have all 3 and love all 3. My 34 has a deltapoint Pro on it that I like very much...better than the trijicons RMRs

The 19X is great as a suppressor host, because you can’t get a gen 5 threaded barrel easily yet, and the gen 4 Glock 19 threaded barrel fit the gen 5 19 variants, including the X. I was surprised how much I like the 19X. It seemed like an answer in search of a problem to me....I was wrong...it balances and shoots very, very well

And finally, the old reliable 17. I probably shoot it the least. I carry a gen 5 19 every day, and my wife really likes the 34 as a nightstand gun so that gets shot a lot, and then the 19X with the can....but that’s not a knock on the 17 at all

If I could only have one, it’d be th 19

If I could only have 2 it’d be another 19 Smile

But for the third one I’d probably pick the 34 in a tight race over the 19X

quote:
Originally posted by Nframe:
When you can follow up with more range reports and pics?
I've been thinking of either a 19X or a 17 Gen 5 but the 34 is tempting if one pops up.

thanks

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
Kevbo, thanks

I have a gen 5, 19 and really like it. Carrying it now in fact.

My neighbor lent me his 19x yesterday for some range time, I liked it but shot my 19 better. I do have around 2000 rounds through mine though.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been shooting the crap out of my 2 19x's (probably about 2500 rounds total) and love them but a gen 5 G34 might find its way into the mix. Always loved the G34, and without the finger grooves i think it would be perfect.

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
I have all 3 and love all 3. My 34 has a deltapoint Pro on it that I like very much...better than the trijicons RMRs

Kevbo ... I'm interested in your Deltapoint Pro set-up. Is this the CORE model or did you have the slide milled? Do you have co-witnessed irons? What type iron sight did you use, and do you know the height of the front post?. I appreciate any information/observation you have to offer,

Posts: 1417 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can only get the gen 5 34 in the MOS, so it’s mounted with the Glock plates. The Pro sits up higher than I expected. I had some Ameriglo suppressor height night sights from a previous spin with a 17 MOS and a trijicon RMR 6 that I put on this gun and they cannot co-witness. I believe the only sights that cowitness with the pro mounted on a Glock MoS gun are the ultra high Dawson sights.

But

As it turns out I am a better shooter with the Pro because of it. My problem with the mini red dots before is I would index the sights then find the dot. Well, if I found the damn sights already I don’t need the dot, jus pull the trigger. With the Pro two things happen: 1) because the sights won’t cowitness I HAVE to find the dot....which is fine because 2) the bigger, more open window on the Pro and the way it sits I get the dot way, way faster

I might get a set of Dawson’s at some point and put them on it because I like having irons to backup the red dot, but I shoot this gun way, way better than previous glocks I have put the red dots on

quote:
Originally posted by bpnkrtn:
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:

Kevbo ... I'm interested in your Deltapoint Pro set-up. Is this the CORE model or did you have the slide milled? Do you have co-witnessed irons? What type iron sight did you use, and do you know the height of the front post?. I appreciate any information/observation you have to offer,

——————————————————

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately I'm a Gen 5 fan. It would have been so much easier on financially if I wasn't. Got the 17 with Ameriglos and the Gen 5 34. I really like that they got rid of the hole on the top front of the slide. It balances better for me. And this is one slick shooting pistiol. I'm getting another one to just have as an extra. So I'll have things for sale shortly.

Posts: 4657 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also think I am buying another gen 5 34...my wife really likes the one with the RMR, so I am seriously considering a second for me with just irons

quote:
Originally posted by andronicus:
Unfortunately I'm a Gen 5 fan. It would have been so much easier on financially if I wasn't. Got the 17 with Ameriglos and the Gen 5 34. I really like that they got rid of the hole on the top front of the slide. It balances better for me. And this is one slick shooting pistiol. I'm getting another one to just have as an extra. So I'll have things for sale shortly.

——————————————————

posted Hide Post
My next GSSF coupon is going to be used for a G34Gen5 MOS. Which will probably get a deltapoint pro.

