SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig P320 owners, a quick question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P320 owners, a quick question Login/Join 
Picture of dc54
posted
When you move your FCU from one frame to another, is your trigger pull consistent between frames?

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I've moved mine back and forth between a compact and subcompact railed and non railed (9mm). I noticed no change.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yes.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
I've moved mine between a carry and a compact, noticed no difference.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only thing I have noticed is that mine tends to have the double click when dry firing when in the compact module than it does in the carry module. I just installed an Apex flat faced trigger in the hopes of eliminating trigger sting. There is zero double click with the APex trigger installed.

Posts: 255 | Location: Oregon | Registered: April 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am sure this was just in my head but I went from a full size to a compact and I noticed a better trigger pull. But when I switched to another compact frame it felt the same.

I bet it is just a placebo effect but you know how that goes.

Posts: 550 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No difference between compact and sub compact. I do shoot the compact better.

Posts: 241 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a P320 9mm compact that I sometimes use on a subcompact grip module. I haven't noticed any difference in trigger action with the same FCU in the different grip modules.

Posts: 372 | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bcjwriter
posted Hide Post
no change...

Posts: 1965 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: July 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just on a principle level how is that possible?

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
Just on a principle level how is that possible?

My guess is the grip is slightly different between full, compact, and subcompact. This changes how we interact with the trigger in subtle ways.

Posts: 122 | Location: California | Registered: July 09, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've no issue that an individual might have different trigger perceptions based on grip size but I took the original post to mean the FCU behaved differently.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 11002 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only way I could see it changing would be if the trigger shoe or trigger bar rubbed against the grip module. My P320 is with SIG right now, so I can't look to see what kind of clearance there is to guess whether that's at all likely.

I could see it change slightly between slides, as the sear is interfacing with a different striker asssembly, but I'd imagine any change would be essentially unnoticeable.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had no problems switching FCU's around between grip modules and have not seen a change in the trigger pull.

I've even moved my 1st Gen module from my P320FS to my X5 with no issues.

Posts: 2486 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
quote:
The only way I could see it changing would be if the trigger shoe or trigger bar rubbed against the grip module.

I've had this very thing happen to me with my Team SIG gun.

When I switched over to a large FS grip module, the trigger bar would drag up against the side wall of the module ever so slightly. However it was enough to change the feel of the trigger. I think a few quick hits with fine-grit sandpaper solved the problem quick.

Posts: 12542 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dc54
posted Hide Post
If there is no difference between grip modules, would it be possible to just send in the FCU for trigger enhancement to either Robert Burke or Grayguns?

Sigs, HKs, 1911s, Berettas, Glocks and SW revolvers

Posts: 1034 | Location: GA | Registered: February 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post