SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ruger Mk IV 22/45 Lite - I has one
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger Mk IV 22/45 Lite - I has one Login/Join 
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted
A LGS/sporting goods shop was having a sale on all Rugers, so I picked up a black one Saturday and took it out shooting Sunday. No stoppages that weren't operator (I may have "short-stroked" the bolt the first couple of times chambering) or ammo (two duds) related. I have never owned a Ruger .22 before, but I have read plenty about the old-style ones' field stripping and reassembly issues. All I can say is they should have made it like this the first time. Just push a button, the whole upper receiver lifts off the frame, and you pull the bolt out. This is all you need for normal cleaning. The fire control components all stay in the lower receiver/frame. The actual barrel, visible through the shroud, is actually extremely thin, but it has a nut securing it on the front that I assume would put compression on it. The nut is torqued, epoxy glued in place, and only the factory should ever remove it.

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...900024034#1900024034

Set this one up for the wife. I’ve made a list of ammo that it likes but settled on CCI Standard, CCI MiniMags and Federal GameShock as they are currently easily available. I also really enjoy it! I never struggled too much with the MKII takedown and reassembly but the MKIV is so much nicer to clean.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8340 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fz4vgq
posted Hide Post
Love mine except the trigger pull. It's getting the full Volquartsen action kit.

Posts: 2463 | Location: Winter Wonderland | Registered: April 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
Already have a Ruger Mark III Hunter with full Volquartsen treatment but I’m looking to buy a Mark IV.

Should I go with the Tactical or Lite model?

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ewills
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aparoche:

Should I go with the Tactical or Lite model?

I have both and shoot them equally well. Both had trigger upgrades. It's all about the weight of the upper. Lite is perfect for a suppressor....

Posts: 308 | Location: NOVA | Registered: February 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do replace internal parts with the parts from Volquartsen. Ruger's problem with the thumb safety, when fixed, seems to require a slight change to the Volquartsen sear - and possiby other parts. Check with the good people at Volquartsen.

Teh Mk IV is now easy to work on and with Volquartsen parts a delightful practice pistol.

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post