Posts: 500 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: December 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I would like to get my hands on a Gen5 34 for some range time before I buy. I really wonder if the advantage is big enough to get away from the 17. I have got about 6k down the pipe on the Gen5 17 right now, and man, I'm hear to tell you that I can shoot the crap out of it.

I taught a private class this weekend and taught it with a 17. Of that, I did a bunch of demos that the gun really shined. One was one shot draws on a one inch square at five yards. Wound up averaging 1.4-1.5 seconds from the draw to make the hit. Shot three rounds on a demo from the fifty yard line. They landed within about a three inch group. And lastly, it took me 5 rounds to hit an orange clay pigeon from 50. The gun is awesome. And it is a stock box duty pistol.

Glock got this one right.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
jljones you have mail

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I traded my G34 Gen 4 in on a Gen 5, major improvement, the mag release doesn't dig into my palm anymore, no finger grooves, better trigger even with my G34 having a Ghost connector, stock is better with the Gen5.

Havent put an optic on it yet, just using the stock sights even though I got the MOS version, the rear sight was offset to the right as some have reported straight from glock. Maybe thats why I don't shoot left with it now LOL.

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t think the 34 is necessarily so much better than the 17, but if you can afford both, it’s nice to have

I actually think I shoot the 19 best of all of them, then the 34, then the 19X then the 17. But we’re really talking 1a-1d. Only one I didn’t like was the 26. It actually moved in my hand more than the its previous generation counterparts. Plus, truthfully, there isn’t s place I would use the 26 over 19. If I want smaller than the 19 I go to the 43

quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I would like to get my hands on a Gen5 34 for some range time before I buy. I really wonder if the advantage is big enough to get away from the 17. I have got about 6k down the pipe on the Gen5 17 right now, and man, I'm hear to tell you that I can shoot the crap out of it.

I taught a private class this weekend and taught it with a 17. Of that, I did a bunch of demos that the gun really shined. One was one shot draws on a one inch square at five yards. Wound up averaging 1.4-1.5 seconds from the draw to make the hit. Shot three rounds on a demo from the fifty yard line. They landed within about a three inch group. And lastly, it took me 5 rounds to hit an orange clay pigeon from 50. The gun is awesome. And it is a stock box duty pistol.

Glock got this one right.

——————————————————

posted Hide Post
This is not directly related. But over the years of iron sighted competition shooting I went longer and longer eventually shooting mostly a 17L if the rules let me. But since I have fully converted to RMR for sighting I'm going the other way. The 17L (which actually ran an aimpoint in the beginning) went to the 34 MOS then went to the 17 MOS went to the 19 MOS. I don't like the 19 grip frame so I've been using a G517 as my benchmark. But the 19x has changed that and I have one of those out to be milled and that's the 2018 gun. I have found that with an RMR barrel length makes little difference in accuracy at <25yds. So there is no point is having a longer radius. FWIW. My experience.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10996 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A third party source data [i.e. take it for what it is worth] is that in Bureau's testing the 26 was the most intrinsically accurate Glock on all distances, not just <25.
Good call on the 19x, mine is pleasure to shoot, irons or DPP that I have on right now.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
jljones you have mail

Back to you

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YVK:
A third party source data [i.e. take it for what it is worth] is that in Bureau's testing the 26 was the most intrinsically accurate Glock on all distances, not just <25.
Good call on the 19x, mine is pleasure to shoot, irons or DPP that I have on right now.

Interesting, a Glock rep once made the comment that the 26 was the most accurate, because he said "it gave Gaston less time to fuck it up" before it left the barrel due to the shorter barrel. Big Grin

www.opspectraining.com

posted Hide Post
That is indeed funny.
I've seen some stupendous groups shot with a G26.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YVK:
That is indeed funny.
I've seen some stupendous groups shot with a G26.

Some years back during the Gen 3 timeframe Glock INC. stated the G3O was their most accurate Pistol.

Posts: 604 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post